Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
In this country most rapes occur in college and are classified as "date rape", only a small fraction are rapes of opportunity, most are planned.
Also:
Fisher also found that many women do not characterize their sexual victimizations
as a crime for a number of reasons (such as embarrassment, not
clearly understanding the legal definition of rape, or not wanting to define
someone they know who victimized them as a rapist) or because they blame
themselves for their sexual assault.
The study reinforces the importance of
many organizations’ efforts to improve education and knowledge about sexual
assault.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/182369.pdf

The bolded phrase shows nothing more than women being made to believe their actions perpetrated the rape not that the rapist failed to recognize or didn't care about the inherent ownership of our own bodies, male and female. This is a result of the "she brought it on herself" crowds mantra during the multitude of preceding decades.

I don't care where I go or what I wear, if someone has not been given permission, don't touch. There are lots of women that live in bad areas. They do not deserve to be raped because of where they live anymore than I deserve to be raped for showing up to the area. I don't buy that.

If I go to a bar and wear a mini-skirt with....stiletto's, it does not grant permission. The people that run their mouths about what you are wearing at that point are going to run their mouths when you dress conservatively. They are going to talk about the shade of lipstick that you are wearing at any given moment and any other thing that they can think of. Those are very special people. I have walked into a bar with a t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes, no make up and purchased a pint and placed full attention on the video game machine and been approached in a manner that was inappropriate. Not because I am particularly pretty but because I am female in a bar. This is a game that nobody wins. And an excuse.

It is appropriate to say to women that they should not leave their soda, beer or drink to go on the dance floor or to the restroom. I do not care how well that you think you know someone. Do not become so intoxicated that you are not in control of a situation. You can say the same thing to men. It isn't as if men haven't been drugged and then rolled. That is more of a common sense thing. It is an awareness thing and even then it is not to be taken as a blame the victim game.

If I walk down the street buck naked, no is still no and I am not "asking for it". Um...as an aside, if I am walking down the street butt naked I may have lost my ever loving mind.

It does not matter if a woman is standing there naked. No one has the right to touch her without her consent.

It does not matter if a woman is standing there naked. No one has the right to touch her without her consent.

If she is standing there naked.

She has already given her consent. :cool:

More bullshit.

What's wrong with some of you anyway???

It does not matter what she is wearing, where she is going, who she is with. No one has the right to lay a hand on her without her consent. It doesn't matter how provocatively she dresses . . . or if she wears a habit. No one has the right to touch her without her consent. It doesn't matter if she's in the shittiest part of anywhere. . . no one has the right to touch her without her consent. It doesn't matter if she's drunk as a skunk . . . no one has the right to touch her, to take advantage of her, without her consent. And if she gives it and changes her mind then she has taken her consent away and no one has the right to continue touching her.

All I can say to this uninformed tripe is, :cuckoo:
You need to actually study the rape issue before you comment on it and before you say the same about me, my wife's a psychologist, I read (and have read in the past) much of the scientific material on this subject and we've had recent discussions on this subject due to a couple of study papers she has presented for peer review.
And your conclusions are?

Meanwhile, most of what I've read in this thread amounts paraphrased declarations that no man has the right to rape any woman. Period. And what can I say to that except, no kidding? But the fact remains rape does occur and the circumstances under which it occurs are as varied as the directions the human libido can follow. So to even suggest that every rapist is motivated by the same impulse is arrogantly naive.

Perhaps a more suitable analogy for rape than car theft would be the act of mugging, because in many cases the same type of personality is involved. A mugger is an opportunistic, aggressive sociopath who finds you vulnerable, wants your money and is willing to beat the hell out of you or worse if you won't give it up. That is one type of rapist and the mentality is precisely the same as that of the mugger except that he wants something other than money -- or in addition to money. There are other types, including those for whom the act of forcible rape is their only means of complete gratification because they are stimulated by the woman's fear. Also, the use of alcohol is commonly associated with not only forcible rape but assault, homicide and other behaviors which would not normally manifest in the individual.

The bottom line is simply declaring that no man should rape any woman is a redundant waste of time. Some men will rape a woman if aroused and the opportunity presents itself -- just as some men will take your possessions by force. So my advice to women who read this is the same as I had for each of my three girls as they became young women: There are all kinds of predatory screwballs in the world. Be aware of that and don't make yourself vulnerable to them.

