Sheriff's Office offers Baptism to Inmates

I know some very godly police officers who love the LORD with their whole heart and when they go home at night? They are praying for these guys! We have some wonderful law enforcement in our country and we need to be down on our knees and thanking God for them! That's the truth!

Having people in law enforcement who profess irrational, paranoid and delusional beliefs as fucked up as yours running around with guns and badges baptizing prisoners and believing that those who do not swallow your born again trinity worshipping bullshit is the spawn of satan and destined for hell is extremely bad news.

Its like giving people in an insane asylum guns, telling them they are heroes, and then letting out to run amok, to clean up the streets in the name of the Lord of course.
Yet you irrationally believe in nothing. How about that. Jere and you are the flip sides of the same irrational coin: theists and atheists.

Not exactly. I read the bible. The consequences for idolatry is death. I look around and see with my own eyes people who openly defy the laws of God die in the very day that they do it. The fact that the police do not even have an inkling that baptizing prisoners in the name of a trinity that became a man amounts to murder in the eyes of God clearly shows that they have their reward already. I'm a believer.
So you believe in God every bit irrationally as Jere, because you cannot objectively prove what you believe. OK.

No, I see what I believe conform to reality and confirmed by reality every day.

What you 'believers' say and what you do and your collective inability to acknowledge even the smallest truth proves my every word..
Then the corollary is that what believers believe conforms to reality and is confirmed by reality every day.

You are not Kant, little buddy.

Having people in law enforcement who profess irrational, paranoid and delusional beliefs as fucked up as yours running around with guns and badges baptizing prisoners and believing that those who do not swallow your born again trinity worshipping bullshit is the spawn of satan and destined for hell is extremely bad news.

Its like giving people in an insane asylum guns, telling them they are heroes, and then letting out to run amok, to clean up the streets in the name of the Lord of course.
Yet you irrationally believe in nothing. How about that. Jere and you are the flip sides of the same irrational coin: theists and atheists.

Not exactly. I read the bible. The consequences for idolatry is death. I look around and see with my own eyes people who openly defy the laws of God die in the very day that they do it. The fact that the police do not even have an inkling that baptizing prisoners in the name of a trinity that became a man amounts to murder in the eyes of God clearly shows that they have their reward already. I'm a believer.
So you believe in God every bit irrationally as Jere, because you cannot objectively prove what you believe. OK.

What you 'believers' say and what you do and your collective inability to acknowledge even the smallest truth proves my every word..
Then the corollary is that what believers believe conforms to reality and is confirmed by reality every day.

No. The distinction is that what they claim to believe, that worshipping a trinity that became a man, is the way to salvation and eternal life is contradicted by the very words of the Bible which states the exact opposite.

Anyone can hear what they say and see what they do and compare it to what is actually written.

That is, unless they are not among the living.

What I have pointed out is confirmed by both scripture and actual reality that can be verified by anyone with the intelligence to tell the difference between a banquet and a pile of shit.....

Last edited:

No. The distinction is that what they claim to believe, that worshipping a trinity that became a man, is the way to salvation and eternal life is contradicted by the very words of the Bible which states the exact opposite. Anyone can hear what they say and see what they do and compare it to what is actually written. That is, unless they are not among the living.
According to you. I have read compelling arguments for the Trinity based on the Bible. I have read compelling arguments against the Trinity based on the Bible by the Mormons, who ignore the Book of Mormon, which is a Trinitarian tract itself. So you are arguing logic not reality.

No. The distinction is that what they claim to believe, that worshipping a trinity that became a man, is the way to salvation and eternal life is contradicted by the very words of the Bible which states the exact opposite. Anyone can hear what they say and see what they do and compare it to what is actually written. That is, unless they are not among the living.
According to you. I have read compelling arguments for the Trinity based on the Bible. I have read compelling arguments against the Trinity based on the Bible by the Mormons, who ignore the Book of Mormon, which is a Trinitarian tract itself. So you are arguing logic not reality.

