Sheriff's Office offers Baptism to Inmates

Title of the thread is what stood out. Looking into it, there's many news items about some jailer somewhere here, or in the UK doing this. But they all use outside clergy. This title though sounded like it was the Sherriff themself offering it which would be what's unlawful.

The title of the news article is:

Bradley Co. Sheriff's Office offers inmates chance to be baptized.

I left off the name of the Sheriff's office (Bradley County) and the words - chance to be. As the title is in the OP, Delta, it is possible that you didn't consider their offering the inmates a chance to be baptized did not mean they were the ones baptizing them. Your assumed something which was not true. Clearly the people baptizing these inmates were the two Reverends. Thank you for your interest in the story.

Now you are arguing with yourself, not me. Your argument is that the logic of your argument is reality. How can it be, if you can't prove it in the real world. You don't have the tools of proof.

No, again you are wrong. My argument is not that the logic of my argument is a reality.

Let me put it this way.

If you fill your mind with irrational garbage you will become an irrational creature incapable of thinking rationally.

The deplorable condition of your mind and your inability to even grasp the concept is proof of the truth in the above statement.

I know some very godly police officers who love the LORD with their whole heart and when they go home at night? They are praying for these guys! We have some wonderful law enforcement in our country and we need to be down on our knees and thanking God for them! That's the truth!

Having people in law enforcement who profess irrational, paranoid and delusional beliefs as fucked up as yours running around with guns and badges baptizing prisoners and believing that those who do not swallow your born again trinity worshipping bullshit is the spawn of satan and destined for hell is extremely bad news.

Its like giving people in an insane asylum guns, telling them they are heroes, and then letting out to run amok, to clean up the streets in the name of the Lord of course.
Yet you irrationally believe in nothing. How about that. Jere and you are the flip sides of the same irrational coin: theists and atheists.

Not exactly. I read the bible. The consequences for idolatry is death. I look around and see with my own eyes people who openly defy the laws of God die in the very day that they do it. The fact that the police do not even have an inkling that baptizing prisoners in the name of a trinity that became a man amounts to murder in the eyes of God clearly shows that they have their reward already..

I'm a believer.

According the Bible a believer is one who has believed on Jesus Christ for their salvation. We believe that he died on the cross for our sins and God raised him from the dead on the third day. You do not believe yet that Jesus Christ is God, Hobelim. So according to Scripture you haven't become a believer yet. But I am praying that you do! I believe you will become a believer.

I will never believe in what is patently false and what could never be true, that God became a human being.

You are praying that I would set aside the divine commands and worship Jesus as if he was a part of a trinity that is not God?

What a gal!

According to scripture the consequence for defying the divine commands is death.

You might want to take a moment out of your busy day searching for murder victims to consider that the fact that you do not even have an inkling that your mortal sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field is evidence that you have your reward already.

Now you are arguing with yourself, not me. Your argument is that the logic of your argument is reality. How can it be, if you can't prove it in the real world. You don't have the tools of proof.
No, again you are wrong. My argument is not that the logic of my argument is a reality. Let me put it this way. If you fill your mind with irrational garbage you will become an irrational creature incapable of thinking rationally. The deplorable condition of your mind and your inability to even grasp the concept is proof of the truth in the above statement.
Your logic of your argument is not reality, because you cannot prove it. Thus, you are a believer, surely as any theist.

Baptism by water is only half a baptism
Mormons seem to think so. If I remember right, you believe in a singular priesthood having the only power to operate in the Name of God.

You miss the point. Without the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost a baptism is only half complete. Baptism is performed to prepare the recipient for that precious gift. Without it the baptism is meaningless.
According to Mormons. OK.

According to the scriptures you need to born of water and the spirit.

When Paul met disciples who had believed and been baptized and heard nothing of the Holy Ghost, he rebaptized them and gave them the gift of the Holy Ghost.

When Samaria received the word of God and were baptized they sent for the apostles to come and lay on hands and give the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Lord is a God of order. That's why we have ordinances. The doctrine of Christ is faith in Jesus Christ, repentance from sin, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Among a few more key principles such as resurrection and judgment.

