She's starting again!!!!!!

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
This shit just pisses me off.... ok.... here goes....

My distinguished Senator visited the Binghamton area for a ribbon cutting ceremony of a new Lockheed building and I'm sure a chance to get in front of a camera...

Anyway, this lurid piece of journalism pops up on the opinion page of the local newspaper (the only one in town). And sure enough, the unbiased reporter laps up every word of Senator Clinton's like a cat lapping up milk...

and what did Senator Clinton have to say? Why, the 2004 election was stolen!

Here's a quote from the column

No matter which side you voted for in that election, take the time to read Kennedy's article. Every American should. (And maybe it wouldn't hurt to read Freeman's new book "Was the 2004 Presidential Election Stolen? Exit Polls, Election Fraud, and the Official Count.") Clinton says Kennedy's article shows conclusively that "something happened" with the 2004 presidential election vote.

"A problem with the integrity of our voting system is as serious as a problem we can have," she said. "People will give up. It undermines confidence in government. It unravels our way of life."

Yes, Senator Clinton, "something" did happen, the Democrats lost by a popular majority. That happens in a two party democratic system, sometimes, you lose. I'm sure if she's elected president, she'll help fix that problem....
But I guess, in their world view, if the Republicans win, it's because of some conspiracy.... I can imagine what they say in private, "how dare they, those plebians, elected US out of office, just who do they think they are? Oh, that's right, they're too stupid to think for themselves, obviously the little darlings have been tricked by the evil Republican Party!"

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060619/COLUMNISTS04/606190303/1005/

These pinheads do not really think the election was stolen

They are loading up to attack the Sec of State Ken Blackwell who is running for Gov of Ohio

You see he has committed the one unforgivable act as far as lib are concerned

He is black and he is a conservative

They are doing the same in Md to Lt Gov Steele.

red states rule said:
These pinheads do not really think the election was stolen

They are loading up to attack the Sec of State Ken Blackwell who is running for Gov of Ohio

You see he has committed the one unforgivable act as far as lib are concerned

He is black and he is a conservative

They are doing the same in Md to Lt Gov Steele.

Let me tell you something... the article refers to something written by Robert Kennedy Jr.... that's rich

In 1960, his uncle became president, but there were "irregularities" in the voting of certain states.... Nixon didn't fight it.... the 1960 election may have been stolen, too!

KarlMarx said:
This shit just pisses me off.... ok.... here goes....

My distinguished Senator visited the Binghamton area for a ribbon cutting ceremony of a new Lockheed building and I'm sure a chance to get in front of a camera...

Anyway, this lurid piece of journalism pops up on the opinion page of the local newspaper (the only one in town). And sure enough, the unbiased reporter laps up every word of Senator Clinton's like a cat lapping up milk...

and what did Senator Clinton have to say? Why, the 2004 election was stolen!

Here's a quote from the column

Yes, Senator Clinton, "something" did happen, the Democrats lost by a popular majority. That happens in a two party democratic system, sometimes, you lose. I'm sure if she's elected president, she'll help fix that problem....
But I guess, in their world view, if the Republicans win, it's because of some conspiracy.... I can imagine what they say in private, "how dare they, those plebians, elected US out of office, just who do they think they are? Oh, that's right, they're too stupid to think for themselves, obviously the little darlings have been tricked by the evil Republican Party!"

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060619/COLUMNISTS04/606190303/1005/

Have you read Kennedy's article? I'm not taking a position on it because I've only seen part of it. But have you given it a look?

KarlMarx said:
Let me tell you something... the article refers to something written by Robert Kennedy Jr.... that's rich

In 1960, his uncle became president, but there were "irregularities" in the voting of certain states.... Nixon didn't fight it.... the 1960 election may have been stolen, too!

May well have been. But what does that have to do with the current issue? Voting irregularities occur with er...regularity. ;)

I even know of one local Surrogate's election where there were no voting machines sent to precints where one particular candidate was favored.

jillian said:
May well have been. But what does that have to do with the current issue? Voting irregularities occur with er...regularity. ;)

I even know of one local Surrogate's election where there were no voting machines sent to precints where one particular candidate was favored.

