sherrif joe's knockin at the door...

I live in Maricopa County they have paid out tens of millions of dollars to settle lawsuits over deaths and injuries of of people awaiting trails, ie not convicted of a crime.

Well I would call forcing non-violent people accused of a crime but not tried to endure 120 degree heat - cruel and unusual punishment...

A lot of those people don't deserve Joes bullshit...

You can't punish a person before they've been convicted, and his method of punishment is certainly questionable.
he's an elected county sheriff ...if they don't like him vote him out !!

I agree but the Bill of Rights is being violated, more specifically the Eighth Amendment..

As a libertarian that is just unacceptable....

Keeping people in 120 degrees who haven't been convicted of a crime violates the Bill of Rights..

Really? What temperature is specified in the Bill of Rights?

And what of the hard working, non-criminal guy that just can't afford an air conditioner? Are his rights being violated when it gets hot in the summertime? Is AC a Constitutional right in your mind?

Are you being held there against your will?

Moron.

Keeping people in 120 degrees who haven't been convicted of a crime violates the Bill of Rights..

And what of the hard working, non-criminal guy that just can't afford an air conditioner? Are his rights being violated when it gets hot in the summertime? Is AC a Constitutional right in your mind?

That level of heat can kill people..............

It's cruel and unusual punishment and the majority of those people in tent city have not been convicted of a crime...

American citizens being held for possessing an 8th of pot should not be subject to that kind of environment.

You want to put convicted rapists and murderers out there - fine.... But minor crimes???

No, the rapists and murderers get the nice airconditioned cells while the minor offenders get to fry in the sun...

As a Classical Liberal, I completely agree with you that people should not be held for possessing cannabis. I would say that most "minor" offenders should be offenders at all. However, the issue of 120 degree heat being "cruel and unusual" is a different matter and one about which I disagree. Jail is supposed to suck and as you've pointed out, few would care if it were only REAL criminals being subject to the tents and the heat.

America also loves watching idiots make fools of themselves over and over. You're right, it's not over just because liberals say so; it's over because Obama busted out the long form BC and used it to bitch-slap Orly, The Donald, World Net Daily and all of the other ass-hats who are too fucking stupid know that they're stupid.

images

Did you notice his first link is from World Net Daily? LOL

Sherrif Joe will be as successful as Orly Tait but here is the difference...it will cost our state money. I know he got volunteers to "investigate" but he and his people are running this.

How much will this waste of time cost us?

Sounds like a good campaign commercial.

Exactly.

Moron.

No, but I haven't broken a law. Of course, it would take someone above moron to figure that out.

There are morons that took the short bus to school and then there are those that we'd see licking the windows on that short bus. You are a window licker. Good luck with that.

It's cruel and unusual punishment and the majority of those people in tent city have not been convicted of a crime...

American citizens being held for possessing an 8th of pot should not be subject to that kind of environment.

You want to put convicted rapists and murderers out there - fine.... But minor crimes???

No, the rapists and murderers get the nice airconditioned cells while the minor offenders get to fry in the sun...

As a Classical Liberal, I completely agree with you that people should not be held for possessing cannabis. I would say that most "minor" offenders should be offenders at all. However, the issue of 120 degree heat being "cruel and unusual" is a different matter and one about which I disagree. Jail is supposed to suck and as you've pointed out, few would care if it were only REAL criminals being subject to the tents and the heat.

Most of these people are not convicted of anything...in other words, they can spend months in tent city only to find out they are not guilty. They are poor and cannot afford bail. That is why this is being allowed to happen here. Who is going to stick up for them. We are not "safe" due to tent city. It is designed to get Joe's name in the news. That fat fuck..My dream is to be him finally getting caught and going to prison himself.

But you cant hold those accused of a crime in an environment like that...

I would love to know how many died of heat stroke in those tents....

1995 Chicago heat wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember that^^, I'll never forget it. The hottest it got was 105...

120 can kill a man....

Moron.

No, but I haven't broken a law. Of course, it would take someone above moron to figure that out.

There are morons that took the short bus to school and then there are those that we'd see licking the windows on that short bus. You are a window licker. Good luck with that.

Then you should surely see that you made a non sequitur.

When people are in the state's custody, the state has an obligation to not subject them to cruel and inhumane punishment. The guy who can't afford air conditioning is a free man. He can go get an extra job, a box fan, or a spot under an oak tree. None of those are an option to Arpiao. As noted, the county has paid through the nose in wrongful death suits due to his absurd stunts.

So, perhaps you shouldn't be so cavalier about your days on the short bus while making total logical fallacies.