May as well baptize a bag of flour as a man without the laying on of hands. It's as useful.

No, again you are wrong. My argument is not that the logic of my argument is a reality.

Let me put it this way.

If you fill your mind with irrational garbage you will become an irrational creature incapable of thinking rationally.

The deplorable condition of your mind and your inability to even grasp the concept is proof of the truth in the above statement.

Hobelim, it is no secret that you despise Jesus Christ and His Word. You should consider the fact that my mind is just fine and that it is your mind that has become deplorable because you have permitted all manner of filth, occult teaching, false doctrines to dwell there when it was never the intention of God for you to do such a thing. You are lost. Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Christ is God. The Bible Scriptures confirm who He is and all of your rantings to the contrary (including your personal attacks against His servants) will never change the truth. Jesus Christ is Lord. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Including your, Hobelim. Including yours.

Mormons seem to think so. If I remember right, you believe in a singular priesthood having the only power to operate in the Name of God.

You miss the point. Without the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost a baptism is only half complete. Baptism is performed to prepare the recipient for that precious gift. Without it the baptism is meaningless.

When Paul met disciples who had believed and been baptized and heard nothing of the Holy Ghost, he rebaptized them and gave them the gift of the Holy Ghost.

When Samaria received the word of God and were baptized they sent for the apostles to come and lay on hands and give the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Lord is a God of order. That's why we have ordinances. The doctrine of Christ is faith in Jesus Christ, repentance from sin, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Among a few more key principles such as resurrection and judgment.

May as well baptize a bag of flour as a man without the laying on of hands. It's as useful.

I know what the Scriptures in the King James Bible teach, Avatar but as you are a Mormon that believes the teachings of Joseph Smith you do not understand what being baptized by the Holy Spirit is. You are going by what you've heard. Not by the Holy Spirit who is the author and the revelator of the Scriptures. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just pointing out that as a Mormon you are not saved and do not know what you are talking about concerning this subject. The reason that you refuse to say that Jesus Christ is God is because you do not believe Jesus Christ is God. You do not know Jesus Christ as God (yet) and therein you are not able to make that confession from your heart. Again - when you are saved you will be able to say Jesus Christ is God and know that it is true. In that day you'll be able to renounce Joseph Smith and call him a false prophet (which he was) and leave the Mormon religion behind for ever.

Returning to the OP - I find it refreshing that the story is reporting the truth about our law enforcement rather than stories that are fabricated and intentionally slanted in order to make them appear like the bad guy. Americans can be very grateful for the police / law enforcement we have. We're a blessed people.

Last edited:

I know what the Scriptures in the King James Bible teach, Avatar but as you are a Mormon that believes the teachings of Joseph Smith you do not understand what being baptized by the Holy Spirit is. You are going by what you've heard. Not by the Holy Spirit who is the author and the revelator of the Scriptures. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just pointing out that as a Mormon you are not saved and do not know what you are talking about concerning this subject. The reason that you refuse to say that Jesus Christ is God is because you do not believe Jesus Christ is God. You do not know Jesus Christ as God (yet) and therein you are not able to make that confession from your heart. Again - when you are saved you will be able to say Jesus Christ is God and know that it is true. In that day you'll be able to renounce Joseph Smith and call him a false prophet (which he was) and leave the Mormon religion behind for ever.

Returning to the OP - I find it refreshing that the story is reporting the truth about our law enforcement rather than stories that are fabricated and intentionally slanted in order to make them appear like the bad guy. Americans can be very grateful for the police / law enforcement we have. We're a blessed people.

I'm surprised to find out how many things you say I don't k ow that I do.

Have you received the laying on of hands Jeremiah?

Avatar, I am going by what you've written on USMB in the past. Let's get back on topic to the discussion of the sheriff and police who see the importance of giving these inmates a fresh start and a new life in Jesus Christ. These men and women are providing Christian ministers to come and do these baptisms. It is a wonderful idea and I applaud these law enforcement people who are doing the right thing. God bless them!

images

According to pentecostals, OK.

images

Hobelim, it is no secret that you despise Jesus Christ and His Word. You should consider the fact that my mind is just fine and that it is your mind that has become deplorable because you have permitted all manner of filth, occult teaching, false doctrines to dwell there when it was never the intention of God for you to do such a thing. You are lost. Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Christ is God. The Bible Scriptures confirm who He is and all of your rantings to the contrary (including your personal attacks against His servants) will never change the truth. Jesus Christ is Lord. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Including your, Hobelim. Including yours.

