Shocked and Amazed! CBS and Amazon Are Linked

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This has been the spring of CBS promoting books on its news programs, and forgetting to mention that the parent company has a financial stake in the sales of said books:

http://ratherbiased.com/news/content/view/132/

CBS News Confirms Amazon.com Partnership.
June 23, 2004, 12:27:12 EDT

RatherBiased.com has received official confirmation from an ad executive at CBSNews.com that the network's Web site is a business partner with Amazon.com.

In an interview, CBSNews.com sales director David Ghiraldini verified the existence of the relationship but declined to discuss the partnership or the ethical ramifications of a news organization profiting from the sale of controversial (and predominately liberal) political books.

...Besides its controversial vending of the books of authors featured on its news programming and its unprecedented decision to devote an entire 60 Minutes episode to Dan Rather's dialogues with former president Bill Clinton, CBS has also come under fire for forcing all of its radio affiliates to carry a live townhall meeting featuring Clinton tomorrow.

"It's going to be like one big commercial for the book! Why didn't Mr. Clinton's publisher just buy an hour," a CBS Radio News affiliate exec told Matt Drudge last week. "This is not news, this is marketing. I already feel dirty!"

Interesting but not too surprising. I heard something pertaining to the fact that 'king" moon or whatever his title is now is an owner in a media company that owns The Washington Post and other papers. I'm looking for more facts on this now. Maybe a little truth is leaking out about the media.

Forum List

Back