Sheriff Joe on the hot seat.

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
The outcome of the federal grand jury investigating allegations of criminal conduct in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is impossible to predict, but news of the panel left some county employees and observers relieved and others confounded.

Two county executives said Thursday they are preparing to testify next week before the grand jury, which is looking into allegations of misconduct in the Sheriff's Office.

Prosecutors can't discuss grand-jury proceedings in the interest of protecting the accused, but witnesses can disclose information. County Manager David Smith and Deputy County Manager Sandi Wilson contend the questions revolve around allegations that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has abused his power as a law-enforcement official. If that's true, the proceedings could trigger criminal charges of civil-rights violations
Joe Arpaio, MCSO investigation may not lead to indictment

I could have told you this was coming the day our former Gov. got selected to head Homeland Security. What the Fed. does not seem to understand here is that Sheriff Joe has been elected many many times to that office and is very popular here and by doing this, they further seperate themselves from a large majority of people here in Arizona. this has little if anything to do with corruption in the MCSO and lot more to do with the Sheriff Joe's policy of arresting illegals and holding them for deportation.

Just because a perso has been elected 5 times DOES NOT give him the free and clear to break the law, does it Navy? Should they be exempt from any inquiry in to their supposed law breaking?

Smith said on Thursday that, based on his discussions with the U.S. Attorney's Office, the grand jury appears to be focusing on a variety of issues, including budget negotiations, the county's courthouse project, deputies questioning county employees at their homes, threats of investigations of county employees and a fight over a criminal-justice computer system.

Smith said friction over budget negotiations and the sheriff's decision to "criminalize administrative behavior" through investigations and lawsuits were among issues they discussed with the U.S. Attorney's Office, in preparation for their grand-jury appearance.

The outcome of the federal grand jury investigating allegations of criminal conduct in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is impossible to predict, but news of the panel left some county employees and observers relieved and others confounded.

Two county executives said Thursday they are preparing to testify next week before the grand jury, which is looking into allegations of misconduct in the Sheriff's Office.

Prosecutors can't discuss grand-jury proceedings in the interest of protecting the accused, but witnesses can disclose information. County Manager David Smith and Deputy County Manager Sandi Wilson contend the questions revolve around allegations that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has abused his power as a law-enforcement official. If that's true, the proceedings could trigger criminal charges of civil-rights violations
Joe Arpaio, MCSO investigation may not lead to indictment

I could have told you this was coming the day our former Gov. got selected to head Homeland Security. What the Fed. does not seem to understand here is that Sheriff Joe has been elected many many times to that office and is very popular here and by doing this, they further seperate themselves from a large majority of people here in Arizona. this has little if anything to do with corruption in the MCSO and lot more to do with the Sheriff Joe's policy of arresting illegals and holding them for deportation.

I'm sure that Sheriff Joe is popular, but let us remember that popular isn't always right. Lester Maddox was elected Governor of Georgia due to his popularity in chasing black people out of his store with an axe handle.

if any of the crap is true about him starting investigations and invasions of privacy against people that speak out against him he needs to be jailed and put in the general population

My money is on this being purely political in nature because Sheriff Joe made the feds look bad by enforcing their laws when they wouldn't. The leftists and globalists have been looking for any way possible to drive him out of office, and may have it.

We'll see, but my money is on political fraud and false charges that nobody will be held accountable for making, just like they weren't when done to Palin.

My money is on this being purely political in nature because Sheriff Joe made the feds look bad by enforcing their laws when they wouldn't. The leftists and globalists have been looking for any way possible to drive him out of office, and may have it.

We'll see, but my money is on political fraud and false charges that nobody will be held accountable for making, just like they weren't when done to Palin.

so you think forcing a woman to give birth while shackled is acceptable?

When janet reno tried this she failed and was never held accountable.
That hearing was the source of my favorite sherriff joe quote;
"It might be cruel and unuaual punishment but if we did it more often at least it wouldn't be unusual"

What law has the Sheriff broken Care? if you mean enforcing laws that people break that is what he was elected to do. Give you an example, lets say for a moment that a person in Texas robs the local bank branch there, they have committed a Federal crime and they come to Phoenix and are stopped by the Sheriff. What the Federal Govt. is telling the Sheriff not to do is arrest that person because that is out of the Sheriffs jurisdiction as is the case with Illegal Aliens who have have broken the law by entering this country illegally. As to being investigated I find it interesting that all of the sudden he is facing a Federal Grand Jury on an issue that the MCSO has beein doing for years and this investigation did not come into being until our former Gov. staff member , now the newly appointed Federal Atty. for this area decided to make it one.

He was brought before a grand jury under clinton as well, and survived to be elected again.
Go sherriff joe!

glad to see you support law breakers that you agree with

disturbing to see you convict someone without a trial, how KGB of you
prove your assumption that arpio broke the law, last time the democrats tried this it backfired on them big time
look for an epic fail on this as well
prove it, that's what grand juries, then trials are about
last time the janet reno grand jury found nothing and people like you had convicted him before it happened as well
your just afraid you will end up in his tent city because you know you deserve it
pink underwear and mealloaf for you kgb tool

so you think forcing a woman to give birth while shackled is acceptable?
Depends on many things. If she's dangerous or a flight risk, yes. No problems, do both arms if need be. But I don't give a shit about namby pamby feeeeelings when you're dealing with criminals.

Ultimately, I see this as irrelevant.

All I see are charges alleging misconduct and abuse of power that nobody's discussing.

Again, this is probably politically juiced to drive him from office.

Last edited:
This is nothing but a politcal move on the part of the Justice Department

Burke, who most recently held the position of Senior Advisor to Department of Homeland
Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, will lead one of the largest U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the
country.
The office currently employs approximately 300 personnel in four locations (Phoenix,
Tucson, Flagstaff and Yuma) and serves more than 8 million residents throughout the entire state of
Arizona, including the residents on all 22 Indian nations.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/az/press_releases/2009/2009-299(Burke).pdf

So let me see if I understand this, the former Gov. who ran the state into the ground by the way and is now Director of homeland Security and has a record for the most vetos of any Gov. on record here in Arizona and further has a terrible record on immigration , one of her staff is now the same Attorney that is driving this case. Yes, this is ALLLLL ABOUT civil rights I'm sure.!!!!!!!!!! One thing people do not seem to understand that in order to secure a convition here in this state on Sheriff Joe you would need to take it to California to get one, because people here support the enforcement of the law as the Sheriff is doing even if the Federal Govt. does not.

What law has the Sheriff broken Care? if you mean enforcing laws that people break that is what he was elected to do. Give you an example, lets say for a moment that a person in Texas robs the local bank branch there, they have committed a Federal crime and they come to Phoenix and are stopped by the Sheriff. What the Federal Govt. is telling the Sheriff not to do is arrest that person because that is out of the Sheriffs jurisdiction as is the case with Illegal Aliens who have have broken the law by entering this country illegally. As to being investigated I find it interesting that all of the sudden he is facing a Federal Grand Jury on an issue that the MCSO has beein doing for years and this investigation did not come into being until our former Gov. staff member , now the newly appointed Federal Atty. for this area decided to make it one.

I never said he broke any laws, I asked you a question or two...

Where is ALL of this opinion and information of YOURS coming from Navy? I read the article you linked and NONE of this crud is in the article you linked?

Is this ALL just your opinion or is there a link out there that you have read that you did not link to... that we can read, to be on the same level ground as you on the topic?

Forum List

Back