She'll shop till I drop..

Discussion in 'Humor' started by dmp, Jul 19, 2004.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    :D

2. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Typical man thing to do ! Bitch bitch bitch ! :laugh:

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    My mother was one of those women. Liked to go to the mall just to look. I'm one of those weird women who don't like to shop. I occassionally like to wonder thru a store & see what kind of new tool or nail polish or color scheme that's popular. And I don't consider going to the grocery store 'shopping'. Shopping can be fun. That is sheer torture.

4. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Im not gonna lie I love to shop and spend all day in the mall ! :clap1:

Especially when I have $$$$$$ ! :thup: Oh and a Mochasippi from the coffee shop ! :D

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Joz, I'm with you! I hate, I mean really HATE to shop. I do all my Christmas shopping in 2 days, after everyone tells me what they want.

The only thing that is ok to shop for is shoes!

Now, I can spend hours at either Home Depot or Crate and Barrell, but hate malls!

6. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Now, isn't Home Depot or Lowe's about the neatest place you can be? I don't think I've ever been to a Crate & Barrel. Is it like a Pottery Barn?

As far as Christmas, I have most of that done already. I get all the obligations out of the way so I can concentrate on the important ones in my life. I just finished 24 wooden reindeer for my daughter-in-law's office gifts.

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Strangely enough, my dad is the one that shops for hours, which my mom goes for hin-and-run shopping. That's why I prefer to shop with my mom. If I go shopping with my mom, we are going to buy something and we know exactly what, we just have to find some good versions of that thing for a relatively low price, preferably a sale price. In high school, I could get a year's worth of school clothes in under an hour with my mom. If I went with my dad, it meant I'd have to come back later...with my mom...to finish up, since dad couldn't get done looking at the first square foot of merchandise before the store closed.

On a side note, I love Dave Barry. I read his column every week, which is made easier by the fact that it's published in the free school newspaper. He also came and spoke at our school (University of Arkansas, btw), which was also free for students. He talked about Miami being a "target-rich environment" for a humor columnist by telling us the story about how the chief of police was struck and nearly killed by a huge bail of cocaine falling from the sky.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Crate & Barrel to the best of my knowledge started in Chicago. My mom dragged me down there when I was pretty young, to Old Town during the 60's or 70's. Hard to explain Old Town in Chicago during those years, maybe a very commercial Haight Ashbury kind of place, ahem for the Midwest! :eek: It maybe that excursion when I came back with incense, Jimi Hendrix poster, and beads for my room that I fell in love with Crate & Barrel.

At that time it was like a huge warehouse full of glassware, tableware, kitchen gadgets and utensils that I'd never seen before. Lots of wood, butcher block of course. Platform beds, they had them, Thomasville didn't!
    Today they still have a huge selection of kitchen and entertaining goods, but their furniture selection is outstanding, if you like casual. They have followed me through the years, a larger store is underway now in Oak Brook and they are on Michigan Boulevard and other malls too.

9. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    After I read your post I looked them up on the Web. What a cool store!! On the same line of a Pier One or Pottery Barn. A hodge podge of merchandise you REALLY want to find a use for!

But you see, I can buy something at Home Depot and rationalize the purchase much better!!

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    On that we cannot argue! With the exception of when I get some great illusion that I can do plumbing or something! What a sight to behold! Now a wonder cow platter! That will be used, at least til my kids hide it! :cheers2: