Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
If you park a shiny new convertible, top down with keys in the ignition, on a street in a not-so-nice neighborhood, anyone who says you aren't asking for it is a fool.

So, ladies who have something to offer; be careful about when, how and where you offer it. Rape is a condemnable act. No question about that. But there are rapists in the world and that is reality. Don't challenge it.

Sure thing there Skippy. :rolleyes:

So if I get lost while driving my schmancy car and end up in a seedy part of town . . I'm asking to be carjacked? Please.

Yes and according to this logic you will be partly to blame and faces charges yourself.

Provide a quote please, where I advocated charging women with a crime if they get raped. Or admit you are making shit up. Whether you like it or not certain actions do CAUSE certain reactions. And whether or not that responsibility is criminal or not is not the gest of this thread.

Bull shit which is what you're full of. The question was "are they asking for it" which means if they are raped it's their fault. The real answer is no, the rapist retains all the responsibility for his crime regardless of whether the woman is wearing a hijab or a string bikini.

If you park a shiny new convertible, top down with keys in the ignition, on a street in a not-so-nice neighborhood, anyone who says you aren't asking for it is a fool.

So, ladies who have something to offer; be careful about when, how and where you offer it. Rape is a condemnable act. No question about that. But there are rapists in the world and that is reality. Don't challenge it.

Yeah, but sexual predators seem to pick their victims (just from many of the stories that I've read and heard about) on hiking or biking trails, when the woman is by herself (ladies, no one should EVER go to the woods alone; ESPECIALLY we women.)

Women get abducted walking down a street by themselves, to go to the store, for a walk, etc...

Going to a bar by yourself, ladies, is risky behavior.

It just seems to me, that more than any other factor, the fact that the woman was alone, seems to be the reason she gets targeted in most cases. There is always safety in numbers, in any activity.

So unless you're a master at Krav Maga, or another martial art, or you're bigger than the average man, the fact remains that men have far more upper body strength than most women. So when one gets ahold of you, you'll have a tough time getting out of their grasp. I'm also an advocate of concealed carry. :razz:

Yeah, but sexual predators seem to pick their victims (just from many of the stories that I've read and heard about) on hiking or biking trails, when the woman is by herself (ladies, no one should EVER go to the woods alone; ESPECIALLY we women.)

Women get abducted walking down a street by themselves, to go to the store, for a walk, etc...

It just seems to me, that more than any other factor, the fact that the woman was alone, seems to be the reason she gets targeted in most cases. There is always safety in numbers, in any activity.

So unless you're a master at Krav Maga, or another martial art, or you're bigger than the average man, the fact remains that men have far more upper body strength than most women. So when one gets ahold of you, you'll have a tough time getting out of their grasp. I'm also an advocate of concealed carry. :razz:

Any Krav instructor worth there salt will tell you the best way to avoid a situation it to not be in it. Your wisdom is sound.

Any Krav instructor worth there salt will tell you the best way to avoid a situation it to not be in it. Your wisdom is sound.

Yes. Just don't get yourself there in the first place.

I was pulling Staff Duty at battalion one evening (several years ago obviously) and I was making my rounds of the barracks areas about 2130 maybe 2200 (That would be 9:30 Pm or 10 PM to you civilians) when one of the young ladies in my platoon came out of the barracks. She was dressed in hot pants and halter top type thing that even today one would call skimpy.

I asked her where she was going and she laughed and told me she was going to get laid. So I suppose yes she was asking for it. But the it she was asking for was to be asked.

No still means No......

To be taken, sexually. Because apparently it's not rape, if they are wearing provocative clothing. They then give up their right to say no.

This group though; it's a good group. The other forum, the fight raged on for days, and there was a fair amount of double-talk.

And therefore. The lesson isn't what she's wearing, it's where she is. Right? Because she could have just gotten done working out and be a veritable sludge bucket of sweat, but wrong place, wrong time, bad results.

You may find I have a very difficult time playing along on the "blame the victim" express.
You've changed the circumstances from a shiny new top down convertible to a banged-up, locked-up mini-van that hasn't been washed in six months. Can't accuse this one of asking for anything other than sympathy.