No, not according to me, according to the very scriptures that you profess to believe is the word of God..

You are arguing with yourself which only further confirms my belief that what you believe in and are dedicated to is a lie that has rendered you lifeless.

With the news reports slandering our police officers repeatedly, carrying on about how bad police are, it is good to hear about the stories that rarely make the news. This story is about a Sheriff's office that has been offering their inmates water baptism - full submersion and provided a pool for them to be baptized in. I love this story! God bless this Sheriff's department! Truly most of our law enforcement are wonderful people and we should not be focusing on the 1% that misuse their authority. It's time to get things into perspective people!

8579018_G.jpg

Bradley Co. Sheriff's Office offers inmates chance to be baptized

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 7:31 PM EDTUpdated: Aug 15, 2015 7:31 PM EDT

BRADLEY COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -
Inmates at the Bradley County jail were baptized Saturday at their requests. 25 female inmates and 65 males were baptized in a small rubber pool filled with water in an activity room inside the jail. Sheriff Eric Watson said recently that the BCSO and jail supervisors would always make a way for inmate baptisms when requested. Rev. Gloria Murphy baptized the female participants and Rev. Cy Harris baptized the men.

Constitutionality of this will be interesting.

No, not according to me, according to the very scriptures that you profess to believe is the word of God. You are arguing with yourself which only further confirms my belief that what you believe in and are dedicated to is a lie that has rendered you lifeless.
Now you are arguing with yourself, not me. Your argument is that the logic of your argument is reality. How can it be, if you can't prove it in the real world. You don't have the tools of proof.

With the news reports slandering our police officers repeatedly, carrying on about how bad police are, it is good to hear about the stories that rarely make the news. This story is about a Sheriff's office that has been offering their inmates water baptism - full submersion and provided a pool for them to be baptized in. I love this story! God bless this Sheriff's department! Truly most of our law enforcement are wonderful people and we should not be focusing on the 1% that misuse their authority. It's time to get things into perspective people!

8579018_G.jpg

Inmates at the Bradley County jail were baptized Saturday at their requests. 25 female inmates and 65 males were baptized in a small rubber pool filled with water in an activity room inside the jail. Sheriff Eric Watson said recently that the BCSO and jail supervisors would always make a way for inmate baptisms when requested. Rev. Gloria Murphy baptized the female participants and Rev. Cy Harris baptized the men.
Provided that the facilities are open to all groups, including all religions, and that the officers and other staff are not on paid time, and that a fee is paid, the charitable work is constitutional. The second a satanic or wiccan or Native American religious group is denied, then the problems will come out.

I know some very godly police officers who love the LORD with their whole heart and when they go home at night? They are praying for these guys! We have some wonderful law enforcement in our country and we need to be down on our knees and thanking God for them! That's the truth!

Not exactly. I read the bible. The consequences for idolatry is death. I look around and see with my own eyes people who openly defy the laws of God die in the very day that they do it. The fact that the police do not even have an inkling that baptizing prisoners in the name of a trinity that became a man amounts to murder in the eyes of God clearly shows that they have their reward already..

I'm a believer.

According the Bible a believer is one who has believed on Jesus Christ for their salvation. We believe that he died on the cross for our sins and God raised him from the dead on the third day. You do not believe yet that Jesus Christ is God, Hobelim. So according to Scripture you haven't become a believer yet. But I am praying that you do! I believe you will become a believer.

8579018_G.jpg

Provided that the facilities are open to all groups, including all religions, and that the officers and other staff are not on paid time, and that a fee is paid, the charitable work is constitutional. The second a satanic or wiccan or Native American religious group is denied, then the problems will come out.

Baptism is mostly a Christian practice. Seems like respecting the establishment of religion to me. Just as you can't have religious icons on government property, I'd assume government employees can't be endorsing or exercising a religion at work. Actual clergy coming in for worship services is permitted, but you can't have the Sherriff's Department and deputies acting as clergy. ...Afaik.

