Shell stops selling gasoline to Iran

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Royal Dutch Shell Plc said Wednesday it has stopped selling gasoline to Iran, the latest company to cease business with a country that is increasingly targeted by US-encouraged economic sanctions.

"We do not currently sell any gasoline to Iran," said Rayiner Winzenried, a Shell spokesman, in The Hague.

He declined to say when the sales to Teheran were halted or to relate the move to the call for tougher sanctions. Reports say the Dutch-Swiss traders Vitol Holding BV and Trafigura also have halted sales to Iran, as has Glencore International AG, another Swiss-based commodities trader.

I have a friend who works with Repsol, he told me they are looking to supply via India and Singapore

Royal Dutch Shell Plc said Wednesday it has stopped selling gasoline to Iran, the latest company to cease business with a country that is increasingly targeted by US-encouraged economic sanctions.

"We do not currently sell any gasoline to Iran," said Rayiner Winzenried, a Shell spokesman, in The Hague.

He declined to say when the sales to Teheran were halted or to relate the move to the call for tougher sanctions. Reports say the Dutch-Swiss traders Vitol Holding BV and Trafigura also have halted sales to Iran, as has Glencore International AG, another Swiss-based commodities trader.

Shell probably has heard that the War Games held recently suggest that Israel is gearing up to bomb Iran. Why ship a product that would be needed by a country at war?

I don't think it is a matter if Israel is going to bomb Iran, but a question of when?

Forum List

Back