Sharron Angle's Economic Plan

It worked for Harding and Coolidge, your fundamental ignorance notwithstanding.

Einstein said e=mc^2, yo how's dat supposed ta work?

LOL

Yes, up to the point they stuck Hoover and the rest of the world with the Great Depression

"Prosperity is just around the corner"

Comparisons are useless of today's economy to an economy where you had defense spending at a little over 1% of GDP, you had a trade surplus, a growing manufacturing sector, and very little interest on the debt to pay annually.

How about comparing the ecomomy since Harry Reid's been Senator with the economy with Angle as senator?

The fastest way to get the economy moving again is to cut spending, pay back the national debt, and make permanent the Bush Tax Cuts which are due to expire in just a few months.

That is right from her own Issues page.

How would that work, exactly? I mean, how would that get the economy moving?

Issues | Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate

I donno.

What I do know is that Harry Reid was has had a front row seat for at least the past 4 years while the economy went over Franken's 2000 foot cliff

Last edited:
It worked for Harding and Coolidge, your fundamental ignorance notwithstanding.

Einstein said e=mc^2, yo how's dat supposed ta work?

dumb

Funniest things I've ever seen in my life:

Monthy Python and the Holy Grail
Woody Allen's Sleepers
The last 5 minutes of Dr. Strangelove
My brother doing an unintentional Superman imitation on a swing
any of rdean's posts.

Man you need to get a life.

I hope angle wins.
Nevada deserves her.

the state which pretty much exists becuase of Hoover dam and such taxpayer funded projects.

I hope angle wins.
Nevada deserves her.

the state which pretty much exists becuase of Hoover dam and such taxpayer funded projects.

I'm pretty sure Federal Income from Las Vegas has bought the Hoover Dam more than a few times.

Perhaps.

Link?

What do I get as a prize?

A slice of your homegrown lasagne?

And I don't want a slice from one of those Huge fucking overgrown lasagnes. I want it from a young, tender lasagne.

The idea that if gov't gets out of the way people will naturally work and create wealth is anathema to them..

OK, try again. How is government in the way of people? I hear you saying that like a mantra, a rushki chant, a cadence, so break loose dude and explain yourself.

Last edited:
I hope angle wins.
Nevada deserves her.

I'm pretty sure Federal Income from Las Vegas has bought the Hoover Dam more than a few times.

Nope, not so. The Hoover & Boulder are goverment run businesses, and the damns were paid by selling power from those sources. You are correct, they have paid for themselves many times over, showing government has the ability to run businesses as well as any private source, with close to a hundred years of experience.

interesting
The Hoover Dam by David Moore

I hope angle wins.
Nevada deserves her.

Nope, not so. The Hoover & Boulder are goverment run businesses, and the damns were paid by selling power from those sources. You are correct, they have paid for themselves many times over, showing government has the ability to run businesses as well as any private source, with close to a hundred years of experience.

interesting
The Hoover Dam by David Moore

Yes;

The dam provided over 2 million kilowatts of energy to expand the nation’s economy in the West and became a vital factor in World War II. By 1976 (40 years of operation) the project had grossed $378 million representing a return to Uncle Sam of over $202 million, an excellent business venture of the Bureau by any standard. In 1986 the project was stamped "paid," but it continues to produce millions for the government coffers.

Someone noted that the cost of Hoover/Boulder Dam was "only" $49,000,000. I would note that you have to consider that this dollar value is in 1931 dollars. In 2010 dollars that would be like $700,000,000.

Carry on.

The TVA projects were vital to the war effort as well.
The electricity generated was used to purify the uranium for thr 2 atomic bombs and Alcoa aluminum made aluminum for airplanes and such.

Also hydro projects in the NW also generated electricity for alum production and the formation of Boeing.

These projects also created a LOT of jobs when we needed them bad.

but what I hear from the right is how much money FDR wasted. and how bad the new deal and WPA, etc was.

Can't you guys make up your mind? Or had Fox not told you what to say on this yet?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back