Shattering the Myth that the Tea Party is Dead

While I agreed with Paul on more issues than not, he was no Reagan conservative my any measure, in fact he denounced Reagan as too moderate.

Reagan was a conservative?

Holy shit. I cant deal with people on this site who think that the GOP and my personal ideological hero isnt a conservative.. Are you kidding me?

He did not overspend and shrunk the government?

Percentage wise he increased the debt more than Obama.

Raised SS withholding too much and gave congress about 2 trillion in surplus to spend.

Last edited:

Holy shit. I cant deal with people on this site who think that the GOP and my personal ideological hero isnt a conservative.. Are you kidding me?

He increased mitlitary spending (Conservative value) which is what increased the debt. The highest tax rate was around 70% and he brought it down to about 28%, which increased revenue to the treasury by 19%. During his presidency, 15 million jobs were created and unemployment went from 7.1% to 5.5%.

He tried to cut spending as well, but congress is in charge of spending and they blocked all efforts to cut anything.

While I agreed with Paul on more issues than not, he was no Reagan conservative my any measure, in fact he denounced Reagan as too moderate.

generally speaking, conservatives aren't big on deficit spending.

reagan was every bit as conservative as obama is marxist.

he talked a good game, though.

:eusa_shhh:

He increased mitlitary spending (Conservative value) which is what increased the debt. The highest tax rate was around 70% and he brought it down to about 28%, which increased revenue to the treasury by 19%. During his presidency, 15 million jobs were created and unemployment went from 7.1% to 5.5%.

He tried to cut spending as well, but congress is in charge of spending and they blocked all efforts to cut anything.

you know less about history than you do about politics

kudos

kudos

My senior thesis (30 pages long) is on the United States government and its role post ww II to 1989.. You tell me what I know about History my man

kudos

My senior thesis (30 pages long) is on the United States government and its role post ww II to 1989.. You tell me what I know about History my man

i'm not your man, and if you use the right grade of paper, your senior thesis would be adequate for wiping my bum.

i believe starbuck's is hiring, my man.

best scoot your ignorant ass down there and apply before the real heavy hitter french literature majors steal a march on you.

bon chance, herodotus

kudos

i'm not your man, and if you use the right grade of paper, your senior thesis would be adequate for wiping my bum.

best scoot your ignorant ass down there and apply before the real heavy hitter french literature majors steal a march on you.

bon chance, herodotus

HAHAHA. I am waiting on my law school acceptance letters that are in the bag. I really have nothing more to say than that, and my paper was an A-.. not to shabby, huh? That insult sure backfired, didnt it? I dont need to resort to insults because I dont know you.. maybe you have your Phd in hist, butt im guessing you dont. So dont insult me having no clue what my actual credentials are

bon chance, herodotus

HAHAHA. I am waiting on my law school acceptance letters that are in the bag. I really have nothing more to say than that, and my paper was an A-.. not to shabby, huh? That insult sure backfired, didnt it? I dont need to resort to insults because I dont know you.. maybe you have your Phd in hist, butt im guessing you dont. So dont insult me having no clue what my actual credentials are

how long were you a member of seal team 6?

bon chance, herodotus

What does that have anything to do with what we are talking about?

Citizen was just yanking your chain, but he is a good guy liberal, not a fucking neoMarxist fucktard like Joeblowme or Starkey the Liar. Those last two are just keyboard-trained monkeys disguised as internet personalities.

I dont know, but it seems to me he ispointing out that over the intgernet people can claim to be just about anything; so claiming to be an expert or to know what you are talking about has to be based on your command of the relevant facts and a rational ability to chain those facts together into a lucid argument or perspective.

That's all.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I dont know, but it seems to me he ispointing out that over the intgernet people can claim to be just about anything; so claiming to be an expert or to know what you are talking about has to be based on your command of the relevant facts and a rational ability to chain those facts together into a lucid argument or perspective.

That's all.

gotcha on the first part. Im not pretending to be anyone I want to be.. If I was I'd do a helluva lot better than a college senior going into debt up to his head, its not a pretty lifetyle (Kinda sucks) I am no expert, just trying to use the knowledge leaned from a paper to respond to a comment. I did refrence the paper for the facts though..Cant remember everything these damn profs shove down my throat.

That's all.

gotcha on the first part. Im not pretending to be anyone I want to be.. If I was I'd do a helluva lot better than a college senior going into debt up to his head, its not a pretty lifetyle (Kinda sucks) I am no expert, just trying to use the knowledge leaned from a paper to respond to a comment. I did refrence the paper for the facts though..Cant remember everything these damn profs shove down my throat.

Yeah, I hear you. If I was going to pose as a fake internet dude, it would not be a fat, old, diabetic red head (there's millions of those already), but my 5 years in the infantry and my various experiences working jobs to support my family as I took 17 years to finish my degree, all that has learnt me a few lessons, lol.

As to your claims, dell has a point, you have to demonstrate what you know, but a second point he implied (intending to or not) is that your description of yourself is comparable to claiming to be on seal team six. So if you're telling the truth, Merry Christmas, he just gave you about the best damned compliment I can imagine.

Last edited:

That's all.

Yeah, I hear you. If I was going to pose as a fake internet dude, it would not be a fat, old, diabetic red head (there's millions of those already), but my 5 years in the infantry and my various experiences working jobs to support my family as I took 17 years to finish my degree, all that has learnt me a few lessons, lol.

As to your claims, dell has a point, you have to demonstrate what you know, but a second point he implied (intending to or not) is that your description of yourself is comparable to claiming to be on seal team six. So if you're telling the truth, Merry Christmas, he just gave you about the best damned compliment I can imagine.

Trust me sir, I have no bussiness being placed in the catagory of you or any member of the military as it regards to experience. If it was a compliment I thank him, I didnt get where I am right now asking for anything from anyone. Im just looking for a good conversation to kill some time on my break. Merry Christmas to you too

Last edited:

He campaigned as one, though his deeds scarcely lived up to the rhetoric....Which is pretty much my point.

which point was that?

Sincerity wins, not who can be the squishiest most gutless "moderate" you can be.

this one? or a different one? do you actually have a point?

Forum List

Back