8579018_G.jpg

Baptism is mostly a Christian practice. Seems like respecting the establishment of religion to me. Just as you can't have religious icons on government property, I'd assume government employees can't be endorsing or exercising a religion at work. Actual clergy coming in for worship services is permitted, but you can't have the Sherriff's Department and deputies acting as clergy. ...Afaik.
In this setting, of course they can. Religious and spiritual and secular ministries all perform charitable work in jails and prisons. That is the right of the inmates, which the government has no compelling interest to block, any more than limiting or stopping religious services in our armed forces.

8579018_G.jpg

If they are assisting in the

8579018_G.jpg

If you will read the article, Delta, you'll note that a Rev. Gloria Murphy baptized the women and a Rev. Cy Harris baptized the men.

8579018_G.jpg

8579018_G.jpg

If you will read the article, Delta, you'll note that a Rev. Gloria Murphy baptized the women and a Rev. Cy Harris baptized the men.

Saw uniformed officers in the pool. That is likely illegal if they're doing it. Bring in some church pastor though that's legal.

8579018_G.jpg

8579018_G.jpg

Saw uniformed officers in the pool. That is likely illegal if they're doing it. Bring in some church pastor though that's legal.
If they are doing it off the clock, they can wear whatever they want. Baptism is not just a Christian rite by the way,

If they are doing it off the clock, they can wear whatever they want. Baptism is not just a Christian rite by the way,

Know other religions do it. But in the context of an American jail it's probably Christian.

Title of the thread is what stood out. Looking into it, there's many news items about some jailer somewhere here, or in the UK doing this. But they all use outside clergy. This title though sounded like it was the Sherriff themself offering it which would be what's unlawful.

8579018_G.jpg

And therein lies the hypocrisy of the great USMB "christian" Jeremiah. Were this article about any of these other groups, or any other religion not listed (especially those Catholics), she would be screaming from the rafters and condemning them all to Hell...

Now, as to the whole idea of the circus described in the OP, if it were happening in my county, I would have to file a formal complaint. My tax dollars pay for the facility, I don't agree with it being used in this fashion. Those deputies appear to be in uniform so I have to assume they are being paid, with my tax dollars. Again I object. Who paid for the kiddie pool?

Nope, sorry, not copacetic...

I agree with you on Jeremiah...if this were a wiccan coven, for instance, Jeri would probably require hospitalization for popping an artery.

But, religious expression in jail/prison is constitutionally protected.

Freedom of Religion in Prison

If the prisoners requested this religious accommodation, and there was a reasonable way in which to provide it, it's entirely reasonable for this to occur in an incarceration setting, and your tax dollars will pay for it. There are many Islamic inmates in the local jail where I live, and many have requested prayer rugs and pork-free meals. Reasonable accommodations are within the scope of the 1st amendment. I don't think that this is an unreasonable accommodation, but it does open the door for prisoners of other faiths to ask for similar accommodations, and then the sheriff's department must provide for these accommodations.

8579018_G.jpg

And therein lies the hypocrisy of the great USMB "christian" Jeremiah. Were this article about any of these other groups, or any other religion not listed (especially those Catholics), she would be screaming from the rafters and condemning them all to Hell...

Now, as to the whole idea of the circus described in the OP, if it were happening in my county, I would have to file a formal complaint. My tax dollars pay for the facility, I don't agree with it being used in this fashion. Those deputies appear to be in uniform so I have to assume they are being paid, with my tax dollars. Again I object. Who paid for the kiddie pool?

Nope, sorry, not copacetic...

You do realize that the Islamic religious leaders have their own ministry in jails, prisons, as do the Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, etc. Yes, it is true. Read the OP again and you will see that it is the Christian Ministers named in the article that are baptizing these prisoners. It's legal and nothing is amiss, hjmick.

Forum List

Back