She makes Sarah Palin look smart

I see the defense of Sarah "Let Me Show You A Chart" Bachman and Sarah "I'm The Victim Here" Palin is still going strong.

...Interesting.

Why on Earth would anybody even think about thinking about proposing a freeze on VA medical spending with our Iraq and Afghanistan troops coming home needing care, and not just freezing but actually cutting VA disability benefits? I don't care if they're also getting social security, if they're getting VA disability they earned it the hard way. Cutting it isn't just insane, it's an insult.

I didn't serve. I have no, zero, zip problem paying for the benefits of those who did. None. If you want to save money cut the $500 hammers and a few of the 15 levels of paper pushing bureaucracy out of the Defense budget, leave the VA alone.

Why on Earth would anybody even think about thinking about proposing a freeze on VA medical spending with our Iraq and Afghanistan troops coming home needing care, and not just freezing but actually cutting VA disability benefits? I don't care if they're also getting social security, if they're getting VA disability they earned it the hard way. Cutting it isn't just insane, it's an insult.

I didn't serve. I have no, zero, zip problem paying for the benefits of those who did. None. If you want to save money cut the $500 hammers and a few of the 15 levels of paper pushing bureaucracy out of the Defense budget, leave the VA alone.

Right on. Good post.

I see the righties are just focused on ignoring this topic and posting idiotic nonsense to try to get the spotlight off Bachmann's terrible idea of cutting the VA. Typical.

The idiotic mouthings of these fools proves that Eisenhower's warning concerning the military-industrial complex was dead on. Cut the funding of our war machine back to a level neccessary for self defense. And use some of the money saved to spend more on the welfare of our Vets, especially those that have been wounded, whether physically or mentally. Look at the present suicide rate among our servicemen. It is a disgrace to our nation, and people like Bitchin' Bachmann would do everything in their power to make it worse.

The Conservatives would rather spend money to bomb other peoples babies, than spend money here at home for the health and welfare of our own children. They had no problem making war on a nation on the basis of lies, but cannot spare the money to guarentee every American child a reasonable chance to grow up healthy.

the adoration of idiots like Bachman and Palin by the far right proves over and over again that a lot of the far righ and the tea party are really reaching for teh lowest common denominator.

She thinks the founding fathers ended slavery. She said so in her Tea Party response to the State of the Union.

Wow.

If you really think about it, what they wrote in the Constitution DID end slavery, considering the Northern states interpreted the Constitution as saying that was unconstitutional. I'm not saying this lady is bright by any means, but you could construe what she said to be somewhat true. In the literal meaning of the statement, No, the FF did not issue the Emancipation Proclamation, but the word they wrote did lead to the eventual freedom for African Americans.

She thinks the founding fathers ended slavery. She said so in her Tea Party response to the State of the Union.

Wow.

If you really think about it, what they wrote in the Constitution DID end slavery, considering the Northern states interpreted the Constitution as saying that was unconstitutional. I'm not saying this lady is bright by any means, but you could construe what she said to be somewhat true. In the literal meaning of the statement, No, the FF did not issue the Emancipation Proclamation, but the word they wrote did lead to the eventual freedom for African Americans.

Really? The Constitution ended slavery? How exactly? Was it the part that mentioned Free Persons count as one Person and all other Persons count as 3/5 of a Person, in the count for Representation?

Can you tell me which words in the Constitution ended slavery please? Because the words I read, that were written by the founding fathers, made slaves less than a whole person, and I don't see how that ends slavery.

Rep. Michele Bachmann's proposal to freeze health care funding for veterans drew a sharp rebuke from veterans groups.

Veterans groups blast proposed tea party cuts

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Jan 28, 2011 16:20:26 EST

A proposal to cut $4.5 billion from Veterans Affairs Department health programs to reduce government spending has earned a quick, sharp rebuke from major veterans groups.

Proposed by Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., the freeze in veterans health care funding — along with a cut in disability compensation for veterans also receiving Social Security disability benefits — are part of a $400 billion package of spending cuts that the tea party leader says could be enacted to avoid increasing the $14.3 trillion cap on government borrowing.

Disabled American Veterans called Bachmann’s ideas “ill-advised,” “nothing short of heartless” and “wrong-headed.”

Veterans of Foreign Wars said she was “totally out of step with America’s commitment to our veterans.”

Veterans for Common Sense said they were “outraged” that her proposal “would leave veterans twisting in the wind.”

