Sherrod's going to Sue Breitbart...

you just going to run around trolling?

Trolling? Please define that for me since I have heard plenty of definitions. I assure you I am no troll.

or do you have something to counter jonathan turley?

I thought I made that pretty clear. For the slow classmates:

If Breitbart's emails and communications that show an agenda behind his media endeavors are damning then perhaps Ezra Klein is at risk also.

you know, given that your legal expertise must at least equal his if you're so smug.

Ah.

Are only credentialed attorneys with expertise that you consider relevant allowed to comment on this? What are your credentials?

Last edited:

Trolling? Please define that for me since I have heard plenty of definitions. I assure you I am no troll.

or do you have something to counter jonathan turley?

If Breitbart's emails and communications that show an agenda behind his media endeavors are damning then perhaps Ezra Klein is at risk also.

you know, given that your legal expertise must at least equal his if you're so smug.

Ah.

Are only credentialed attorneys with expertise that you consider relevant allowed to comment on this? What are your credentials?

i didn't say that, actually. but you should have some knowledge. spewing about ezra klein doesn't quite do it.

aside from the fact that we're talking about a wingnut shill who thinks its ok to edit tapes to make them false, please tell us where Ezra Klein has doctored tape to make a point. hence my response about having something to counter jonathan turley with.

Last edited:
The Left should reconsider if they really want a precedent set for punative damages if someone decides that a video clip from a longer event is not flattering.

you know, you would think someone who is a laywer, they wouldn't go around SPEWING lies.

and would be a DEFENDER of our Freedoms of Speech instead of trying hard to have them shut down.

Ah.

i didn't say that, actually. but you should have some knowledge. spewing about ezra klein doesn't quite do it.

aside from the fact that we're talking about a wingnut shill who thinks its ok to edit tapes to make them false, please tell us where Ezra Klein has doctored tape to make a point. hence my response about having something to counter jonathan turley with.

I didn't spew. I made a comment about a strategic (and theoretical) legal maneuver that might bite someone else in the ass.

As to doctoring tapes, well NBC already did that. No successful lawsuit. CBS doctored memos, no successful lawsuit. If Ms. Sherrod is successful using Mr. Turley's strategy, Ezra Klein is toast, IMO.

Last edited:
Defamation of character isn't freedom of speech. Jeesh, you people are stupid.

It's not defamation to post or quote somebody's verbatim statements.

you know, you would think someone who is a laywer, they wouldn't go around SPEWING lies.

and would be a DEFENDER of our Freedoms of Speech instead of trying hard to have them shut down.

someone needs to do a little research on the first amendment..

Lets let a jury decide. Its not just the outtake of what she said but the context it was put in. She was defined as a racist and the clip was presented to make the case she was a racist

The jury can also look at intent and whether he intended to inflict harm on her. Damages could get nasty here

Lets let a jury decide. Its not just the outtake of what she said but the context it was put in. She was defined as a racist and the clip was presented to make the case she was a racist

The jury can also look at intent and whether he intended to inflict harm on her. Damages could get nasty here

Perhaps.

However wouldn't actual harm have to be proven first?

Yep...I wonder if he'll share a cell with his pimp? Oh, whoops...this is only a civil case. :lol:

Perhaps.

However wouldn't actual harm have to be proven first?

I am sure they could prove the media going after trying to ruin her name, harmed her.

Then she'd better be prepared for the same treatment in return. She is on record of accusing Fox News and the GOP of being RACIST without any proof.

Forum List

Back