Sheriff Joe on the hot seat.

my thoughts on Joe O Pile, media hound, nothing more nothing less, pink undies and green lunch meat ,give me a fucking break

the questions revolve around allegations that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has abused his power as a law-enforcement official. If that's true, the proceedings could trigger criminal charges of civil-rights violations
Joe Arpaio, MCSO investigation may not lead to indictment

I could have told you this was coming the day our former Gov. got selected to head Homeland Security. What the Fed. does not seem to understand here is that Sheriff Joe has been elected many many times to that office and is very popular here and by doing this, they further seperate themselves from a large majority of people here in Arizona. this has little if anything to do with corruption in the MCSO and lot more to do with the Sheriff Joe's policy of arresting illegals and holding them for deportation.

If he's abusing power, then he should be held accountable.

If he's not, then he'll have nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure Sheriffs in Alabama were not popular during Clan Rallys, but this shouldn't absolve them from Federal Investigation.

The facts are Smason, the Sheriff is enforcing the law in the country and while many may not like the fact that the majority of illegals that are arrested and returned are hispanic, the fact remains that Arizonas illegal population is made up mostly from citizens of Mexico. So to equate what he is doing in terms of say a Sheriff at a clan rally is completely wrong. While yes I'm sure he was no doubt popular, the difference is that our Sheriff is enforcing a Federal law not breaking a Federal Law as an Alabama Sheriff would be if they were a member of the clan and using that office agianst minorities. It's really quite simple here, you have a political element on one side that favors open borders , such as Phil Gordon, our former Gov. and the US Attorney, and the vast majority of those on Arizona including the Sheriff who do not, and given that fact you have the results, namely a new US Attorney that worked for our former Gov. who now is investigating the Sheriff at the request of Phil Gordon.

Another issue that many do not understand is the citizens in Maricopa county who have consistantly voted for the Sheriff are in favor of harsh punishment for breaking the law. So if many don't think it's right to have to wear pink t-shirts, pink underwear, or work on a chain gang here, then don't break the law.

I fail to understand how someone can advocate a person be arrested for a Federal crime and at the same time turn around and tell that same authority not to arrest for another Federal crime. Like it or not, entering into this nation without permission is a crime .

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Forum List

Back