Shellacking

'The University of Colorado (CU) prediction renowned for perfect accuracy will predict a popular-vote win for Mitt Romney later this month, Campus Reform has learned.

The poll has accurately predicted every presidential election since it was developed in 1980. It is unique in that it employs factors outside of state economic indicators to predict the next president.

CU Political Science Professor Dr. Michael Berry, who spoke with Campus Reform at length on Tuesday, said there is at least 77 percent chance that Romney will win the popular vote.'

[EXCLUSIVE] 77% likelihood Romney wins popular vote, according to famous U of Colorado study

Nobody got shellacked last night.

Myself?? I would call it more of a draw though I do think Barry Edged out Romney by a very thin margin. I think he did quite well last night even though the Town Hall format isn't his cup of tea.

But nobody got shellacked at all. Both men did well. Anyone who think either got shellacked is obviously lying to themselves. Hope they have fun.

I have to agree with you, Claudette. The mere fact that Obama came prepared was a bonus for him and I would call it the same.

Both had points above the other on topics, but I think the loser was Crowley who did demonstrate a bias for Obama, as hard as she tried not to. But it showed on time and interruptions and on the Benghazi question.

All in all, a fiesty debate. Looking forward to the foreign policy debate!

Fox News Poll confirms this...

190378_435643923138487_317133782_n.jpg

liar. link to the page that image is on, since the image info doesn't show it as Fox News.

you seem to be feeling cranky today, hon.

He's pretty bitter.

Nobody got shellacked last night.

Myself?? I would call it more of a draw though I do think Barry Edged out Romney by a very thin margin. I think he did quite well last night even though the Town Hall format isn't his cup of tea.

But nobody got shellacked at all. Both men did well. Anyone who think either got shellacked is obviously lying to themselves. Hope they have fun.

I have to agree with you, Claudette. The mere fact that Obama came prepared was a bonus for him and I would call it the same.

Both had points above the other on topics, but I think the loser was Crowley who did demonstrate a bias for Obama, as hard as she tried not to. But it showed on time and interruptions and on the Benghazi question.

All in all, a fiesty debate. Looking forward to the foreign policy debate!

Yeah, Me to.

I'm sure Romney will bring it to Barry on Libya. Romney missed a golden opp to call him on the lies he told.

Wonder how Barry is gonna handle it because a lie is a lie is a lie. No way to smooze that over.

liar. link to the page that image is on, since the image info doesn't show it as Fox News.

you seem to be feeling cranky today, hon.

You seem a bit hypocritical today. The op flat out lied and made shit up. Had i or any other righty done this the negs and complaints about lies would be flying.

I lied about the definition of a word?

Back to your bedroom gramps. We'll call you for lunch.

Obama Scores the Most Debate Points, but Verdict Uncertain

Who won? The answer may be Obama, because his goal following a catastrophically sluggish first debate was so clear: Show some life. And, indeed, the president aggressively criticized Romney, labeling him a hypocrite and a liar who favors the rich at the expense of the middle class and poor.

But Romney got his licks in, too, wrapping a miserable economy around the incumbent’s neck. “The middle class is getting crushed by the policies of a president who does not understand what it takes to get the economy working again,” Romney said.

Bottom line: Obama and Romney scored points while turning off independent voters with their point-scoring. Democratic and Republican partisans will find reason to celebrate the debate but it likely did nothing to reshape the closely fought race.

Last edited:
However, Obama really won.

I agree, Obama had the edge in the debate, but it was most certainly not a "thumpin" or shellacking as you and the OP are trying to claim. Only the most partisan of Democrats will claim that.

The post debate poll showed slightly more than one-third of viewers thought Obama won, slightly less than one-third thought Romney did, and exactly one-third thought it was a draw. Romney, however, won over 65% of undecided voters on the economy.

However, Obama really won.

I agree, Obama had the edge in the debate, but it was most certainly not a "thumpin" or shellacking as you and the OP are trying to claim. Only the most partisan of Democrats will claim that.

The post debate poll showed slightly more than one-third of viewers thought Obama won, slightly less than one-third thought Romney did, and exactly one-third thought it was a draw. Romney, however, won over 65% of undecided voters on the economy.

Which makes this debate a win for Romney. That subject and that group of people are the only things that matter at this point.

Romney performed very well, which is all he needed to do. The debates will draw attention to the general state of governance here for the last 4 years. And that state is horrible. This is why Obama is sinking in the polls. Romney appeared before voters without the intervening veil of media spin. People could look at him and judge for themselves. And he is not the plutocrat elitist the press has painted him as. Actually Obama resembles that description. But I digress.
One debate will not determine the outcome of the election. Obama might have performed (and I use the word perform deliberately) credibly. But it wont help him, except among his die hards. He is finished. The leftist Democrats are finished. Come January 20th the Democrats will be holding discussions on "where can we go from here?"

What happens when both the president and the secretary/state take responsibility for an act of criminal negligence? Do they think they cancel each other out? The ship of fools is sinking.

The way I see it.

1. Both of them were aggressive - Tie
2. The body language - Tie
3. Substance, after facts check - Romney

The clear winner would have been Romney if Candy had minded her business at the very end of the Debate. Her statement cramped Romney's closing which was the nail in the coffin.
She apologized minutes after the debate ended for her mistake. Romney was right she admitted. Today will be very interesting.

Last edited:
They updated all the dictionaries right after the debate....

shellacking - present participle of shel·lac (Verb)
Verb:
1)Varnish (something) with shellac.
2)Defeat or beat (someone) decisively: "they were shellacked in the election".

That's just malarkey..

Romney performed very well, which is all he needed to do. The debates will draw attention to the general state of governance here for the last 4 years. And that state is horrible. This is why Obama is sinking in the polls. Romney appeared before voters without the intervening veil of media spin. People could look at him and judge for themselves. And he is not the plutocrat elitist the press has painted him as. Actually Obama resembles that description. But I digress.
One debate will not determine the outcome of the election. Obama might have performed (and I use the word perform deliberately) credibly. But it wont help him, except among his die hards. He is finished. The leftist Democrats are finished. Come January 20th the Democrats will be holding discussions on "where can we go from here?"

There you have it. obama's performance is not enough to stop Romney. The Luntz focus group of undecideds became Romney voters.

'The University of Colorado (CU) prediction renowned for perfect accuracy will predict a popular-vote win for Mitt Romney later this month, Campus Reform has learned.

The poll has accurately predicted every presidential election since it was developed in 1980. It is unique in that it employs factors outside of state economic indicators to predict the next president.

CU Political Science Professor Dr. Michael Berry, who spoke with Campus Reform at length on Tuesday, said there is at least 77 percent chance that Romney will win the popular vote.'

[EXCLUSIVE] 77% likelihood Romney wins popular vote, according to famous U of Colorado study

And yet you were dooped again. God it must suck to be you

Forum List

Back