She's A Real Maverick From the Current Party

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Bull crap.

Did you see last night how Sarah Palin fired up the conservative crowd at the Republican convention? Did you notice that she was poised, strong and clear?

It was no coincidence. While many are mocking the "Mayor of What?" who became governor and now VP pick, we here at Progressive Majority understand Sarah Palin's rise to power - and why the right wing has responded to her so well.

Sarah Palin is a GOPAC graduate.

GOPAC is the leading candidate recruitment and training operation for the conservative right - and our direct competitor when it comes to who controls government.

GOPAC was founded in 1978 by conservatives who knew they were going to have to work outside the Republican Party to take it over. They knew they would have to recruit their own kind to run to wrest control of government from the Democrats. They knew they needed a long-term plan to build their "farm team".

They went to work and Newt Gingrich took over the organization in the 1980s. You see, Gingrich wasn't satisfied with the election of Ronald Reagan. He wanted to see conservatives in control at the local, state AND national levels - even if it took a generation. Under Gingrich's leadership, GOPAC stepped up its candidate recruitment efforts, sought out "movement conservatives" and taught them how to run campaigns and talk about issues in a way that galvanized the far right base while not completely alienating moderate voters.

Today, GOPAC is the sixth largest national political organization in the country

maria • maria: GOPAC: Connecting the Dots Between Palin and Gingrich

She and McBain will be more of the same. Change my butt.

If you have a bunch of mavericks, are they mavericks anymore?

I got the same damn letter today from MoveON.org. they are coming to town tomorrow and invited me over. I might just mole myself right on over there and see what they are up to. I will get back first with the latest dirt to dish on Palin..

you guys are creepy people.:badgrin:

I got the same damn letter today from MoveON.org. they are coming to town tomorrow and invited me over. I might just mole myself right on over there and see what they are up to. I will get back first with the latest dirt to dish on Palin..

you guys are creepy people.:badgrin:

oooooooo go--bring us the scoop. I ran into them in Crawford :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back