Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Story Highlights

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan says she'll run against Speaker Pelosi
Sheehan was in Capitol for meeting urging impeachment proceedings
Forty-five other protesters also arrested for disorderly conduct

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/....ap/index.html

Out after paying a $50.00 fine? What is going on here, she should have to pay more then that and possibly have community service. This would have been a good chance for the courts to get her the counseling she obviously need's. She is literally off her rocker. Then threatning the most powerful woman in the House by threatening to run against her? Shes nut's. She doesnt stand a chance in hell in winning.

Hasn't she been arrested in the past for pulling simular stunts?

Normally I'm a fairly level headed individual but that woman absolutely disgusts me. Would we know who Cindy Sheehan is if she hadn't used her dead son to get where she is?

For practicality sake though. What platform is she going to run on? Anti-War obviously, but then what? The war in Iraq isn't gonna last forever, not for the U.S. troops anyway. Can you imagine asking her about her economic policy? Can you believe a woman running against one of the most leftist senators in the country because she isn't far enough to the left?

Like I said in previous post, every member of the right needs to strongly encourage that these two run against each other. Then crab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show.

Normally I'm a fairly level headed individual but that woman absolutely disgusts me. Would we know who Cindy Sheehan is if she hadn't used her dead son to get where she is?

For practicality sake though. What platform is she going to run on? Anti-War obviously, but then what? The war in Iraq isn't gonna last forever, not for the U.S. troops anyway. Can you imagine asking her about her economic policy? Can you believe a woman running against one of the most leftist senators in the country because she is far enough to the left?

Like I said in previous post, every member of the right needs to strongly encourage that these two run against each other. Then crab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show.

Couldn't have said it better. That would be a hilarious show. :eusa_clap:

I bet she would get a few votes but nowhere near enough to win anything. Besides with what money is she gonna use to run?? She wouldnt last 10 minutes running for office.

I bet she would get a few votes but nowhere near enough to win anything. Besides with what money is she gonna use to run?? She wouldnt last 10 minutes running for office.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if she could raise some money. I imagine there is a lot of the left wing fringe that aren't too happey with the dems that got elected into office. She'll get their money.

Here's a crazy idea. She should hit up conservatives. I'd be more than happy to fund that campaign if I could afford it.

For practicality sake though. What platform is she going to run on? Anti-War obviously, but then what? The war in Iraq isn't gonna last forever, not for the U.S. troops anyway. Can you imagine asking her about her economic policy? Can you believe a woman running against one of the most leftist senators in the country because she is far enough to the left?

It's just going to be a mud slinging match. It will be an attack on President Bush and the war and I believe your right when she get's asked about other agenda items it will be like watching an episode of Beavis and Butthead.

But it wont be the amount she needs to make it very far. I'd put money on it.

I agree with Bern I think some conservatives will support her out of their hatred for Pelosi and wanting to stir the pot. I think it would be funnier then hell if she wins. Even if she does it will be to late to do anything to President Bush and besides I rhink Harry Reid will come to the aid of his lover and he has a pretty big war chest.

Forum List

Back