The only people convicted of election fraud in the 04 elections have been DEMOCRATS!!!

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/06/guilty-verdict-in-esl-voter-fraud.html
"Guilty" Verdict in ESL Voter Fraud Trial

The Prosecution told the jury "You cannot hide from the tapes."
And they didn't!

More on the East St. Louis Vote Fraud Investigations:

Kelvin Ellis, a top administrator at East St. Louis City Hall, was indicted yesterday for plotting to kill a witness in the year long East St. Louis, Illinois federal vote fraud investigation.

...Federal officials made only measured statements at a news conference, and hinted there is more to come from a yearlong investigation. This is "the beginning of a concerted and focused effort to root out public corruption," said Weysan Dun, special agent in charge of the FBI's Springfield, Ill., field office, which has jurisdiction over the Metro East area.

Ellis, 55, who once served a prison term after abusing a city post, is now the director of regulatory affairs, which puts him in charge of housing inspections. He also is a precinct committeeman with close ties to the community's Democratic Party leaders.

The indictments accuse Ellis of trying to have an unidentified witness killed. Court documents say he is a target of an ongoing vote fraud inquiry. He also is accused in a separate indictment of income tax evasion.

The investigation became public last year when more than a dozen subpoenas were delivered to city Democratic Party leaders after the November election.

According to one of Ellis' indictments, the investigation began at least a month earlier. A female witness told agents on Oct. 5 that Ellis, "had committed election fraud and other potential criminal offenses." Ellis learned the same day of the substance of what she had said, the indictment states.

In the following days, Ellis spoke repeatedly with an unidentified person, first discussing plans to discredit the witness, perhaps through a bogus drug sting, court documents say. The indictment includes excerpts of what appear to be recordings of these conversations between Ellis and the other person.

"I want her credibility destroyed," Ellis is reported to have said. She is "trying to destroy us. No telling what she's saying."

As the weeks passed, the conversations turned more sinister, with Ellis saying on Nov. 19, "I want her ... taken out, however we have to do it."

Ellis was convicted in 1990 of extortion. He had been an executive assistant to Mayor Carl E. Officer, officials said, when Ellis stopped work on a nursing home project until its builder steered work to a company Ellis controlled. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 21 months.

The fraud investigations were first reported in the Post Dispatch in early January...

The investigation is limited to 13 absentee votes that were cast from a boardinghouse in East St. Louis. The federal government has declined to talk about its case, but a search warrant issued during an FBI raid at East St. Louis City Hall on Nov. 23 indicates that the reach is much greater. Oliver Hamilton, a Democratic precinct committeeman, owns the boardinghouse, at 1232 Cleveland Avenue, targeted by the investigation.

"This is a wake-up call for East St. Louis," said juror LaMont Reed Jr. of East St. Louis. "I've seen this corruption all my life."

The defendants were found guilty on all counts following a four-week trial in U.S. District Court in East St. Louis.

Four of the defendants -- Jessie Lewis, Sheila Thomas, Yvette Johnson and former city official Kelvin Ellis -- were found guilty of conspiracy to commit election fraud and election fraud. All worked for the Democratic Party during the election last November.

Democratic Party boss and former City Councilman Charlie Powell was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit election fraud.

The five were charged with paying voters up to $10 a vote to vote for Democratic candidates during the Nov. 2 general election.

The jury deliberated about five and a half hours before returning the verdicts.

The Federal Court Trial started on June 1, 2005 on the 5 East St. Louis Democrats accused of voter fraud. The East St. Louis Democratic Party was given $67,000 before the November 2nd election to "Get Out the Vote!"

More on the verdict here and here.

This is how the prosecution left the jurors yesterday in the East Louis Voter Fraud Trial.

