Shocking Finding in the World of Science

No study was needed to prove that.

With no study the alcohol and tobacco companies will say that there is no proof that use of their products creates problems. Look at the campaign of disinformation the tobacco companies carried on, even though a popular name for cigarettes for generations was coffin nails.

I always say people can do what they want, so long as it's only doig it to themselves.

But. As a smoker, what if you break down in a snow storm in your car with your wife or child. The roads are buried in just a few hours. No heat, no blankets, no water, no food, no phone signal. Nobody is coming to get you because nobody knows you're there. Tree tops block the view of the road from above. If you stay in the car overnight, you'll all freeze to death. It might even be a few days until you're found if you choose to stay in your car. So you have to move now. The road into the next town is 7 miles. That's too far in the blizzard to walk. But...if you cross the mountain, you can make it to safety taking a shortcut. It's only 2 1/2 miles. But it's covered in snow and a steep climb. And it's freezing. And windy.

The question is, can you make it? Can you do it while carrying your wife or your child if you had to? If you collapse, you all die right there in the woods. They're relying on you.

Last edited:
we actually paid people to determine the proper angle to use in order to avoid getting piss on yourself while using a urinal.

shockingly enough, they agreed with what my dad told me 45 years ago

Study: Heavy drinking, smoking make people look prematurely old.

How do I get one of these grants? I was thinking a study on bikini colors in various regions of the world.
Since you have no credentials at all for scientific research, nor any idea of how it is undertaken, or any idea of the ruled concerning how the money from a grant is spent, there is no chance at all of you getting such a grant. They are not given to fools.
Pfft. How do you know my credentials?
Besides, what were the credentials of a Swiss Patent office clerk in 1905 who wrote 4 papers that shook the world?
I have plenty of credentials for bikini watching and can even remember to write down my findings once in a awhile.

I always say people can do what they want, so long as it's only doig it to themselves.

But. As a smoker, what if you break down in a snow storm in your car with your wife or child. The roads are buried in just a few hours. No heat, no blankets, no water, no food, no phone signal. Nobody is coming to get you because nobody knows you're there. Tree tops block the view of the road from above. If you stay in the car overnight, you'll all freeze to death. It might even be a few days until you're found if you choose to stay in your car. So you have to move now. The road into the next town is 7 miles. That's too far in the blizzard to walk. But...if you cross the mountain, you can make it to safety taking a shortcut. It's only 2 1/2 miles. But it's covered in snow and a steep climb. And it's freezing. And windy.

The question is, can you make it? Can you do it while carrying your wife or your child if you had to? If you collapse, you all die right there in the woods. They're relying on you.
As someone that frequently travels back country, I have a Coleman stove, blankets, matches, and firestarters with me as standard equipment, also, a bow saw, and small first aid kit. Those are in the car summer and winter.

How do I get one of these grants? I was thinking a study on bikini colors in various regions of the world.
Since you have no credentials at all for scientific research, nor any idea of how it is undertaken, or any idea of the ruled concerning how the money from a grant is spent, there is no chance at all of you getting such a grant. They are not given to fools.
Besides, what were the credentials of a Swiss Patent office clerk in 1905 who wrote 4 papers that shook the world?
I have plenty of credentials for bikini watching and can even remember to write down my findings once in a awhile.
Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math He had learned integral and differential calculus on his own before he was 15 years old.[21]

In 1895, at the age of 16, Einstein took the entrance examinations for the Swiss Federal Polytechnic in Zürich (later the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule, ETH). He failed to reach the required standard in the general part of the examination,[22] but obtained exceptional grades in physics and mathematics.[23] On the advice of the principal of the Polytechnic, he attended the Argovian cantonal school (gymnasium) in Aarau, Switzerland, in 1895–96 to complete his secondary schooling. While lodging with the family of professor Jost Winteler, he fell in love with Winteler's daughter, Marie. (Albert's sister Maja later married Winteler's son Paul.)[24] In January 1896, with his father's approval, Einstein renounced his citizenship in the German Kingdom of Württemberg to avoid military service.[25] In September 1896, he passed the Swiss Matura with mostly good grades, including a top grade of 6 in physics and mathematical subjects, on a scale of 1–6.[26] At 17, he enrolled in the four-year mathematics and physics teaching diploma program at the Zürich Polytechnic. Marie Winteler, who was a year older, moved to Olsberg, Switzerland, for a teaching post.

Albert Einstein - Wikipedia

Damned solid credentials!

Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math He had learned integral and differential calculus on his own before he was 15 years old.[21]

In 1895, at the age of 16, Einstein took the entrance examinations for the Swiss Federal Polytechnic in Zürich (later the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule, ETH). He failed to reach the required standard in the general part of the examination,[22] but obtained exceptional grades in physics and mathematics.[23] On the advice of the principal of the Polytechnic, he attended the Argovian cantonal school (gymnasium) in Aarau, Switzerland, in 1895–96 to complete his secondary schooling. While lodging with the family of professor Jost Winteler, he fell in love with Winteler's daughter, Marie. (Albert's sister Maja later married Winteler's son Paul.)[24] In January 1896, with his father's approval, Einstein renounced his citizenship in the German Kingdom of Württemberg to avoid military service.[25] In September 1896, he passed the Swiss Matura with mostly good grades, including a top grade of 6 in physics and mathematical subjects, on a scale of 1–6.[26] At 17, he enrolled in the four-year mathematics and physics teaching diploma program at the Zürich Polytechnic. Marie Winteler, who was a year older, moved to Olsberg, Switzerland, for a teaching post.

Albert Einstein - Wikipedia

Damned solid credentials!
Well, we know you can cut and paste now.

Now what were the credentials of the office clerk?
Hint: getting good grades in school or falling in love do not count.

If you stay in the car overnight, you'll all freeze to death.

But if it's really that cold, then it will be nearly instant death to go outside, so stay in the car for the night. At least the wolves won't get your bodies.

Cars are excellent shelter. The proper response is huddle up for the night, then leave by yourself the next morning to bring back help.

Forum List

Back