Ship It Green: Electrification of Delivery Trucks

Want to bet? There are now a couple of those trucks, the 8 ton jobs, tooling around Portland right now, delivering products.

A clever marketing ploy Ray..........pulls a segment of the market towards UPS. That is all it is about. Has nothing to do with UPS being a green organization. UPS knows that there are hybrid drivers tooting around town, notice that and say to themselves, "Geee.......UPS is really caring about our enviroenment. Next time I'll choose them for shipping!!!". Marketing people get paid big bucks to identify potential consumers that are suckers.

Want to bet? There are now a couple of those trucks, the 8 ton jobs, tooling around Portland right now, delivering products.

A clever marketing ploy Ray..........pulls a segment of the market towards UPS. That is all it is about. Has nothing to do with UPS being a green organization. UPS knows that there are hybrid drivers tooting around town, notice that and say to themselves, "Geee.......UPS is really caring about our enviroenment. Next time I'll choose them for shipping!!!". Marketing people get paid big bucks to identify potential consumers that are suckers.

That might well be one reason, of course all carriers are using these systems (Fedex, UPS and even USPS) and they are all claiming that they are less expensive to run and maintain, and more reliable than the gas and diesel carriers in their fleets.

Not UPS. One is a FritoLay jobber, the other an indepentdent trucker.

Forum List

Back