I just hope that you are equally supportive of Jails allowing inmates to practice other religions than Christianity. :thup:

images

That would be because we follow the bible and that's what the bible teaches.

images

Not hardly, as you well know.

I know some very godly police officers who love the LORD with their whole heart and when they go home at night? They are praying for these guys! We have some wonderful law enforcement in our country and we need to be down on our knees and thanking God for them! That's the truth!

Having people in law enforcement who profess irrational, paranoid and delusional beliefs as fucked up as yours running around with guns and badges baptizing prisoners and believing that those who do not swallow your born again trinity worshipping bullshit is the spawn of satan and destined for hell is extremely bad news.

Its like giving people in an insane asylum guns, telling them they are heroes, and then letting out to run amok, to clean up the streets in the name of the Lord of course.
Yet you irrationally believe in nothing. How about that. Jere and you are the flip sides of the same irrational coin: theists and atheists.

Not exactly. I read the bible. The consequences for idolatry is death. I look around and see with my own eyes people who openly defy the laws of God die in the very day that they do it. The fact that the police do not even have an inkling that baptizing prisoners in the name of a trinity that became a man amounts to murder in the eyes of God clearly shows that they have their reward already..

I'm a believer.

According the Bible a believer is one who has believed on Jesus Christ for their salvation. We believe that he died on the cross for our sins and God raised him from the dead on the third day. You do not believe yet that Jesus Christ is God, Hobelim. So according to Scripture you haven't become a believer yet. But I am praying that you do! I believe you will become a believer.

I will never believe in what is patently false and what could never be true, that God became a human being.

You are praying that I would set aside the divine commands and worship Jesus as if he was a part of a trinity that is not God?

What a gal!

According to scripture the consequence for defying the divine commands is death.

You might want to take a moment out of your busy day searching for murder victims to consider that the fact that you do not even have an inkling that your mortal sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field is evidence that you have your reward already.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among men. Who is the Word? Jesus Christ. Jesus is God. Read John Chapter 1, Hobelim.

I'm a believer.

What a gal!

See the Word of God, Hobelim? Who is the Word? Jesus Christ? Who is the Word? God. Jesus Christ is God.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

images

Joseph Smith's Mormon book is not the Bible, Avatar. It is a book of lies. Joseph Smith was a false prophet. You do not believe Jesus Christ is God because you need to be born again and depart from the Mormon religion. It is a cult and there is no salvation in it.

This takes the award for the dumbest thread of the day. :clap:

Yet here you are! Reading and posting, Huggy. I do not think there is anything dumb about honoring this Sheriff's department that chose to offer the chance to be baptized to their inmates. I believe it is wisdom to honor those who honor the LORD and do something for others. I am grateful for the police and sheriff departments throughout America. We are blessed to have them. If you lived in a 3rd world nation where corruption was everywhere - you'd start appreciating what American law enforcement does very quickly. They put their lives on the line for us every day. It is time for Americans to say thank you. To show our appreciation for them. You never miss something until it is gone. Be grateful for living in America, Huggy.

This takes the award for the dumbest thread of the day. :clap:

Yet here you are! Reading and posting, Huggy. I do not think there is anything dumb about honoring this Sheriff's department that chose to offer the chance to be baptized to their inmates. I believe it is wisdom to honor those who honor the LORD and do something for others. I am grateful for the police and sheriff departments throughout America. We are blessed to have them. If you lived in a 3rd world nation where corruption was everywhere - you'd start appreciating what American law enforcement does very quickly. They put their lives on the line for us every day. It is time for Americans to say thank you. To show our appreciation for them. You never miss something until it is gone. Be grateful for living in America, Huggy.

There you go...a typical christian equating America with the mumbo jumbo of your fantasy religion.

I'm MORE grateful that I live in a country where I can tell you how stupid this sheriff's department is.

Forum List

Back