Shiva-Kali: Blood Diamond Timepiece

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
To my beloved USMB community, I know I've signed off (retired) from Internet-blogging, but I felt the overwhelming urge today to offer up a creative dialogue between my two old favorite folk-mythos avatars, Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Kali (Hindu goddess of anarchy) regarding the ebb-and-flow of modern capitalism values, especially after watching some Election coverage pertinent to new millennium pro-globalization capitalism considerations.

Will Republican controls over D.C. affect globalization finance imagination in the years to come?

I know some of you missed me, but this is indeed just a fond reminiscence for the best Internet board in the world (at least currently!).

Thanks for reading...and Happy Holidays!

====

SHIVA: The illegal blood-diamond trade is alarming.
KALI: You only learned about it through movies and YouTube videos!
SHIVA: True, but I picked up quite a bit of interesting information.
KALI: Well, diamond trading is relevant for new kinds of capitalism corruption.
SHIVA: True, and I'm intrigued by notions of learning about capitalism theory!
KALI: I suppose learning from the errant ways of man is a signature of intelligence.
SHIVA: I believe that is the case, since man is always redeemable.
KALI: Is that really true?
SHIVA: Sure; everyone is tempted by profit, but we all care about welfare.
KALI: Isn't that why the New Deal improved the world's opinions about America?
SHIVA: Yes, social security has separated America from capitalism over-indulgences.
KALI: Right, it's not just a cowboy-show of gold-diggers in America.
SHIVA: To create policy and regulations, we simply think about commercial values!
KALI: Are there ways to constructively talk about commercial values these days?
SHIVA: Even though Starbucks and Microsoft are about big money, there's also design.
KALI: Design?
SHIVA: Yes, indeed; there's an interesting conscious 'design' to capitalism development.
KALI: What about the theory that it's a randomly ebullient system based on gains?
SHIVA: The more intelligent/shrewd capitalist today thinks about profit-sharing.
KALI: Profit-sharing?
SHIVA: Indeed; profit-sharing can hoist a market with merged companies making peace!
KALI: I suppose unmanaged profiteerism can create juvenile forms of anarchy.
SHIVA: We don't want juvenile anarchy in a modern world gauged by trade networks!
KALI: In that case, let's frame the illegal diamond-trade as a model for reform.
SHIVA: That's the hope, my dear.
KALI: What do you intend to promote in terms of resource-mining?
SHIVA: Clean coal technologies remind people of diamonds, and we can focus on renewables.
KALI: What will stop renewable energies from becoming another well for hoarding?
SHIVA: Perspective; framing the diamond-trade as a model for reform reveals patterns.
KALI: This seems surprisingly intellectual!
SHIVA: That's the beauty of it --- finding grand designs in seas of chaos.
KALI: Isn't that what DreamWorks Studios (Hollywood) intended?
SHIVA: DreamWorks is definitely a company focusing on harnessing social imagination.
KALI: It's so tempting to just guzzle down cheese-fries while drinking coffee...
SHIVA: That's why temperance is the core value in this era of rampant consumerism.
KALI: In that case, let's go watch the movie Blood Diamond together.
SHIVA: Yes; we might come up with some nice ideas regarding 'holy' regret!

====

shiva1.jpg

Forum List

Back