Shaun of the Dead

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Really great movie, I was surprised that there were actually some really well-done horror moments as well as really hearfelt dramatic moments in there as well. It's not the screwball comedy the previews make it out to be (not after the first half hour or so, anyway). Much of the humor is very... British. And, no, I have no way to describe that, it was a blanket, stereotypical statement, but I stand by it. Anyone who's seen a few British comedies knows their style of humor is a little different than ours in a sort of indescribable way.

Anyway, yeah, great film all around, highly reccommended. And there was a really inside reference to 28 Days Later, I got a kick out of that.

SPOILER WARNING

Yeah, the ending was pretty funny, but I hated to see Ed die, he was my favorite character.

Eeek. It was an awful movie.

What did you find awful about it? I guess if I didn't know anything about it going in, I might've been a bit put off, but for a movie that bills itself as "A romantic comedy. With zombies." I felt it delivered pretty well on what was expected. What didn't you like? Just wonderin'.

Dan said:
What did you find awful about it? I guess if I didn't know anything about it going in, I might've been a bit put off, but for a movie that bills itself as "A romantic comedy. With zombies." I felt it delivered pretty well on what was expected. What didn't you like? Just wonderin'.

I'm more for a bit more realism in a movie.. To me, that one ranked right up there with Army Of Darkness. Some of the lines were amusing, (I actually "get" the dry wit of the British) but overall, I didn't like it, and am glad I only paid nothing to rent it (gift card) :)

I'm more for a bit more realism in a movie..

Well, that explains it. No offense, but why on earth would you watch this movie if you're into realism in movies?

To me, that one ranked right up there with Army Of Darkness.

I would agree with this. Thought for me, it's a good thing to be ranked with Army of Darkness.

Dan said:
Well, that explains it. No offense, but why on earth would you watch this movie if you're into realism in movies?

Because someone asked. Nicely. :)

Being a fan of resident evil games and Army of Darkness, this movie was funny as hell. I love the non chalant way they go about there lives while all the mayhem happens around them unti lthey realize it. And yes the part where the annoying guy gets ripped apart is pretty gruesome.

Forum List

Back