Shiva the Narrator: An Immigration Demonology

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is an immigration-meditation parable inspired by the relevant culture-dramatization film Gangs of New York.

Cheers,

====

"My name is Lord Shva, and I am the Hindu god of destruction. I meditate on a mountain sometimes and sometimes in the expanse of Mother Nature --- in the forests (etc.). I meditate mostly on the parameters of war and brutality and the necessity of ethics and the obligation of the gods to wield control over the forces of violence and anarchy for the pursuit of truth and love. I am distressed by mankind's incessant need to compete and how it creates a need for armies, commanders, and centurions (e.g., Donald Trump).

centurion.jpg

I meditated on a hypothetical royal mother and child immigrating from India to America during the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt, when immigration-policies were really 'shaping' the nation and affecting the destiny of future geopolitical dealings (e.g., NATO, European Union, etc.). Let's imagine the mother and child's names are Ashwaryia (mother) and Shanti (child), and they move to America after a bloody coup of their royal palace by Communist rebels who try to murder them after killing the king (Ashwaryia's husband). As Ashwaryia and Shanti try to build a new life in America (in New York), as Ashwaryia works at an art museum, they discover that rival street-gangs vie for dominion during a time of immigration complexity --- something actually depicted in the Martin Scorsese movie Gangs of New York!

baby.jpg

Ashwaryia learns that a ruthless Italian-American gang called the Natives is challenging the authority of the rival Irish-American gang called the Dead Rabbits. The leader of the Natives (named Bill) notices Ashwaryia working in the museum and then sees her walking her child Shanti on the street one Saturday morning. Bill delivers a speech in a public pulpit and declares that America's willingness to employ 'ethnic immigrants' liberally in museums spells disaster for well-settled Italian-Americans and the Natives and demands Ashwaryia and Shanti be burned at the stake on Halloween Eve as witches! Ashwaryia realizes the scope of capitalism wrath and the failure of democracy in the face of challenging immigration-related 'issues.'

lf.jpg

It becomes clear to Ashwaryia that America and New York comprise an immigration-heavy 'lake of fire' which can only reveal a terrible road to perdition for the destiny of the great nation. She does not know that America is destined to fight (someday) in landmark wars such as World War II and the Gulf War and that immigration may always be an incendiary 'topic.' As Ashwaryia prepares to flee to Canada with her child Shanti for safety, the Natives continue their vain struggle against the Dead Rabbits. Such a 'history-symbolic tale' only reinforces in me the notion that the most important 'value' in the meditation of the great 'war over liberty' is the pure 'memory of the blasphemy of racism.' May democracy flourish!"

====

:dance:

shiva.jpg

Forum List

Back