And therefore. The lesson isn't what she's wearing, it's where she is. Right? Because she could have just gotten done working out and be a veritable sludge bucket of sweat, but wrong place, wrong time, bad results.

You may find I have a very difficult time playing along on the "blame the victim" express.
You've changed the circumstances from a shiny new top down convertible to a banged-up, locked-up mini-van that hasn't been washed in six months. Can't accuse this one of asking for anything other than sympathy.

Regardless of what the package looks like, opening it is not permitted unless the owner specifically gives it to you.

Dressing like a slut is not asking for it. Getting off your head on alcohol or drugs is not asking for it. But, I have more sympathy for those who don't do these things and get raped. Woman should take responsibility for their actions as much as men.

Agreed on all counts.

BUT, getting out of your head on drugs or alcohol and saying yes, IS asking for it.

It ain't rape because you sober up and find him ugly.

People who believe women who dress provocatively "ask" for it - then explain why babies are raped[...]
Different psychological category: Aggressive pedophile.

old women[...]
Aggressive gerontophile.

mentally retarded women[...]
Aggressive mentally retarded men.

women in nursing homes who are bedridden.[...]
Opportunistic, aggressive gerontophiles who work in nursing homes.

It has NOTHING to do with sex. It is power pure and simple.
I believe that to be true in many if not most ordinary cases of forcible rape but certainly not all. I'm sure there are men who are provoked by teasers and do something they would not normally do, just as there are women who have rape fantasies and deliberately provoke men to be forceful. So there is no one compartment into which all examples of forcible rape can be placed.

Men break into women's home at night, she never provoked him.[...]
That is one type of rapist. There are others.

my god, does leaving your car in the driveway "provoke" some asshole to steal it?[...]
That depends on how tempting and vulnerable it is left.

Do people "provoke" a murderer to kill them?[...]
Some do.

People who believe women who dress provocatively "ask" for it - then explain why babies are raped[...]
Different psychological category: Aggressive pedophile.

old women[...]
Aggressive gerontophile.

Aggressive mentally retarded men.

Opportunistic, aggressive gerontophiles who work in nursing homes.

I believe that to be true in many if not most ordinary cases of forcible rape but certainly not all. I'm sure there are men who are provoked by teasers and do something they would not normally do, just as there are women who have rape fantasies and deliberately provoke men to be forceful. So there is no one compartment into which all examples of forcible rape can be placed.

That is one type of rapist. There are others.

my god, does leaving your car in the driveway "provoke" some asshole to steal it?[...]
That depends on how tempting and vulnerable it is left.

Do people "provoke" a murderer to kill them?[...]
Some do.

All I can say to this uninformed tripe is, :cuckoo:
You need to actually study the rape issue before you comment on it and before you say the same about me, my wife's a psychologist, I read (and have read in the past) much of the scientific material on this subject and we've had recent discussions on this subject due to a couple of study papers she has presented for peer review.

Dressing like a slut is not asking for it. Getting off your head on alcohol or drugs is not asking for it. But, I have more sympathy for those who don't do these things and get raped. Woman should take responsibility for their actions as much as men.

Agreed on all counts.

BUT, getting out of your head on drugs or alcohol and saying yes, IS asking for it.

It ain't rape because you sober up and find him ugly.

True... but guys should be smart enough to recognize the 'buyers remorse' risk involved too.

I must say I'm pleased and impressed that the vast majority of posters in this thread are not knuckle-dragging troglodytes. That wasn't the case in the last thread of this kind I read somewhere else.

Most people here understand that rape is a manifestation of power and rage on a vulnerable target, and that dressing sexy to attract male attention is not code for "rape me now".

My faith in human kind has (mostly) been restored. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoojSYoZ-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Bait Car - No Luxe - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoojSYoZ-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Bait Car - No Luxe - YouTube[/ame]

Comparing any property crime of opportunity to rape is disingenuous at best, property thieves are almost never rapists unless the rapist or the culture views women as property.
The criminal mindset of both crimes is completely different.

Forum List

Back