Sheriff — Hiring Practices

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Journalist Sadie Gurman wrote for The Associated Press 21 November 2016:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Denver Sheriff Department will pay $10,000 and change its hiring practices after the Justice Department found it broke the law by excluding job candidates who were not U.S. citizens... The federal agency's investigation found Colorado's largest sheriff's department illegally required deputy sheriff applicants to be U.S. citizens and posed job ads with citizenship requirements.

article

The Denver Sheriff Department will pay $10,000 and change its hiring practices after the Justice Department found it broke the law by excluding job candidates who were not U.S. citizens... The federal agency's investigation found Colorado's largest sheriff's department illegally required deputy sheriff applicants to be U.S. citizens and posed job ads with citizenship requirements.

article

Denver need wait only two months. All this crap will be swept away.

:wtf:

I didn't know it was against the law to discriminate against non-citizens. That's fucked up.

I didn't know it was against the law to discriminate against non-citizens. That's fucked up.
If they have permanent status on their way to becoming citizens, I can see it.

I don't see it. There are requirements that all applicants should meet. Many law enforcement jobs require no applicant be over the age of thirty-five. We may not agree with such a requirement but it is a requirement nontheless. Most federal agencies have the age requirement because they send the new recruit to a school prior to his/her being assigned to a geogrphical area to work. The DEA, the Border Patrol, the FBI, the US Marshall's Office, are a few that impose this age limitation.

From the article;
"The Immigration and Nationality Act's anti-discrimination provision's requires most employers to consider people who are not U.S. citizens, as long as they have a work permit."

It doesn't say anything about being on their way to becoming permanent citizens. Like I said, fucked up.

From the article;
"The Immigration and Nationality Act's anti-discrimination provision's requires most employers to consider people who are not U.S. citizens, as long as they have a work permit."

It doesn't say anything about being on their way to becoming permanent citizens. Like I said, fucked up.

According to the DOJ’s announcement, the Denver Sheriff’s Department was fined for violating provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which requires employers to make certain employment available to legal, resident aliens on the same terms as United States citizens, unless they have applied for and received a waiver from the federal government.

According to the Washington Examiner, the department hired about 200 new deputies in 2015 and 2016 and wrongly made citizenship — as opposed to legal permanent residence — a job requirement.

Denver Sheriff’s Department fined for not hiring non-citizens

According to the DOJ’s announcement, the Denver Sheriff’s Department was fined for violating provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which requires employers to make certain employment available to legal, resident aliens on the same terms as United States citizens, unless they have applied for and received a waiver from the federal government.

According to the Washington Examiner, the department hired about 200 new deputies in 2015 and 2016 and wrongly made citizenship — as opposed to legal permanent residence — a job requirement.

Are legal resident aliens necessarily on their way to becoming citizens?

Usually it is the first step towards citizenship. The following article describes the difference between a legal resident alien and a citizen:

Difference Between U.S. Green Card and U.S. Citizenship | Nolo.com

A visa, granted to a noncitizen for a work permit, should indicate what the work permit is issued for, and for whom the applicant is going to work for. As an example: a farmer needs workers for harvesting oranges. He applies to the government for so many workers for a certain period of time to pick oranges. Visas are issued to foreigners to work for that particular farmer for a time certain, then the visa expires.

To issue a blanket visa for a foreigner to roam about the country looking for work is obscene, in my view, and should not be happening.

Not necessarily, but I also don't think they should be restricted from gaining employment.

Not necessarily, but I also don't think they should be restricted from gaining employment.

Well, I think we just disagree there.

If they aren't on there way to become a citizen, and perhaps even if they are, is it really the federal government's job to get so involved in the hiring practices of private businesses, local and state governments? Shouldn't employers, especially local governments, have the right to decide the people that they should be composed of? Social engineering is tantamount to tyranny and globalism.

Amendment_10.jpg

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Non-citizens are not protected by the federal government in any clause in the constitution. It applies only to citizens.

Forum List

Back