Shocker: Fossil Fuel Funded Lawyer fools Fox News and Forum Posters

RWatt

May 16, 2011
Gee......what a surprise.................

Falling for a fabricated scandal invented by a fossil fuel lobbying think-tank............AGAIN.

On the DRUDGE Report right now!!!

Planet Earth
Changing Tides: Research Center Under Fire for 'Adjusted' Sea-Level Data
By Maxim Lott
Published June 17, 2011
| FoxNews.com

I like the headline because it implies wrong doing already! Wait until you see the next line though!

Is climate change raising sea levels, as Al Gore has argued -- or are climate scientists doctoring the data?

Don't ask us! We are just a news organization with no ability to investigate this question. We are just publishing a claim that smears scientists even if it isn't true. We don't feel this is something we should actually investigate the validity of before publishing.

Notice how we imply that rising sea level is something Al Gore has claimed as if it isn't actually happening. We even say he's "argued" it, implying that it's a controversial idea. Notice how we only bring climate scientists into the picture to ask whether they beat their wives...I mean doctor the data...

Notice we don't accuse scientists of doctoring the data at any point, because we would be sued. We just insinuate it by asking loaded questions.

I know lets just quote some people and then you can decide for yourselves (hmm maybe this could be our tagline)...

First of all lets quote this fellow, who is probably the guy who framed this story and brought it to our attention in the first place:

"Gatekeepers of our sea level data are manufacturing a fictitious sea level rise that is not occurring," said James M. Taylor, a lawyer who focuses on environmental issues for the Heartland Institute".

Read more:

You fcukking losers who fall for this shit.........

"Steve Nerem, the director of the widely relied-upon research center, told FoxNews.com that his group added the 0.3 millimeters per year to the actual sea level measurements.."

RWatt can't read.

The Warmer himself admitted to falsifying the data. Not Foxnews, not a lawyer.

The Warmer himself admitted to faking the data.

Falling for a fabricated scandal invented by a fossil fuel lobbying think-tank............AGAIN.

Planet Earth
By Maxim Lott
Published June 17, 2011
| FoxNews.com

I like the headline because it implies wrong doing already! Wait until you see the next line though!

Is climate change raising sea levels, as Al Gore has argued -- or are climate scientists doctoring the data?

Don't ask us! We are just a news organization with no ability to investigate this question. We are just publishing a claim that smears scientists even if it isn't true. We don't feel this is something we should actually investigate the validity of before publishing.

Notice how we imply that rising sea level is something Al Gore has claimed as if it isn't actually happening. We even say he's "argued" it, implying that it's a controversial idea. Notice how we only bring climate scientists into the picture to ask whether they beat their wives...I mean doctor the data...

Notice we don't accuse scientists of doctoring the data at any point, because we would be sued. We just insinuate it by asking loaded questions.

I know lets just quote some people and then you can decide for yourselves (hmm maybe this could be our tagline)...

First of all lets quote this fellow, who is probably the guy who framed this story and brought it to our attention in the first place:

"Gatekeepers of our sea level data are manufacturing a fictitious sea level rise that is not occurring," said James M. Taylor, a lawyer who focuses on environmental issues for the Heartland Institute".

Read more:

I just love it when the sheeple of the Liberal Led no-mind devotees of pop-science proclaim with assuredness that they are very smart because they have found the truth with a capital T.

Please review the link below which describes the famous fortress in St. Augustine Florida which was built on the shore and completed in 1695. You know where it is today? It's on the shore pretty much where it was in 1695.

I know, I know, facts and actual real world proofs should be discarded when there is a compelling theory with no real world proofs or actual evidence, but I would appreciate a quick comment from you on why, if the level of the sea is rising, why hasn't the shoreline changed?

If this becomes boring, you might want to turn your attention to Plymouth Rock which is still stupidly dry despite years of rising sea levels although there has been allot of design work done around it by the silly locals.

Castillo de San Marcos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Planet Earth
By Maxim Lott
Published June 17, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Read more:

I just love it when the sheeple of the Liberal Led no-mind devotees of pop-science proclaim with assuredness that they are very smart because they have found the truth with a capital T.

Please review the link below which describes the famous fortress in St. Augustine Florida which was built on the shore and completed in 1695. You know where it is today? It's on the shore pretty much where it was in 1695.

I know, I know, facts and actual real world proofs should be discarded when there is a compelling theory with no real world proofs or actual evidence, but I would appreciate a quick comment from you on why, if the level of the sea is rising, why hasn't the shoreline changed?

If this becomes boring, you might want to turn your attention to Plymouth Rock which is still stupidly dry despite years of rising sea levels although there has been allot of design work done around it by the silly locals.

Castillo de San Marcos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fort is in the Denier camp.

So you two actually deny sea level has risen over the 20th century? Do you deny the world has warmed? or that water expands when they it is heated?

As for the subject, you've both been hoodwinked by a lawyer. He was hidden in plain sight. He did you.

You should be ashamed.

Last edited:
"Steve Nerem, the director of the widely relied-upon research center, told FoxNews.com that his group added the 0.3 millimeters per year to the actual sea level measurements.."

RWatt can't read.

The Warmer himself admitted to falsifying the data. Not Foxnews, not a lawyer.

The Warmer himself admitted to faking the data.

Not only does Fox say "Fair & Balanced"

but they also repeat this over and over; "We report.....you decide".

That means sometimes they can't vouch for a story, but when they discover it's bogus they release a retraction.

I've never, ever heard CNN or the others do that.

