She cried rape — and no one helped

I hate the bystandard effect! I'm not one of those kinds of people. I'm the one guy who will step out from the crowd and speak up.

Remember Jodie Foster & the Accused? I would have smashed the back of every guys head in that bar that was cheering. OMG, that is one f'ed up scene.

Yes I may be a "pig" Willow, but as a liberal, I am also very much against hurting other people and/or animals.

But yes, I am a vulgar pig. I'm sorry if it offended you. Actually, I don't believe it really did bother you that much. You were just trying to get me in trouble. But if it did bother you, sorry kiddo. I went too far.

Jeezzzz Sealy. I had no Idea you were the hero type. I feel like you deserve a medal...sort of a deposit...you just stay at the ready and when the opportunity presents itself I'm sure the award will have been well invested.

I hate the bystandard effect! I'm not one of those kinds of people. I'm the one guy who will step out from the crowd and speak up.

Remember Jodie Foster & the Accused? I would have smashed the back of every guys head in that bar that was cheering. OMG, that is one f'ed up scene.

Yes I may be a "pig" Willow, but as a liberal, I am also very much against hurting other people and/or animals.

But yes, I am a vulgar pig. I'm sorry if it offended you. Actually, I don't believe it really did bother you that much. You were just trying to get me in trouble. But if it did bother you, sorry kiddo. I went too far.

Jeezzzz Sealy. I had no Idea you were the hero type. I feel like you deserve a medal...sort of a deposit...you just stay at the ready and when the opportunity presents itself I'm sure the award will have been well invested.

I'm a compassionate pig. :lol:

If it were a privately operated establishment and a the owner did nothing to stop it they would ahev been held liable. As far as public sites such as this goes there should be someone there with the power and authority to protect the citizen.

It was just last month a few posters were saying how safe the subway is. That is as bad as saying all highway rest stops are safe places and obviously there not.

Fox News Reported this morning the Judge threw her case out of court. "There is no duty to help"
That is not entirely accurate. The Clerk and the conductor had a duty to contact the police and that is what they did. You never know what was going through their heads and they definitely didn't think creative or quickly by just waiting for the police!

They are definitely cowards no doubt. Getting out of the booth and yelling "I contacted the police and they are 2 minutes away, you better run, would have been much better."

I usually look down on liberal "soft" judges, but in this case I don't think the judge got it entirely wrong.

And that is why I say every American should arm themselves and know how to protect themselves. The cops and the courts aren't going to do it.
Look, during the Wild West carrying load guns was legal! Murder rates were the highest ever in this country. I don't think its a good idea to arm everyone. If carrying load weapons were legal, then robbery, gang violence, mass-murder would be much easier, guaranteed!

I heard the same arguments after VT mass-murder! People said if the students were able to carry guns problem solved? I don't buy it. What I buy is that more killing would happen. Instead of 2 kids settling an argument with their fist they would settle them with their guns. When one kid might have walked away, now he stays and shoots. I don't believe in arming everyone to shot random acts of terror and mass-murder.

However, I think a possible solution would be to arm a few workers. In VT say you give the teachers the option of arming! What if they allowed the conductor to arm himself and same with the clerk. They could give training and a code of conduct when engaging suspects. Even have some signs that the clerks and conductors are packing!

But I don't think a knee-jerk reaction of allowing everyone to carry guns anywhere is a good reaction.

Well, GHook I read your entire opinion and while I respect your opinion I can safely say The cops and the courts and GHook are of no help. In an emergency arm yourself and know how to protect yourself is the best advice so far.

Just get a gun girls. and know how to use it. nobody is going to help you but you.
It took me living out in the country to realize that I'm on my own to protect our house and family. Heck the EMT/Police response time to my house is 16 minutes. That is a long time when you are in need of them.

Protecting your home and family at your home with guns is more than reasonable. Heck I do it! However, that is much different than letting people bring concealed weapons into public places. In fact that would be outright reckless!

Just get a gun girls. and know how to use it. nobody is going to help you but you.
It took me living out in the country to realize that I'm on my own to protect our house and family. Heck the EMT/Police response time to my house is 16 minutes. That is a long time when you are in need of them.

Protecting your home and family at your home with guns is more than reasonable. Heck I do it! However, that is much different than letting people bring concealed weapons into public places. In fact that would be outright reckless!
Ghook every gun owner I know respect and know how to use their gun. You however make it sound like it would be the shootout at the OK corral.