In closing arguments on Tuesday, the prosecution again went over the evidence presented during the trial including the taped recordings by the federal witnesses and East St. Louis Democratic election workers:

Carr replayed many of the audiotapes the jury had previously heard of conversations Youngblood and McIntosh had with the defendants. Carr used the tapes to support his theory the five defendants conspired to buy votes for $5 and $10 apiece to elect Democrat Mark Kern the St. Clair County Board chairman in the Nov. 2 election.

"But there was a perception in East St. Louis he was racist," said Carr, adding this had upped the price for bringing voters to the polls on Election Day.

Which explains why the St. Clair County Democratic Central Committee sent $79,000 to East St. Louis Democratic precinct committeemen just before the election, Carr said.

"To make sure Mr. Kern was elected -- that's what this conspiracy was about," Carr said. "This was business as usual in East St. Louis on election day."

Kern, the former mayor of Belleville, narrowly won the race for County Board chairman, thanks to winning more than 82 percent of the vote in East St. Louis.

Kern, who has not been charged with a crime, has denied any wrongdoing.

Previous posts on the Democratic Voter Fraud Trial in East St. Louis:
East St. Louis makes Voter Fraud a Business
$5 for Non-Racists; Racists are $10
ESL Prosecution Witness Falters
Damning Tapes in East St. Louis Voter Fraud Trial
Witness Grilled at ESL Vote Fraud Trial
How to Buy Votes at ESL Vote Fraud Trial
"Showing Appreciation" at ESL Voter Fraud Trial
Democratic Vote Buyers May Get Pass
ESL Vote Fraud Trial Gets Nasty
Ugly Politics, Ugly Trial in ESL
Closing Arguments Wrap Up in ESL Voter Fraud Trial

jillian said:

The issue I have is that, just because the Republicans (i.e. Bush) won the election, someone like Hillary Clinton has to imply fraud. There is a thing called "popular mandate", the Democrats lost because they had Mr. Flip Flop for a candidate. They made a lot of mistakes.. that's why they lost the election.

Whatever happened to the Washington Governor fraud case of 04? I mean recounts that gradually get closer and closer to a democrat win then when she does win after the 5th recount you stop counting? On top of that you had reports of about 50,000 dead people voting. :cuckoo:

Never found out what happened there. Maybe ill go look.

KarlMarx said:
The issue I have is that, just because the Republicans (i.e. Bush) won the election, someone like Hillary Clinton has to imply fraud. There is a thing called "popular mandate", the Democrats lost because they had Mr. Flip Flop for a candidate. They made a lot of mistakes.. that's why they lost the election.

There are a lot of names I could call your guy, too. I figure it's not very condusive to debate, though.

As for "popular mandate" more people voted for Bush and against him than for any other president in history. Speaks to his divisiveness.

But my point was that before you chalk it up to "flip flops" or any of that, you should read the article instead of reading what someone else tells you it's about.

And yes, the dems made a lot of mistakes, allowing Donna Brazile to run Kerry's campaign when she blew Gore's was the biggest one.

Wanna talk flip flops, though? Try this one:

"I want Osama Dead or Alive"
vs
"I don't spend much time thinking about him"

Dr Grump said:
I find the flip-flop issue weird/funny. People seem to concentrate on the flip-flop as to the whys....

I find it kind of strange, too. Most people adapt their pov to changing circumstances. "Staying the course" is not a positive attribute when change is required.

jillian said:
I find it kind of strange, too. Most people adapt their pov to changing circumstances. "Staying the course" is not a positive attribute when change is required.

Stay the course means--Continue to fight terrorism. You can stay the course in numerous ways.

jillian said:
There are a lot of names I could call your guy, too. I figure it's not very condusive to debate, though.

As for "popular mandate" more people voted for Bush and against him than for any other president in history. Speaks to his divisiveness.

But my point was that before you chalk it up to "flip flops" or any of that, you should read the article instead of reading what someone else tells you it's about.