Last edited:
So you two actually deny sea level has risen over the 20th century? Do you deny the world has warmed? or that water expands when they it is heated?

As for the subject, you've both been hoodwinked by a lawyer. He was hidden in plain sight. He did you.

You should be ashamed.

Did you ever read the article?

How did the lawyer get the Warmer to admit to faking the data? Can you explain that or does that disappear down the memory hole along with your chronic failure to even state a hypothesis?

You should be ashamed.

How did the lawyer get the Warmer to admit to faking the data?

He didn't. He really is quite brilliant. he's completely done you. In plain sight he hid - it was noted he was a lawyer, not a profession particularly known for honesty - and yet for some reason you fell all weak-kneed and puppy eyed for his brilliance. So you find yourself fantasizing scenarios about him that never happened. That idea you have that he even conversed with "the warmer" is a fantasy.

You might want to re-read the article, this time armed with a bit of skepticism.

Sheesh, the data from the satellites concerning the sea level rise, from NASA, has been posted here many times. These silly asses just state that NASA is faking data, as are, of course, any of the other nations that are reporting the same data from their satellites.

You should be ashamed.

He didn't. He really is quite brilliant. he's completely done you. In plain sight he hid - it was noted he was a lawyer, not a profession particularly known for honesty - and yet for some reason you fell all weak-kneed and puppy eyed for his brilliance. So you find yourself fantasizing scenarios about him that never happened. That idea you have that he even conversed with "the warmer" is a fantasy.

You might want to re-read the article, this time armed with a bit of skepticism.

Sheesh, the data from the satellites concerning the sea level rise, from NASA, has been posted here many times. These silly asses just state that NASA is faking data, as are, of course, any of the other nations that are reporting the same data from their satellites.
New web site - new sea level release | CU Sea Level Research Group
One important change in these releases is that we are now adding a correction of 0.3 mm/year due to Glacial Isostatic Adjustment (GIA), so you may notice that the rate of sea level rise is now 0.3 mm/year higher than earlier releases. This is a correction to account for the fact that the global ocean basins are getting slightly larger over time as mantle material moves from under the oceans into previously glaciated regions on land. Simply subtract 0.3 mm/year if you prefer to not include the GIA correction.
You may also note that rate of sea level rise over recent years has been less than the long-term average. This is believed to be due to the recent La Nina's we have been experiencing, though research on this is continuing.​

Changing Tides: Research Center Under Fire for 'Adjusted' Sea-Level Data - FoxNews.com
Climate scientist John Christy, a professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, said that the amount of water in the ocean and sea level were two different things.
"To me… sea level rise is what's measured against the actual coast," he told FoxNews.com. "That's what tells us the impact of rising oceans."
Taylor agreed.
"Many global warming alarmists say that vast stretches of coastline are going to be swallowed up by the sea. Well, that means we should be talking about sea level, not about global water volume."

--

But Taylor said that the correction seemed bigger when compared with actual sea level increases.
"We’ve seen only 7 inches of sea level rise in the past century and it hasn’t sped up this century. Compared to that, this would add nearly 20 percent to the sea level rise. That's not insignificant," he told FoxNews.com.​

RWatt:

Think your luck convincing people that this is just a hoax would change on a SECOND thread?

I owe Fox News a thank-you - I guess. They seem to cover MEANINGFUL environmental stories and assume that their listeners are SMART ENOUGH to recognize fudging data. I (and others) already gave you a scientific argument for why it's fudging on the other thread. Of course you never responded. Evidently you're more interested in claiming distortion because of WHO picks the story up. I'll apologize profusely if I see this reported on CNN or MSNBC differently.. (Not holding my breath.)

Last edited:

You should be ashamed.

And your true colors are exposed. The oceans rise and they go down. The world warms and it cools. You and your ilk are the anti science religous zealots now. Congrats, you've been duped by conmen.

Sheesh, the fort still stands and has not disappeared beneath the waves. Sheesh hansen predicted in the '80s that parts of NYC would be underwater. Sheesh these morons can't understand that reality is based on fictitious data, not tangible buildings that you can go into....those don't count!

Just sheesh!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Planet Earth
By Maxim Lott
Published June 17, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Read more:

Do you think you are making a point here?

You should be ashamed.

You might want to read the article. Period.

You should be ashamed.

Are you aware that 86% of the islands that were supposed to have been sinking have either remained stable or increased in size?

ScienceDirect - Global and Planetary Change : The dynamic response of reef islands to sea-level rise: Evidence from multi-decadal analysis of island change in the Central Pacific

Or that one of the sources of the fox nes article you are so quick to disparage is actually a climate scientist who supports AGW?

Climate scientist John Christy, a professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, said that the amount of water in the ocean and sea level were two different things.
"To me… sea level rise is what's measured against the actual coast," he told FoxNews.com. "That's what tells us the impact of rising oceans."

Maybe, if you had a brain that worked, you would be able to see that truth is not always what you think it is.

You should be ashamed.

Are you aware that 86% of the islands that were supposed to have been sinking have either remained stable or increased in size?

ScienceDirect - Global and Planetary Change : The dynamic response of reef islands to sea-level rise: Evidence from multi-decadal analysis of island change in the Central Pacific

Or that one of the sources of the fox nes article you are so quick to disparage is actually a climate scientist who supports AGW?

Maybe, if you had a brain that worked, you would be able to see that truth is not always what you think it is.

86% of the Islands are Deniers too.

Did you read the article? The numbers you have been posting were all based on falsified data because the people reporting the numbers wanted to compensate for the fact that the land is also rising.

Forum List

Back