All I can say to this uninformed tripe is, :cuckoo:
You need to actually study the rape issue before you comment on it and before you say the same about me, my wife's a psychologist, I read (and have read in the past) much of the scientific material on this subject and we've had recent discussions on this subject due to a couple of study papers she has presented for peer review.
And your conclusions are?

Meanwhile, most of what I've read in this thread amounts paraphrased declarations that no man has the right to rape any woman. Period. And what can I say to that except, no kidding? But the fact remains rape does occur and the circumstances under which it occurs are as varied as the directions the human libido can follow. So to even suggest that every rapist is motivated by the same impulse is arrogantly naive.

Perhaps a more suitable analogy for rape than car theft would be the act of mugging, because in many cases the same type of personality is involved. A mugger is an opportunistic, aggressive sociopath who finds you vulnerable, wants your money and is willing to beat the hell out of you or worse if you won't give it up. That is one type of rapist and the mentality is precisely the same as that of the mugger except that he wants something other than money -- or in addition to money. There are other types, including those for whom the act of forcible rape is their only means of complete gratification because they are stimulated by the woman's fear. Also, the use of alcohol is commonly associated with not only forcible rape but assault, homicide and other behaviors which would not normally manifest in the individual.

The bottom line is simply declaring that no man should rape any woman is a redundant waste of time. Some men will rape a woman if aroused and the opportunity presents itself -- just as some men will take your possessions by force. So my advice to women who read this is the same as I had for each of my three girls as they became young women: There are all kinds of predatory screwballs in the world. Be aware of that and don't make yourself vulnerable to them.

The bolded part is where you are making your mistake, libido is typically the last motivating factor unless you are addressing a very small fraction of all date rape only. Rape is always a control and dominance issue, not a libido issue and I guess science and the FBI are arrogant since the basic reasons for rape can be counted with two fingers.
plus the discussion was never about rape being right or wrong, it was about whether women who dressed provocatively, got drunk, went into the wrong neighborhood, etc. deserved it, in essence asked for it and should be held responsible for what the rapist has done to them.
Based on ignorant old school thought that answer would be yes. Based on modern knowledge of the rapist's mind that answer would be no.

Last edited:
We had the mother of all threads on another forum, so I thought I'd ask the same question here. When women dress provocatively, are they "asking for it."

That's the way predators see it.

Okay - was just wondering. For those who believe the answer is "yes" - does "No means no!" still apply? So if she says yes, but then she says no, do you cease and desist?

Or even if she never says yes. If you think her clothes spoke for her, but she said no - will you abide by that?

Perhaps the four that voted yes are predators?

yes the 4 that voted yes are predators.....and what is provocative to one man is not to another....perhaps some men find women covered head to toe provocative...that is why you cannot blame the dress of the woman ......do wee ones dress to be raped? do elderly women dress to be raped?

why is it we never ask this question of male rape victims?

Well, they're asking for something.

Let me ask youm this...

If I went into a lions den drenched with still warm gazelle blood, would I be asking to be mauled by leo?

So if I get lost while driving my schmancy car and end up in a seedy part of town . . I'm asking to be carjacked? Please.

Yes and according to this logic you will be partly to blame and faces charges yourself.

Provide a quote please, where I advocated charging women with a crime if they get raped. Or admit you are making shit up. Whether you like it or not certain actions do CAUSE certain reactions. And whether or not that responsibility is criminal or not is not the gest of this thread.

Whatever man, your basically saying if these women get attacked they brought it on themselves because of their dress which is bullshit, with primitive thinking like that you should really look into moving to the Middle East.

Rape is an act of violence. It is not a sex act. No one has the right to assault anyone. No one has the right to touch another person without their consent.

It is NEVER the fault of the victim it is the fault of the assailant.

I find it so odd that anyone would think otherwise. I was on the beach at Barcelona a few weeks ago and there were men, women, children, all running around nekkid. No one violated them. It wouldn't have crossed their minds that having a healthy view of one's body should endanger them.

It is only repressed nutters who have no self-control and blame women for "enticing them" (you know, like jezebel!... cause it's never the guy's fault) who think otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back