Shock therapy/Electrocution

Is shock therapy a form of electrocution?

• Total voters
Mebbe it was a flawed analogy, bones. But the fact remains, shock therapy is useful to some patients and is done in a humane manner. Hardly seems like a reason to slam a cyber door, Ma'am.

xotoxi ain't really that aggravating, is he?

o shove it up your ass xox.....

you ask my opinion and i gave it..is the brain a fucking muscle you damned idiot....is it?

there is a major difference between shocking a muscle ....you cant shock the brain back to normal now can you?

fucking asshole....*slams the cyber door on the way out*

yelling up at window...did i mention i think you are an asshole?????

You can shock any body part back to normal that generates an electrical impulse.

Heart, brain, muscles...

Mebbe it was a flawed analogy, bones. But the fact remains, shock therapy is useful to some patients and is done in a humane manner. Hardly seems like a reason to slam a cyber door, Ma'am.

Actually, it wasn't a flawed analogy at all.

Yes, the heart is a muscle and the brain is a cluster of nerves...but more importantly, they are body parts.

Shocking them helps to reset and correct their abnormal electrical impulses...it has nothing to do with whether or not they are muscles or not.

ooooooooooooo now you gonna flaunt that doctor degree...so that is how this is rollin?

okay i will grant you that....the whole body is electrical...but i still dont see shock therapy doing much...i was gonna say its like drilling holes in the skull but that is needed when the brain begins to swell..

ooooooooooooo now you gonna flaunt that doctor degree...so that is how this is rollin?

okay i will grant you that....the whole body is electrical...but i still dont see shock therapy doing much...i was gonna say its like drilling holes in the skull but that is needed when the brain begins to swell..

Shock therapy may not do much for some...but it may do a lot for others.

Just like any medical treatment...works for some, doesn't work for others.

And ECT is reserved for only the worst cases...luckily most people that have depression respond to normal doses of antidepressants.

Yes, the heart is a muscle and the brain is a cluster of nerves...but more importantly, they are body parts.

Shocking them helps to reset and correct their abnormal electrical impulses...it has nothing to do with whether or not they are muscles or not.

look the brain is like the last frontier...you can damage a wee bit of the brain and its wheelchair city...yet they can remove half the brain and stop seizures...so i dont think any of us claim to know the workings of the brain.....

i still dont think shocking a brain over and over does a body good

look the brain is like the last frontier...you can damage a wee bit of the brain and its wheelchair city...yet they can remove half the brain and stop seizures...so i dont think any of us claim to know the workings of the brain.....

When one has cancer, chemotherapy doesn't do a body good either...but sometimes you have no choice....it is either chemo, or let your body be overtaken by cancer.

It is either ECT, or let your body and mind be overtaken by depression.

Regardless of what you think you are wrong that shock therapy is electrocution. Electrocution requires death.

good point.....

i swear if breathing was spontaneous i would die from lack of ambition to do it....right now...

i just dont think one should continue with shock therapy if it doesnt work the first few times....there should be a limit on how many times its done....but hell when you cut your wrists while on duty in the damned hospital things go down hill pretty fast

and i am not much for drugs that mess with the brain.....why is it so acceptable to drug people in this country...no other country drugs their kids like we do...

I had electro shock treatments to try and relieve my major depression. It helped but not enough to justify continuing to use it. The only side effect is that you have short term memory loss. You can not remember that period of time with the shocks at all and a few weeks around them.

As for medicine I am probably still alive because of medicine. I take 2 different medications, One for depression and delusional thinking and a second just for depression. Before 2004 my life was hell. There were days I just curled into a ball on the bed afraid to move cause if I did I would kill myself. That year we finally found the right medication and dose. I no longer am as depressed.

I still have suicidal thoughts and depression but none are overpowering or so strong I can not handle them.

good point.....

i swear if breathing was spontaneous i would die from lack of ambition to do it....right now...

i just dont think one should continue with shock therapy if it doesnt work the first few times....there should be a limit on how many times its done....but hell when you cut your wrists while on duty in the damned hospital things go down hill pretty fast

That is how it works, I received 3 treatments. After the third I was evaluated and the decision was they were not helping enough to justify continuing.

and i am not much for drugs that mess with the brain.....why is it so acceptable to drug people in this country...no other country drugs their kids like we do...

I had electro shock treatments to try and relieve my major depression. It helped but not enough to justify continuing to use it. The only side effect is that you have short term memory loss. You can not remember that period of time with the shocks at all and a few weeks around them.

As for medicine I am probably still alive because of medicine. I take 2 different medications, One for depression and delusional thinking and a second just for depression. Before 2004 my life was hell. There were days I just curled into a ball on the bed afraid to move cause if I did I would kill myself. That year we finally found the right medication and dose. I no longer am as depressed.

I still have suicidal thoughts and depression but none are overpowering or so strong I can not handle them.

Thanks for sharing. :thup:

Do you think it would cure gayness?

Regardless of what you think you are wrong that shock therapy is electrocution. Electrocution requires death.

LOL - I knew that you would adopt that as your own. You made no mention of it until xotoxi brought it up in the other thread.

Be that as it may, you clearly said you believe Mal would run electricity through a gay if given the chance, even though he had given no indication that he would like to. So I used the wrong word in describing it, big damn deal Ravi. That is small potatoes compared to the outrageous lies you tell on a daily basis.

LOL - I knew that you would adopt that as your own. You made no mention of it until xotoxi brought it up in the other thread.

Be that as it may, you clearly said you believe Mal would run electricity through a gay if given the chance, even though he had given no indication that he would like to. So I used the wrong word in describing it, big damn deal Ravi. That is small potatoes compared to the outrageous lies you tell on a daily basis.
As I said before, you should restrain yourself from entering posts on matters that are over your head. A quick reading of the original thread would have stopped you from making a fool of yourself.

Well, probably not but there's always hope for you.

Well, shit...I think that last sentence was probably a lie...there is no hope for you. :lol:

Ravi said Mal would be for "shock treatment". FUCK!

And why are we still going over this? Conhog get over it.

Forum List

Back