Shock claim: Bush wants impose martial law

I see this has been relegated to the conspriacy room.

I don't think it requires a CONSPIRACY for the POTUS (even this POTUS) to be prepared for economic disaster leading to a breakdown in civil authority.

Do bear in mind that some of the first organizations that will break down will be state and local governments if this credit crises isn't resolved,

Or haven't most of you noticed that most municipalities have to borrow money every year to keep going while they're anticipating their revenue streams to manifest?

No revenues = NO COPS!

One hopes that our government has emergency plans in place JUST IN CASE, is no conspiracy theory.

If they DON'T have such plans in place, they're NOT doing their jobs.

Last edited:
I see this has been relegated to the conspriacy room.

I don't think it requires a CONSPIRACY for the POTUS (even this POTUS) to be prepared for economic disaster leading to a breakdown in civil authority.

Do bear in mind that some of the first organizations that will break down will be state and local governments if this credit crises isn't resolved,

Or haven't most of you noticed that most municipalities have to borrow money every year to keep going while they're anticipating their revenue streams to manifest?

No revenues = NO COPS!

One hopes that our government has emergency plans in place JUST IN CASE, is no conspiracy theory.

If they DON'T have such plans in place, they're NOT doing their jobs.

The OP claims Bush wants to impose martial law-----THAT is the conspiracy.
Planning to deal with the possibilities of massive civilian unrest is a damn good idea in my book too.

The OP claims Bush wants to impose martial law-----THAT is the conspiracy.
Planning to deal with the possibilities of massive civilian unrest is a damn good idea in my book too.

Massive civilian unrest in America. How many people would have bet on that scene being a possible future back in the 80's and 90's?

Isn't America the place where legal protest is like the little earthquakes that relieve pressure and stave off the 'big one'?

The very fact that a President of the United States feels the need to prepare for massive civilian unrest should be a big red flag. Something pretty big is up.

-Joe

A question is civil unrest by the legal citizens of the United States or massive disturbances by illegals and terroritst. I still do not believe the US government can use our military against its own citizens.

A question is civil unrest by the legal citizens of the United States or massive disturbances by illegals and terroritst. I still do not believe the US government can use our military against its own citizens.

Apparently it can. And apparently that was what Bush wished to happen.

One by one, the pieces are moved. Didn't you notice? Patriot Act? Signing statements? Didn't it occur to you that things were being changed?

Frog meet water, gradually heating up water, water near boiling point.

Thanks for the reply if that change is in the patriot act I did not see it Thanks again Mike

No Mike, you need to check out a few more things, it's not that simple and I suspect you know that.
Posse comitatus.

But you can report back that you're making progress. Tell the boss that the little folks are still sucked in by the bullshit.

Not that it affects me of course. I'm watching very interested but very uninvolved.

So, which level of propaganda are you responsible for? Are you a minor apparatchik despatched to populate the various forums with bullshit good news such as the housing prices in Boston?

Fuck, you are transparent. Can't the spooks find good staff any longer?

The eager-beaver approach gave you away. There you are like a fucking Beagle with its tongue hanging out.

Amateurish stuff.

"Continuity of Government" (COG) Provisions activated in 2001

by Tom Burghardt

Global Research, October 6, 2008
Antifascist Calling...

Ten months before the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld approved an updated version of the U.S. Army's secret operational Continuity of Government (COG) plans. -edited-

AR 500-3 demonstrates that from the very first moments after being installed in office, the Bush regime was involved in a "controlled demolition" of the U.S. Constitution.

um, ten months before 9/11, Bill Cohen was SecDef. He worked for Clinton,he was president at the time.

in fact, 9 months before 9/11 Bill Cohen was SecDef.

my advice to you would be to buy a better grade of tinfoil; them rays are still getting through.
:cuckoo:

Apparently it can. And apparently that was what Bush wished to happen.

One by one, the pieces are moved. Didn't you notice? Patriot Act? Signing statements? Didn't it occur to you that things were being changed?

Frog meet water, gradually heating up water, water near boiling point.

The United States has ALWAYS been able to use the military against its citizens in the right circumstances. Or have we forgotten Washington as President leading the Army in Pennsylvania against a rebellion? Or the Civil War or the Reconstruction after said war?

Martial law has ALWAYS allowed for the use of the military even temporarily in law enforcement duties. It is neither a new development nor some secret plot by Bush.

Have we forgotten the National Guard in the South desegregating schools? The Guard is Federal, always has been since the early 1900's. The States control the officers appointed but the Federal Government does and DID call them up for duty against the wishes of the State and for civil unrest and law enforcement.

Some of you need to learn a little history.

The United States has ALWAYS been able to use the military against its citizens in the right circumstances. Or have we forgotten Washington as President leading the Army in Pennsylvania against a rebellion? Or the Civil War or the Reconstruction after said war?

Martial law has ALWAYS allowed for the use of the military even temporarily in law enforcement duties. It is neither a new development nor some secret plot by Bush.

Have we forgotten the National Guard in the South desegregating schools? The Guard is Federal, always has been since the early 1900's. The States control the officers appointed but the Federal Government does and DID call them up for duty against the wishes of the State and for civil unrest and law enforcement.

Some of you need to learn a little history.

Yes.

I suspect that should Bush attempt to prevent an election claiming a national emergency, and should he attempt to call upon the military to back him up, he will fail.

I still have enough faith in the officer corps of the military to think that many of the top brass, regardless of their political stripe, are not going to follow orders that they believe are an obvious violation of the Constitution.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Bush's support among the top brass of our services isn't very high to begin with.

I have noted that top military brass respect competence and Bush II just isn't competent

His initial incompetence in Iraq was caused because he DIDN'T LISTEN to the military to begin with, and that isn't something that those guys are likely to forget.

The thing that grabs myy attention is that the threat of martial law was used as a motivation for congress to pass the bailout.

Congress is supposed to use its judgment, or represent its people, but bow to threats? No thank you! Thta is why the topic grabbed my attention, nothing to do with the election or 'ten months before 9/11' or anything like that.

If congress is being manipulated with threats, if Bush is undoing regulations (like posse comitatus) in order to have more clubs to swing around his head at congress, - then like Diuretic says it's another piece being moved. Simple.

That the WMR cites 2 more sources (FEMA and Pelosi) in regards to this threat to get the bailout passed, strengthens Brad Shermans YouTube claim.

New Topics

Forum List

Back