And yes, the dems made a lot of mistakes, allowing Donna Brazile to run Kerry's campaign when she blew Gore's was the biggest one.

vs
The problem is that's all we've heard for the past 6 years.... Bush this, Bush that, Bush, Bush, Bush, then when it's not Bush, it's Cheney, or Haliburton, or the Lord knows what next... Bush won both elections fair and square and you know it, too.

As for Bush's policy on terror.... he's been pretty resolute. I don't see a flip-flop on that issue. He's gone after terrorists, and he's making tremendous strides. Al-Zarqawi is just the latest success. Al Qaeda is fighting a battle that they know they are losing as the material found on Al Zarqawi's body indicates. Al Qaeda hasn't attacked the US or Americans since 9/11.

One thing that turns people off to Democrats is that they don't seem to have a plan for anything except for blaming Republicans. It seems their game plan is "if only we were back in power, then things would be different...." except they don't say how.

The thing that turns many of us off to the Republicans is that they're acting like Democrats... especially in their spending habits, their stance on illegals, their willingness to compromise on the Senate filibustering rule.

And finally, another thing that irks me is that Hillary Clinton and her husband broke the law, got away with it and now have half the country making excuses for them. I'd like to know how they got so lucky or else how everyone got so dumb. Especially reporters from the local paper that just fawn over her as if she were a Hollywood movie star...

jillian said:

vs

It speaks to the division that already existed in the country

Blame blame blame:blah2:

Then we have this examle of Dems commiting crimes on election day in an attempt to prevent Republicans from voting............

4 get jail in election day tire slashing
Judge says probation doesn't atone for crime
By MEG JONES
[email protected]
Posted: April 26, 2006
Tossing aside a plea agreement that called for probation, Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Michael B. Brennan sentenced four Democratic Party workers to jail Wednesday for slashing tires on 25 vans rented by Republicans to take voters to polls for the 2004 presidential election.
Calling the vandalism more than harmless hijinks, Brennan admonished the men, including the sons of two prominent Milwaukee politicians, for disenfranchising voters. The judge said he had received letters from county residents upset over the crime.

"They see you tampering with something they consider sacred, and that's the ballot box," Brennan said during a two-hour sentencing.

Michael Pratt, 33, and Lewis Caldwell, 30, were sentenced to six months in jail, while Lavelle Mohammad, 36, got five months and Sowande Omokunde, 26, got four months. Each was also fined $1,000. They have two weeks to report to jail and will be eligible for work release.

Pratt is the son of former Acting Mayor Marvin Pratt, and Omokunde is the son of U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.).

Because repairs and towing for the damaged vans had exceeded $2,500, the defendants were charged with felony property damage. As the jury in their nationally covered January trial appeared deadlocked, the four defendants agreed to plead no contest to misdemeanor property damage charges. A fifth Kerry-Edwards staffer charged in the case, Justin Howell, 21, turned down the last-minute deal and was acquitted by the jury.

At the time of the pleas, Assistant District Attorney David Feiss said that if the defendants collectively paid $5,317.45 restitution by their sentencing Wednesday - which they did - he would recommend they all get probation. Misdemeanor property damage carries a possible maximum penalty of nine months in jail and a $10,000 fine.

But Brennan said stiffer punishment was needed.

"This case has to be an example of what happens if you interfere in voters' rights," Brennan said.

Outside the courtroom, Marvin Pratt shook his head and mentioned the three fired Milwaukee police officers recently acquitted in the Frank Jude Jr. beating.

"Isn't it funny - in the city of Milwaukee, you can beat a man half to death and get exonerated, and here you've got four men who committed a property crime" sentenced to jail, Pratt said.

Moore said she was not surprised by the sentence but didn't elaborate. "I love my son very much, and I'm proud of him," Moore said. "He's very remorseful, and he's taken responsibility."

Brennan gave Michael Pratt and Caldwell longer terms because they have prior criminal convictions. Pratt was convicted in 1996 in a hazing incident while he was a college student, and Caldwell was convicted of causing injury by drunken driving. Omokunde received the lightest punishment, Brennan said, because of his remorseful remarks during sentencing.