Last edited:

Most of these people are not convicted of anything...in other words, they can spend months in tent city only to find out they are not guilty. They are poor and cannot afford bail. That is why this is being allowed to happen here. Who is going to stick up for them. We are not "safe" due to tent city. It is designed to get Joe's name in the news. That fat fuck..My dream is to be him finally getting caught and going to prison himself.

Even if you are convicted, but have cash:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- DUI and other non-violent offenders in Arizona now have a choice of where they get locked up for a couple of days -- Tent City or the Scottsdale Jail.

Under a six-month pilot program that began Tuesday, inmates can choose Scottsdale -- for a price.

"There's six beds at Via Linda Facility used for Scottsdale City Court," said Scottsdale Police Sgt. Mark Clark. "People come spend two days here in jail and the pilot program would expand that to any jurisdiction statewide as long as it's approved by the court. Has to be non-violent offenders, can't be anyone with special needs or medical needs. We're not adding any more resources. We're offsetting existing costs to run the jail."

"We are having a lot of interest from defense attorneys," he said, adding the Valley's hot summers might make Scottsdale more attractive.

"If you're talking about an outside facility during the summer months, then we do expect to be a little more popular.

Scottsdale will charge about $200 a night, the money going to help with the city's projected $20 million budget shortfall.

Tent City costs inmates $189 the first day, about $80 the second.

Headed to jail? Tent City or Scottsdale? - KTAR.com

But you cant hold those accused of a crime in an environment like that...

I would love to know how many died of heat stroke in those tents....

1995 Chicago heat wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember that^^, I'll never forget it. The hottest it got was 105...

120 can kill a man....

I concede you make a fair point. If the heat is really killing people awaiting trail, that isn't right or lawful.

I hate that guy.....

It's one thing to be tough on convicted "criminals" and its another to humiliate those awaiting trial...

Not that fair trials are handed out anyways...

I live in Maricopa County they have paid out tens of millions of dollars to settle lawsuits over deaths and injuries of of people awaiting trails, ie not convicted of a crime.

I really wish people outside of this state would really look into what this guy is all about. I love when someone from a different state blindly says ...I like him, he is tough.

Uh, no he is not He is a media whore who plays to the camera daily and will do anything..ANYTHING to get ink. From his "Chain gangs" to his pink underwear, as long as you say his name, he wins.

He is sickening.

obama was elected, he's sickening... looking at you sig line, you are too.

Well I would call forcing non-violent people accused of a crime but not tried to endure 120 degree heat - cruel and unusual punishment...

A lot of those people don't deserve Joes bullshit...

You can't punish a person before they've been convicted, and his method of punishment is certainly questionable.

He charges them for green bologna as well. He is proud of this shit. They are not convicted of anything other than not being able to afford bail.

you guys talk like there is no oversite for this secret gulag. everyone is entitled to the same due process irrespective of the temperature. he's elected, not a dictator. if he has committed crimes he should be charged... i'm glad he's looking into the obama scandals...

By the way Donalt Trump, how are your investigations in Hawaii coming along? Remember when he said his people went there and "you wont believe what they found". Well, he is right there....we didnt believe it.

Damn burfers just wont get it. Ever.

he might be part of the scam, i don't trust him... corsi doen't trust him either.

America also loves watching idiots make fools of themselves over and over. You're right, it's not over just because liberals say so; it's over because Obama busted out the long form BC and used it to bitch-slap Orly, The Donald, World Net Daily and all of the other ass-hats who are too fucking stupid know that they're stupid.

images

Did you notice his first link is from World Net Daily? LOL

Sherrif Joe will be as successful as Orly Tait but here is the difference...it will cost our state money. I know he got volunteers to "investigate" but he and his people are running this.

How much will this waste of time cost us?

Sounds like a good campaign commercial.

orly's meeting with congress, didn't you hear ??

I hate that guy.....

It's one thing to be tough on convicted "criminals" and its another to humiliate those awaiting trial...

So you know about tent city. Its designed to humiliate and torture (ever been here during our summers?) those who cant afford bail. In other words, the poor are the only ones he is being "tough" on. He sucks ass here but yet, the ignorant (and I mean that literally) keep voting this fossil in because they feel safer from the poor.

If these same poor people did not do the crime they wouldn't have to do the time!! :cuckoo:

I hate that guy.....

So you know about tent city. Its designed to humiliate and torture (ever been here during our summers?) those who cant afford bail. In other words, the poor are the only ones he is being "tough" on. He sucks ass here but yet, the ignorant (and I mean that literally) keep voting this fossil in because they feel safer from the poor.

If these same poor people did not do the crime they wouldn't have to do the time!! :cuckoo:

MOST OF THEM ARE NOT CONVICTED OF ANYTHING. They are awaiting trial to see if they are guilty of anything. Do you not understand this? Please wrap your mind around this...if they cant afford bail, they HAVE to stay there. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Forum List

Back