Shep Smith on Edited Video: "We did and do not trust the source"

All shep had to do was contact the NAACP for the full film from the regional NAACP banquet held in March.
Guess he didn't think of that, but then again, the NAACP didn't think soon enough about it either, until they pulled it, reviewed it, THEN released their 'snooker' statement.
For those who have never attended a banquet held by a large org. like the NAACP, it is customary and routine to film the speakers. (DUhhh!)

Actually. Beck was the one who gave rise to the ACORN videos, giving them a hour special to the first batch of edited tapes. That's why Shep is considered the Lone holdout. But I do give Beck credit for not showing the tapes yesterday.

Acorn was actually doing things wrong, even if the video wasn't taken with their knowledge what is shown in the acorn video was very very wrong. And there is no context to disprove that they were trying to help those that were faking being pimps how to evade taxes and evade getting caught by the law.

I think theres a huge difference between the acorn video and this current situation.

Acorn was actually doing things wrong, even if the video wasn't taken with their knowledge what is shown in the acorn video was very very wrong. And there is no context to disprove that they were trying to help those that were faking being pimps how to evade taxes and evade getting caught by the law.

I think theres a huge difference between the acorn video and this current situation.

Not really, both videos were severely edited to show something completely different then what was going on.

Sorry to be the one to tell you Pilgrim.

O'Keefe and Breitbart ACORN Videos 'Severely Edited'

O'Keefe stated he was out to make a point and to damage ACORN and therefore did not act as a journalist objectively reporting a story. The video releases were heavily edited to feature only the worst or most inappropriate statements of the various ACORN employees, and to omit some of the most salient statements by O'Keefe and Giles.

Evidence obtained by Brown tells a somewhat different story, however, as reflected in three videotapes made at ACORN locations in California. One ACORN worker in San Diego called the cops. Another ACORN worker in San Bernardino caught on to the scheme and played along with it, claiming among other things that she had murdered her abusive husband. Her two former husbands are alive and well, the Attorney General's report noted. At the beginning and end of the Internet videos, O'Keefe was dressed as a 1970s Superfly pimp, but in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp.

Not really, both videos were severely edited to show something completely different then what was going on.

Sorry to be the one to tell you Pilgrim.

O'Keefe and Breitbart ACORN Videos 'Severely Edited'

O'Keefe stated he was out to make a point and to damage ACORN and therefore did not act as a journalist objectively reporting a story. The video releases were heavily edited to feature only the worst or most inappropriate statements of the various ACORN employees, and to omit some of the most salient statements by O'Keefe and Giles.

Evidence obtained by Brown tells a somewhat different story, however, as reflected in three videotapes made at ACORN locations in California. One ACORN worker in San Diego called the cops. Another ACORN worker in San Bernardino caught on to the scheme and played along with it, claiming among other things that she had murdered her abusive husband. Her two former husbands are alive and well, the Attorney General's report noted. At the beginning and end of the Internet videos, O'Keefe was dressed as a 1970s Superfly pimp, but in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp.

Oh thanks i'm going to read that link.

They (acorn representatives) still did make those crazy statements though either way. You and I both know the statements, even if they were pushed/nudged into them, were wrong to make for any organization.

The Lone Holdout | Talking Points Memo

Video after the jump.

Glad to see someone like Shep Smith does not trust scum like Breitbart. Shep continues to be the man.

Add glenn beck to the list modbert Beck: Why Was Shirley Sherrod Ousted? - Video - FoxNews.com

I LOOOVE Glennbeck.

One of the smoothest single malts out there.

Indeed

german-beer.jpg

Forum List

Back