A gun at home will do you no good while you are being raped at the turnstyle. neither will the two workers watching it happen, neither will the court who threw the case out. Girls carry a gun and know how to use it. Nobodys seems to want to help you. So, you have to look out for yourself.

Okay, then I concede that your area may have an actual increase in percentages (like Seattle has for the same reasons).

Um, I live in Federal Way....just south of Seattle. Most people even in Seattle had never heard of it until a few years ago when our crimes started going up. Now we're on the news almost every night.

*blush* Helps if I look at the "location" part of the bio doesn't it?

Don't worry about it, maybe one day we'll meet for lunch, might be fun.

What if you were in prison and 3 of the biggest bull dykes were raping another prisoner. Would you get involved knowing that you would be making three enemies? Would you get involved if you knew they'd most likely target you next?

I think most people don't speak up because they are afraid, not bad.

Yeah, I'm just that stupid and idealistic.

And I can take a lot of abuse. So... yeah.

I don't know I bet most of us would be too shocked to consider jumping in.

On a related note I saw a video on youtube (that I can't find right now) that was imitating the game hitman.

What they basically did was have a guy come out in a suit wrap a wire around another guy's neck in public (the other guy was with the crew) drag him away with him protesting and then the guy in the suit would show up a bit later wearing the other guy's clothes (in the game this would be the equivalent of taking a disguise but it's not usually done in public).

Anyway they did this several times all in public with small crowds of people nearby (one of it was done in a movie theater lobby IIRC) and no one did ANYTHING.

Did anyone see anything? I can be blind in public. Once, when I was living in Mexico, my friend and I were walking down the street talking and this idiot on a bicycle rode by, showing himself to us, my friend saw, I didn't. Guess he really wanted me to see because he rode around the block and did it again, still I missed it. On the third time around, he fell. THEN I noticed and my friend and I both had a good laugh.

A gun at home will do you no good while you are being raped at the turnstyle. neither will the two workers watching it happen, neither will the court who threw the case out. Girls carry a gun and know how to use it. Nobodys seems to want to help you. So, you have to look out for yourself.

Take a self defense course, read a book on self defense, there are ways to save yourself without a gun. As someone said, a key can be used as a weapon, heck stab the guy in the eye with a pen and run. A book I read years ago advised girls to wear girdles. The man has to get it off and he's gonna need both hands, when he puts down his weapon, there's your opening.

The two men were cowards. I can understand one not wanting to get involved, but TWO? Heck, if I'd been there, I'd have gotten involved and I'm an old lady. I've known old ladies that put bricks in their handbags so they can hit an attacker. Think I'll start doing that.

On a related note I saw a video on youtube (that I can't find right now) that was imitating the game hitman.

What they basically did was have a guy come out in a suit wrap a wire around another guy's neck in public (the other guy was with the crew) drag him away with him protesting and then the guy in the suit would show up a bit later wearing the other guy's clothes (in the game this would be the equivalent of taking a disguise but it's not usually done in public).

Anyway they did this several times all in public with small crowds of people nearby (one of it was done in a movie theater lobby IIRC) and no one did ANYTHING.

Did anyone see anything? I can be blind in public. Once, when I was living in Mexico, my friend and I were walking down the street talking and this idiot on a bicycle rode by, showing himself to us, my friend saw, I didn't. Guess he really wanted me to see because he rode around the block and did it again, still I missed it. On the third time around, he fell. THEN I noticed and my friend and I both had a good laugh.

I don't remember it to well but I think a couple people were looking straight at them when it happened.

The guy wasn't silent when he was being dragged away but he wasn't screaming.

That's a really sad commentary on our society.

I was at this party once and a band was playing. my friends little bro was the drummer. Anyway, these white power dickheads showed up and started hassling him cos how he had his Docs laced. They started pushing him and stuff and no one would do anything. I just threw myself into it. I got hit a couple times but after some people saw how it was going they jumped ina nd things got diffused but I don't regret it at all. I can take a punch or 3, who cares if the greater good is served? I've never been beat up so bad I didn't recover. Who thinks a little physical discomfort is more important than doing what's right? I sure don't. And if you somehow ended up dead cos you did the right thing what do you think God would say to you??? It'd be high fives all around and who doesn't want God to give 'em a high five??? Think about it, srsrly.

