Shiva-Pennywise: Profiteerism Sermons

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Shiva is the Hindu god of destruction and meditation.

Pennywise is the demonic clown from the iconic American horror-fiction novel It (Stephen King).

Shiva represents power balanced with self-control, while Pennywise represents the anarchism associated with wrath and criminality.

Because Shiva has been used as an avatar/deity for governance rhetorics, and Pennywise has been referenced in casual discussions about horror-art aesthetics, these two 'folk mysticism avatars' are perfect foils of each other.

Shiva is to Hamlet what Pennywise is to Fortinbras.

For our modern age of populism dialogue created by mercantilism-gauged networking and politics (i.e., European Union), understanding the mosaic of folk dialogue and folk mysticism comprises an interesting "spiritualism stand."

In the celebrated American horror novel The Stand (Stephen King) two eccentric groups vie for dominion in an apocalyptic atmosphere. The modern world seems fertile for creative and serious ideas about philosophical debates (i.e., profiteerism vs. democracy, absurdism vs. theism, etc.).

Therefore, let us imagine that Shiva and Pennywise present themselves in a metaphoric new age spiritualism stand between governance and absurdism (or anarchy):

"
Shiva: Now that Halloween is approaching, I wonder how many African-Americans will dress up as Green Lantern John Stewart (DC Comics), perhaps the most popular African-American male superhero in comic books today.

Pennywise: I wonder how many African-Americans will dress up as Green Lantern John Stewart this Halloween as a gesture of sarcasm (i.e., racism critique).

Shiva: That's an interesting angle, Pennywise. I was thinking more optimistically. That is to say, the frequency of John Stewart costumes should in theory promote positive thinking about festive populism dialogue.

Pennywise: I'm sure that could be true. However, Halloween is not only about festivity. It's also about the occult and catering to the dark instincts in man. Therefore, John Stewart costumes could be construed as social criticisms.

Shiva: Perhaps the only solution is to present two sides to this argument.

Pennywise: You're the kind of thinker to say something like that. However, I'd like to posit that these two sides of the argument are in heated contrast (and hence competition).

Shiva: In that case, I will defend the optimistic side.

Pennywise: And I will forward the nihilistic side.

Shiva: Let's play.

Pennywise: An African-American retains the right to forward the nihilistic side to this argument by virtue of free will and the same democratic principles you yourself would defend.

Shiva: How then would you explain the peaceful and sportsmanlike competitive spirit of the international Olympic games, which invite athletes of all ethnic and political and economic backgrounds?

Pennywise: A game (or sport) is not the same thing as real life.

Shiva: Yes, but games (and sports) train the mind to think about self-improvement.

Pennywise: You win partially. You have to concede that people enjoy making games (and sports) holograms of real life and hence like virtual reality.

Shiva: I concede. Let's call this a stalemate.

Pennywise: For now, agreed!

"

Such an exchange should surely motivate us to think more progressively about globalization propaganda and hence spiritualism philosophy as it relates to profiteerism (i.e., The Wolf of Wall Street).

=====

Shiva

Pennywise

Green Lantern John Stewart

The Stand (Stephen King)

The Wolf of Wall Street

shiva-pennywise.jpg

lantern2.jpg purge.jpg

Forum List

Back