Veterans groups blast proposed tea party cuts - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

How does an idiot like this stay in office?

Using American soldiers and then throwing them under the bus? Sounds very Republican to me. I don't understand what the issue is.

Rep. Michele Bachmann's proposal to freeze health care funding for veterans drew a sharp rebuke from veterans groups.

Veterans groups blast proposed tea party cuts

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Jan 28, 2011 16:20:26 EST

A proposal to cut $4.5 billion from Veterans Affairs Department health programs to reduce government spending has earned a quick, sharp rebuke from major veterans groups.

Proposed by Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., the freeze in veterans health care funding — along with a cut in disability compensation for veterans also receiving Social Security disability benefits — are part of a $400 billion package of spending cuts that the tea party leader says could be enacted to avoid increasing the $14.3 trillion cap on government borrowing.

Disabled American Veterans called Bachmann’s ideas “ill-advised,” “nothing short of heartless” and “wrong-headed.”

Veterans of Foreign Wars said she was “totally out of step with America’s commitment to our veterans.”

Veterans for Common Sense said they were “outraged” that her proposal “would leave veterans twisting in the wind.”

Veterans groups blast proposed tea party cuts - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

How does an idiot like this stay in office?

Using American soldiers and then throwing them under the bus? Sounds very Republican to me. I don't understand what the issue is.

I just don't understand why, once a Republican voter sees this, they still vote for these horrible Republican politicians.

I don't get it.

Wow.

I think that the words written in the Declaration of Independence were far more influential in this regard. Something about "all men created equal".

I don't think anyone makes Sarah Palin look smart. Michelle Bachman is just a little different, not any less intelligent. A rock wouldn't make Sarah Palin look smart.

What is the intent of a full screen (unattractive) photo of a single female congressperson? To inspire hatred? Maybe violence toward republican women? Freedom of speech is one thing but the left wing war on republican woman is becoming unhinged. Take a break from Soros blogs for a while lefties. It might improve your mental outlook.

Textbook right wing fringe/Teabagger BS.

"...the left wing war on republican woman is becoming unhinged"

Palin and Bachmann make total fools of themselves almost on a daily basis, which means the 'left wing' is conducting war on these bimbos? Seriously?

And Soros? WTF? Did Bech or his butt buddy Hannity put the fear of Soros in ya, tiger?

Good gawd.......if roughly 20% of the country shares this twisted view of reality, this country's plain old fucked. Unreal.

I'm curious as to why liberal chicks especially despise conservative women? Is it because most are very attractive? Is it because they choose to nurture their own baby instead of slaughter it? I don't get it?

I'm curious as to why liberal chicks especially despise conservative women? Is it because most are very attractive? Is it because they choose to nurture their own baby instead of slaughter it? I don't get it?

Why do conservative women hate Liberals it because they are smarter? Is it because they choose to force their views on others and control people?
I dont get it.....

Game can be played both ways

I don't hate you ..;-) I don't see conservative women targeting liberal women and trying to personally destroy them. I'd like for you list any SANE examples of that Plaz.

Why do conservative women hate Liberals it because they are smarter? Is it because they choose to force their views on others and control people?
I dont get it.....

Game can be played both ways

I don't hate you ..;-) I don't see conservative women targeting liberal women and trying to personally destroy them. I'd like for you list any SANE examples of that Plaz.

well i am not a woman...
Um go into the romper room on here and look up a thread i think created by Mini 14 on Michelle Obama.

Or we could think back to the "other site" and the caption the photo threads....

I'll give you that. I don't know why some people have to stoop to personally attack Michelle Obama but you've never ONCE heard me or seen me engage in it. Far from it. I am the first to admire the grace in which she has represented the office of the First Lady. But that's just one Plaz..I'm not a Palin fan, at all but I don't see why it's necessary to try and rip her down personally.. some of the shit said is unbelievable. She receives daily death threats also. That just shouldn't be the case.

Women have deserved more opportunity in power positions than they've had in the past. We're at a tipping point, where they're starting to garner more and the time is soon or maybe even now.

When embarrassing pols represent poorly, it reflects on the whole gender and angers and frustrates women who know there's a lot better options. Palin and Bachman represent everything they don't want in female candidates for higher office. They don't bring anything to the table and pale in comparison to many others. The Democratic Party does not own intellect, but when comparing Hillary Clinton, Jennifer Granholm, and Claire McCaskill to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Jan Brewer, the Republicans look really, really bad.

Forum List

Back