SHOCK: Missippi is a swing state

Obama's chances of winning Mississippi are as likely as McCain's winning California.

It just ain't gonna happen. So let Obama waste time advertising there, it will draw attention from the important states he actually might win.

Single digit lead for McCain.

Hey, they did it in 1956.

hey I feel you and would love nothing more than for one more red state to now be in play. But this is Mississippi we're talking about. It's one thing for MS to go blue. It's an ENTIRELY different ACT OF DIVINITY for MS to go blue by casting it's electoral votes for a black man. Hell, I'm willing to bet that even if this major miracle came to pass, MS electoral college voters STILL would cast their votes for Mcdaddy and say "screw the mandate of the people of MS."

I just don't see it happening.....

As a fellow Southerner let me just say

No way in hell.

I know these people and -- no way in hell.

Exactly. I grew up along the Arkansas/Mississippi border. I spent a lot of time in some of the rural areas of Misssissippi like Tupelo, Tunica, Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale, Starksville, Cleveland...these aren't just white people. They're white people toting rebel flags.

I will believe Barack Obama will carry Mississippi when he carries my home state of Arizona. I don't see this as anywhere near possible. I do believe however, that Obama will carry our neighbor to the north Nevada and Colorado, from reports based on the local news here and early voting has been heavily for Obama. Although, if your supporting Barack Obama in this election I would not hold out hope that Mississippi will become an Obama bastion anytime soon.

Exactly. I grew up along the Arkansas/Mississippi border. I spent a lot of time in some of the rural areas of Misssissippi like Tupelo, Tunica, Oxford, Batesville, Clarksdale, Starksville, Cleveland...these aren't just white people. They're white people toting rebel flags.

hmmm.....

Attachments

• $black_confederates.jpg
    $black_confederates.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 60
I will believe Barack Obama will carry Mississippi when he carries my home state of Arizona. I don't see this as anywhere near possible. I do believe however, that Obama will carry our neighbor to the north Nevada and Colorado, from reports based on the local news here and early voting has been heavily for Obama. Although, if your supporting Barack Obama in this election I would not hold out hope that Mississippi will become an Obama bastion anytime soon.

The only way Obama will carry Arizona is if ACORN manages to sneak enough illegal alien votes into the Democrat pile.

As for pulling that off for Mississippi, even Jack Murtha wouldn't buy into that one.

And I agree, Colorado may go Democrat. Lots of snow birds worried about their social security checks and medicare benefits.

Obama has the money to advertise anywhere he wants. People can disagree with me if they want...but I really think Obama has a victory (not landslide, perhaps, but victory) pretty much wrapped up.

And? Maybe you listen to polls, but I don't. Even when they're in favor of issues and candidates I like, I think polls are huge piles of malarky. If I thought that pollsters were half as interested in tracking public opinion as shaping it, I'd pay a little more attention to them.

Let me guess, you also don't pay attention to evolution, diet regulations, disease research and anything else that's a known fact that you somehow don't agree with?

One poll by itself doesn't matter.

But when you're in a sea of blue...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Forum List

Back