Shep Smith Tells BP CEO to Act Like He Cares About the Gulf Oil Spill

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Politicususa - Shep Smith Tells BP CEO to Act Like He Cares About the Gulf Oil Spill

On Fox News yesterday, Shepard Smith unloaded on BP CEO Tony Heyward who called the Gulf Oil spill a small leak. In a commentary Smith said to Heyward, “Our water is now polluted, our coast is now soiled…many of our people are out of a job, and 11 hard working men are dead from the explosion on the rig that carried your company’s name….at least act like you care.”

YouTube - bpcommentary1.wmv!

Smith pointed out that Tony Heyward has refused to appear on his show, and that the BP CEO has called the leak a small spill, and called the lawsuits against BP frivolous.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I actually saw that. Shep was very impassioned. I may be wrong, but I believe he is from the Mississippi Gulf region.

Saw that also.

Understand Sheps passion. I live in Florida and I'm sure our coast will get oiled as well.

BP does care. This cleanup and compensation is going to cost them in the billions.

I'm sure BP will be crying every time they write a check to cover the cost of this spill.

Politicususa - Shep Smith Tells BP CEO to Act Like He Cares About the Gulf Oil Spill

On Fox News yesterday, Shepard Smith unloaded on BP CEO Tony Heyward who called the Gulf Oil spill a small leak. In a commentary Smith said to Heyward, “Our water is now polluted, our coast is now soiled…many of our people are out of a job, and 11 hard working men are dead from the explosion on the rig that carried your company’s name….at least act like you care.”

YouTube - bpcommentary1.wmv!

Smith pointed out that Tony Heyward has refused to appear on his show, and that the BP CEO has called the leak a small spill, and called the lawsuits against BP frivolous.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Anyone got the quote from Heyward where he calls the lawsuits 'frivolous'?

Sigh. It is really difficult to blame them for down playing this...why make people panic more than they already are panicking? Why hurt some state's economy before it is hurt?

Calling it a small leak is retarded beyond belief, though.

I'd like to see a transcript or a video where Heyward defined this leak as small. I have doubts he ever said those words.

They will try as hard as they can to fuck you for the money

Who is they? If you're speaking about BP then you must be retarded. BP makes money by producing oil, not by polluting the environment.

Seriously? And paying to clean up the oil spill cuts in to their profits. So minimizing how much they have to pay for the cleanup directly impacts their bottom line. Anyone with basic reasoning skills could figure this out.

I'd like to see a transcript or a video where Heyward defined this leak as small. I have doubts he ever said those words.

So you think Shep is lying?

Nope, but he's not right. Haywood referred to the leak as small, in comparison to the ocean. And he was technically correct.... but.... it is still a massive leak and a massive problem.

See what I did there? I took both sides and worked out what actually happened, instead of whining about who might be lying. Not everything is about who lied.... unless you're truthmatters' sock puppet.

They will try as hard as they can to fuck you for the money

Who is they? If you're speaking about BP then you must be retarded. BP makes money by producing oil, not by polluting the environment.

Seriously? And paying to clean up the oil spill cuts in to their profits. So minimizing how much they have to pay for the cleanup directly impacts their bottom line. Anyone with basic reasoning skills could figure this out.

They haven't shirked their responsibility, have they?

Lying maybe too harsh but definately engaging in hyperbole. So a direct quote would be nice, if one can't be produced then I would have a hard time believing it .

fucking idiot!!!

Tony Hayward, the beleaguered chief executive of oil giant BP, has claimed the company's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is "relatively tiny" compared with the "very big ocean". BP chief executive Tony Hayward in his own words | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Lying maybe too harsh but definately engaging in hyperbole. So a direct quote would be nice, if one can't be produced then I would have a hard time believing it .

fucking idiot!!!

Tony Hayward, the beleaguered chief executive of oil giant BP, has claimed the company's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is "relatively tiny" compared with the "very big ocean". BP chief executive Tony Hayward in his own words | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Hayward is right.

Forum List

Back