SHOCK POLL: Romney 48% Obama 43%...

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office * * * *

It is not clear that orheaoh is actually a fiscal conservative or a conservative in any sense.

NOBODY who would vote for the FLOP in Chief can properly be called a "conservative."

She doesn't want to live in a theocracy.

Nor does anyone else in the race. Seems to me that everyone wants to restore the Republic, or atleast their image of it.

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office * * * *

It is not clear that orheaoh is actually a fiscal conservative or a conservative in any sense.

NOBODY who would vote for the FLOP in Chief can properly be called a "conservative."

She has also made several posts on how Santorum can't get enough delegates, but wont answer any questions on what she now things of Newt who has less delegates than Santorum. Clearly She thinks Santorum should drop out, but I cant figure out why she isnt saying the same about Newt if she is thinking that.

Santorum should drop out because newt would be a better president than Santorum. Newt would do better in a debate against Obama also.

She doesn't want to live in a theocracy.

Nor does anyone else in the race. Seems to me that everyone wants to restore the Republic, or atleast their image of it.

You obviously have not seen any of Ricky's speaches lately.

I can't say im very shocked here. Did anyone honestly expect the Republican nominee not to give Obama a run for his money no matter who it is? I know there are some in complete denial that Obama is a crappy President, but most people arent.

But as we are still 8 months out, this really doesnt mean anything.

I think Obama is a crappy president, but Romney would be a worse one.

But this poll is bullshit. It's a fluke, as Rasmussen had Obama leading Romney by 10 points a few weeks ago, and it's not like anything has massively changed in that time. It also shows Santorum beating Obama by one point.

Right. But when a rogue poll had Newt up by 2 points in NH, you were quick to jump on that as showing Romney was losing his grip.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:

The fact Romney is still struggling agains these two "bozos" is all the evidence you really need.

that same poll from Rassmussen shows that Santorum could beat Obama, too. So there's no real reason to support Romney based on this poll, is there?

Right. But when a rogue poll had Newt up by 2 points in NH, you were quick to jump on that as showing Romney was losing his grip.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:
New York Times/CBS Poll - Document - NYTimes.com

Again. It's a poll. But really, when a pair of left wing organizations show this big of a drop, you must at least wonder if there is a trend here. Of course, it could be a flucke of sampling. Always possible, and I don't trust it yet.... But, it's an interesting little pin poke to the "it's just a rightwing outlier poll" theory for Rassmussen.

Like I said earlier, its just one poll. Every other poll has had Obama leading for some time. It may be a beginning of a trend, but right now, its just one poll that stands out from all the others. If there are other polls showing Romney leading, then we will have a better idea that Romney is doing better.

EDIT - for example a new ABC/WaPost poll has Romney leading by 2% even though a CBS poll has Obama leading by 3. Thus, it is likely Romney is closing the gap.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

But its still March. It's way, way too early.

and let's not forget, the Weird Mormon Robot was leading Ted Kennedy in 1994.

Until Kennedy got started running the AmPad commercials.

Romney hasn't really been hit by Obama yet. He's bogged down talking about birth control with Santorum and quivering in his boots at Rush Limbaugh.

So, no, I don't worry about it. Romney's whole history is finding ways to choke.

Forum List

Back