She Made It Up! Mccain Supporter Lied!

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
kdka.com - McCain Campaign Volunteer Confessed To Making Up Story Of Attack

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Police sources tell KDKA that a campaign worker has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter "B" in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker.

Ashley Todd, 20, of Texas, initially told police that she was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield and that the suspect became enraged and started beating her after seeing her GOP sticker on her car.

Police investigating the alleged attack, however, began to notice some inconsistencies in her story and administered a polygraph test.

Authorities, however, declined to release the results of that test.

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

According to police, investigators working on the interview process detected several inconsistencies in Todd's story that differed from statements made in the original police report.

Pittsburgh Police Public Information Officer Diane Richard released a statement earlier today, saying: "Because of the inconsistencies in her statements, Ms. Todd was asked to submit to a polygraph examination which she agreed to do."

No photos of Todd are being released by Pittsburgh Police at this time.

The investigation is continuing as officials determine what charges will be filed.

I had not heard that.

Maybe she can use that fact in her defense as being insane?

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Police sources tell KDKA that a campaign worker has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter "B" in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker.

Ashley Todd, 20, of Texas, initially told police that she was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield and that the suspect became enraged and started beating her after seeing her GOP sticker on her car.

Police investigating the alleged attack, however, began to notice some inconsistencies in her story and administered a polygraph test.

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

According to police, investigators working on the interview process detected several inconsistencies in Todd's story that differed from statements made in the original police report.

Pittsburgh Police Public Information Officer Diane Richard released a statement earlier today, saying: "Because of the inconsistencies in her statements, Ms. Todd was asked to submit to a polygraph examination which she agreed to do."

The investigation is continuing as officials determine what charges will be filed.

Oh my God! No wonder the "B" was backwards. Too Funny!

I saw this morning and had a feeling it was crap! That is like in my area someone had a rock thrown on their windsheild and they blamed an obama supporter because they were near the Obama office. They didn't see who did it or what but of course they blamed an Obama supporter because the office was a block away and they have a sticker for McCain on their car!

Once again a sensational story which attempts to cast the Obama campaign or Obama supporters has proven to be a complete fabrication. I've said many times that there are crazy people and people of poor character represented on both sides, but why is it that this sort of intentional fabrication of a story seems more common on right wing media outlets? Is this part of creating a reality you want rather than dealing with the reality there? I think sometimes committed far right ideologues have an idea in their mind about the reality of a situation and if they can't find evidence to support it, rather than reconsider their view, just create the evidence to prove that it's true to other people. They don't feel guilty, because they honestly believe that it reflects reality and the evidence was just elusive. Maybe that happens on the far left as well, and I'm just not as familiar with it. In either case, I hope clear thinking people- right, left, or center- will spread the word that you do not shape evidence to fit your world view, you allow evidence to shape your world view.

Police: Woman With 'B' Scratched In Face Faked Political Attack

Bloomfield ATM Robbery At Knifepoint Was Made Up, Police Say

POSTED: 4:03 pm EDT October 23, 2008
UPDATED: 3:05 pm EDT October 24, 2008

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh police said a 20-year-old woman who originally said she was robbed and assaulted at knifepoint in Bloomfield because of her political views made the story up.

Ashley Todd -- who has a backward letter "B" scratched into her right cheek -- confessed to faking the story and will be charged with filing a false report, Assistant Police Chief Maurita Bryant said at a news conference Friday.

Todd, of College Station, Texas, admitted there was no robbery or attacker and said she had prior mental health problems, according to Bryant.

It's not yet clear whether Todd's face was mutilated by her, or if she had somebody else do it, because a police report states that she told them she can't remember.

Todd said she was driving around in her car, looked in her rear-view mirror, saw a "B," and the first thing she thought of was Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama, according to a police report obtained by WTAE Channel 4 Action News.

Police: Woman With 'B' Scratched In Face Faked Political Attack - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

The "B" was backwards - done in a mirror and not compensating for a reverse image.....

This young woman needs some real help.

Last edited:
Once again a sensational story which attempts to cast the Obama campaign or Obama supporters has proven to be a complete fabrication. I've said many times that there are crazy people and people of poor character represented on both sides, but why is it that this sort of intentional fabrication of a story seems more common on right wing media outlets? Is this part of creating a reality you want rather than dealing with the reality there? I think sometimes committed far right ideologues have an idea in their mind about the reality of a situation and if they can't find evidence to support it, rather than reconsider their view, just create the evidence to prove that it's true to other people. They don't feel guilty, because they honestly believe that it reflects reality and the evidence was just elusive. Maybe that happens on the far left as well, and I'm just not as familiar with it. In either case, I hope clear thinking people- right, left, or center- will spread the word that you do not shape evidence to fit your world view, you allow evidence to shape your world view.

And yet your side does it all the time. Remind us how loving they are when they slash tires of cars to haul voters to the election? Or when they lie and get badges for a republican Convention so they can cause havoc and mayhem? Or when they destroy campaign offices and trash the building with graffiti after destroying property.

I could go on. But of course that is just different.

And yet your side does it all the time. Remind us how loving they are when they slash tires of cars to haul voters to the election? Or when they lie and get badges for a republican Convention so they can cause havoc and mayhem? Or when they destroy campaign offices and trash the building with graffiti after destroying property.

Both side should stop the crap! People forget we are all Americans and we have the right to vote for whoever we want.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I haven't heard these stories of liberals slashing the tires of vehicles taking people to vote, or trashing campaign offices. Anyone have a link?

Forum List

Back