Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
And therefore. The lesson isn't what she's wearing, it's where she is. Right? Because she could have just gotten done working out and be a veritable sludge bucket of sweat, but wrong place, wrong time, bad results.

You may find I have a very difficult time playing along on the "blame the victim" express.

The lesson is not for her.... the lesson is for the person doing the assaulting and raping.

No means no.
Assault is assault
Rape is rape.

Is she asking for it? Of course not.

Can you take steps to avoid it more? hell yeah.

if you are parading your body in front of people in a way that will entice and excite them, why on earth should anyone be shocked or even offended if someone gets enticed or excited?

Modesty is always the best policy.

It's like a robber blaming the bank for having money

No. I think it's more like the bank that doesn't provide security, doesn't lock up the money and puts a sign out front saying they have lots of money and no security being shocked when a robber comes. Is it the banks fault? No. But they could have done a heck of alot to have prevented it.

Myth: Rape is caused by lust or uncontrollable sexual urges and the need for sexual gratification.

Fact: Rape is an act of physical violence and domination that is not motivated by sexual gratification.

Myth: Once a man gets sexually aroused, he can't just stop.

Fact: Men do not physically need to have sex after becoming sexually excited. Moreover, they are still able to control themselves after becoming aroused.

Myth: Women often lie about rape or falsely accuse someone of rape.

Fact: Statistical studies indicate false reports make up 2% or less of the reported cases of sexual assault. This figure is approximately the same for other types of crimes. Only 1 out of 10 rapes are actually reported. Rapes by someone the victim knows are the least likely to be reported.

Myth: Women provoke sexual assault by their appearance. Sexual attractiveness is a primary reason why a rapist selects a victim.

Fact: Rapists do not select their victims by their appearance. They select victims who are vulnerable and accessible. Victims of sexual assault range in age groups from infants to the elderly. Sexual attractiveness is not an issue.

Myth: Sexual assault is a topic that only concerns women, and men do not have to be concerned about sexual assault.

Fact: According to recent rape crisis center statistics, men, both straight and gay, suffered 10% of the sexual assaults reported in the US last year. (Almost all were raped by other men.) In addition, men have wives, friends, sisters, mothers, and daughters who may someday need assistance in coping with sexual assault. Rape is a concern for everyone.

Rape Myths And Facts - Sexual Assault - Roger Williams University

We had the mother of all threads on another forum, so I thought I'd ask the same question here. When women dress provocatively, are they "asking for it."

If by "it" you mean rape, then no. Actually, hell no. rape is a crime of anger and hate, not lust. If it was, 70+ y/o women in gowns wouldn't get raped.

If by "it" you mean lots of attention, then yes. You put the buns and biskets in the window, you have to deal with everyone looking and commenting, not just the tall dark and handsome types.

We had the mother of all threads on another forum, so I thought I'd ask the same question here. When women dress provocatively, are they "asking for it."

If by "it" you mean rape, then no. Actually, hell no. rape is a crime of anger and hate, not lust. If it was, 70+ y/o women in gowns wouldn't get raped.

If by "it" you mean lots of attention, then yes. You put the buns and biskets in the window, you have to deal with everyone looking and commenting, not just the tall dark and handsome types.

They're looking for attention, and some believe that by doing so, they're yodeling "COME AND GET IT!! Dive right in boys, the water is FINE."

They're looking for attention, and some believe that by doing so, they're yodeling "COME AND GET IT!! Dive right in boys, the water is FINE."

There is thing called good attention and bad attention.....

If you put it out there expect to have it commented on.... touching however is a different matter... Pushing past the word NO .....again is another matter all together.

As i said... it depends on what you mean by "asking for it"

If you put on a spandex cat suit and stroll in front of a bunch of construction workers, you got no grounds to be upset when they start cat calling.

Anyone dresses a certain way, certain things are assumed. You dress to call attention, you must want attention.

rape is always a crime, and the woman is always the victim, even if she was wearing 2 band aides and a cork

If you put on a spandex cat suit and stroll in front of a bunch of construction workers, you got no grounds to be upset when they start cat calling.

Anyone dresses a certain way, certain things are assumed. You dress to call attention, you must want attention.

rape is always a crime, and the woman is always the victim, even if she was wearing 2 band aides and a cork

my husband is in construction......and it really doesnt take much to get cat called....its a construction site tradition....but i would admit you show up dress like a skank and then things could get interesting...unless one of the guys goes...shut the fuck up that's my wife lol

my husband is in construction......and it really doesnt take much to get cat called....its a construction site tradition....but i would admit you show up dress like a skank and then things could get interesting...unless one of the guys goes...shut the fuck up that's my wife lol

:lol:

Or a;

Dude! That's my mom.

Do construction workers still do that? I walked by a couple construction projects with a lady friend of mine who was quite slutty and none of those guys really said anything.

That is the purpose of advertisement is it not?

People who believe women who dress provocatively "ask" for it - then explain why babies are raped, old women, mentally retarded women, women in nursing homes who are bedridden. It has NOTHING to do with sex. It is power pure and simple. Men break into women's home at night, she never provoked him. my god, does leaving your car in the driveway "provoke" some asshole to steal it? Do people "provoke" a murderer to kill them? Usually it's the women who DO dress provocatively that are not raped -- it's the babies, old women, mentally retarded who are raped. A rapist want to think he's forcing you -- no fun if you are a willing participant.

That is the purpose of advertisement is it not?

Yes but the product is not free whenever you want, theres no such thing as a free lunch.

Forum List

Back