Omokunde, a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee senior majoring in political science, told the judge that the 2004 presidential election sharply divided America but that no matter how divisive the election, no one had the right to commit vandalism.

"As a child, I was taught honesty by my family and by my teachers. Your honor, I crossed the line," Omokunde said, as his mother watched from the courtroom gallery.

Before Brennan sentenced the defendants, Rick Wiley, executive director of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, told the judge that the crime warranted more than probation. "I think it's kind of a travesty that the defendants here can kind of go on their merry way."

After listening to Brennan sentence the men, Wiley smiled and said, "I think the judge did a great job. I think it's going to deter people in the future" from campaign vandalism.

At the sentencing hearing, defense attorneys and family members described the defendants as good men who made a mistake.

"What appears to have happened was a prank, a silly prank that went too far," said Rodney Cubbie, Pratt's attorney. "This case only got the attention it got because of the parents of some of the defendants."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/?id=418855

jillian said:

vs

How is that a "flip-flop"? I too would like to see Osama brought in Dead or Alive. Doesn't mean I spend all day thinking about it. Why would that be any different for the Prez? :huh:

Just because he doesn't spend all day "thinking about it", that somehow means he wouldn't like to see him captured?

theHawk said:
How is that a "flip-flop"? I too would like to see Osama brought in Dead or Alive. Doesn't mean I spend all day thinking about it. Why would that be any different for the Prez? :huh:

Just because he doesn't spend all day "thinking about it", that somehow means he wouldn't like to see him captured?

Don't you remember the context? It was in response to a question about why we haven't caught him yet. It showed a total and complete change of course.

What DIDN'T show a total and complete change of course was someone agreeing to spend 87 Billion Dollars of our income IF it wasn't paid for AFTER giving a TAX CUT.

But that might have been too complex for folk who thought "major combat operations in Iraq ... ended" when only 15 were dead yet don't question the fact that about 2,500 people have died since.

Major combat operations did end in Iraq, I'm guessing you have no idea what the term means though. My guess is you were never in the military?
Pres. Bush of all people have stated time and time again since the begining (9/11) that this will be a long, long war. But you libs never listen --->:lalala:

Pssst, if your still confused, here is a hint: Major combat operations does not mean 'war'.

jillian said:
Don't you remember the context? It was in response to a question about why we haven't caught him yet. It showed a total and complete change of course.

What DIDN'T show a total and complete change of course was someone agreeing to spend 87 Billion Dollars of our income IF it wasn't paid for AFTER giving a TAX CUT.

But that might have been too complex for folk who thought "major combat operations in Iraq ... ended" when only 15 were dead yet don't question the fact that about 2,500 people have died since.

It is readily apparent that you, like almost all "cut and run" liberals, have no real conception of the nature of the conflict in which we are engaged. Osama Bin Laden is an individual. Militant Islam is a global problem. Bin Laden is but a single individual that took advantage of a growing movement in Islam. The problem is within Islam itself. Ridding the world of Bin Laden will NOT change much of anything. Geeez the simple nature of the liberal mind thwarts rational argument.

jillian said:

Actually, no it doesn't show a total and complete change of course.

We went to Iraq to overthrow Saddam Hussein, because we had very good reasons to believe that he had WMDs. Furthermore, Saddam was a destabilizing influence in the Middle East. We overthrew Saddam, we instituted democracy, we have been decimating the "insurgents", which is just double speak for terrorists who would otherwise be blowing up skyscrapers or blowing up commuter trains. Most of the insurgents are not Iraqis but Moslems from other countries. It isn't the Iraqis that don't want us there, it's the Osama Bin Ladens.

I remember distinctly that Bush said that we were going to be there a long while. The peace process was going to be tougher than the war. He was right. The terrorists based their entire strategy on us cutting and running, we haven't. Now they are spending resources fighting a war they can't win. They are out manned, out armed, eventually the fighting in Iraq will stop simply because the terrorists will die out or the desire to fight the Americans will.

Forum List

Back