Dang Amanda, it says I have to spread it around before I give you more rep. I'm right there with you girl.

I lived in the city, NE Tacoma. A cat was shot in broad daylight right in front of my house and just feet away from where my son and the neighbor's daughter were playing. We called the cops, they NEVER showed. 3 days later, after we finally buried the cat, animal control showed up.

When I got a call saying my husband was kidnapped, I had the neighbors call the police to trace the call and I kept the a**hole on the line as long as possible. Finally, when he hung up, the cops called to find out what was happening, I asked if they traced the call, they didn't even try. Fortunately, it was a hoax, and the cops KNEW it was a hoax. They should have at the very least, broken into my conversation to tell me it was a hoax so I wouldn't have had to go through that much emotional trauma. Then the cops showed up at my door and the first thing out of their mouths was "We can't do anything about it, but tell us what happened anyway.

Never depend on the cops for ANYTHING!!!

Ghook every gun owner I know respect and know how to use their gun. You however make it sound like it would be the shootout at the OK corral.

Yes that is the way I see it! If students were allowed to carry guns as highschool and college, I would say we would see 100 fold more young people killed by guns. If we allowed guns in public places, I would say we would see 100 fold more shooting, robberies and innocent bystanders hit by stray bullets! But this is only my opinion I could be wrong (but not bloody likely)!

A gun at home will do you no good while you are being raped at the turnstyle. neither will the two workers watching it happen,
True, but I still don't think it should go to the extreme by allowing people to carry guns where-ever they please. This young women says she was on her way home from grad school. That means in order for her to have a gun she would have to had had it at school. Do you really thing it would be a good idea to have so many guns at school? I just don't see that as reasonable. Most rapes occur in after hours and many occur when people are on the way home from a bar. That means you would be advocating allowing people to bring guns into bars and get smashed and then leave. I am not so sure that is too save. What would we have to do next have a gun check, just like we have coat checks? Here is my red fox fur coat and her is my Colt 45! Not sure I want drunk be in public fully loaded.

I honestly think you will see more perpetrators with guns and more victims without them!

But I do have a solution. Schools: Have armed securities guards and allow the teachers to pack (after they pass a throughout psych-exam every semester).
At Subways: Allow the clerks to pack, more security guards. and Help buttom, where hitting it allows red lights to flash, a loud alarm and the police to be alerted!

neither will the court who threw the case out.
They tossed out the lawsuit. I don't think they were that wrong, and I hate leftist activist judges!

People loved the taser gun. They said it was great non-lethal protection. The only problem is the criminals discovered that it was also a great tool to commit crime (mainly robbery and rape) with!

I know that posting this would revive a dead topic but I found the hitman video I was referencing earlier and so here it is in all it's glory.

[youtube]MoL44h91_QI[/youtube]

Infamous....

What if you were in prison and 3 of the biggest bull dykes were raping another prisoner. Would you get involved knowing that you would be making three enemies? Would you get involved if you knew they'd most likely target you next?

I think most people don't speak up because they are afraid, not bad.

Not a valid compare, as prison is a closed system and the streets are not

kill one of the bastards and the others will flee. There were 2 of them and one guy attacking her

The should've had an eagle's claw- if you castrate him, he will stop, yes?

does no good when she's grabbed from behind. Carry a knife, too

Yes that is the way I see it! If students were allowed to carry guns as highschool and college, I would say we would see 100 fold more young people killed by guns. If we allowed guns in public places, I would say we would see 100 fold more shooting, robberies and innocent bystanders hit by stray bullets! But this is only my opinion I could be wrong (but not bloody likely)!

^Wrong

Guess what: the people who commit the crimes- just ignore the laws. Only the victims obey the rules and don't have guns

Speaking of knives, I carry a dagger in plain view, and know how to use it. But thanks to all those "anti-gun" morons no one ever suspects that it can kill you even faster.

Well, learning to correctly use a dagger is a bit more difficult than learning to correctly use a gun, although a knife can be superior to a gun in certain situations.

I think the underlying problem is that the level of agression you see in humans is biologically appropriate for a species that has difficulties in killing each other (something most people would have in unarmed combat) it is not suited to a race that can kill by pulling a trigger.

New Topics

Forum List

Back