Sharron Angle's Economic Plan

It's really pretty simple. We can't afford the liberal agenda. We don't want the liberal agenda. It's being rejected.

Setting aside your false blame of this on liberals,

let's agree, no, we can't afford it. But why is Sharron Angle trying to sell austerity, which essentially is what she's proposing,

as an economic stimulus program? If you're living beyond your means, then it's that living that has to suffer, has to sacrifice.

If jobs exist that only exist because the government is borrowing money to finance them, then those jobs represent living beyond our means. So, okay, you get rid of them.

Where do those people work then? What does Sharron Angle's 'stimulus program' do with those people?

Last edited:
The fastest way to get the economy moving again is to cut spending, pay back the national debt, and make permanent the Bush Tax Cuts which are due to expire in just a few months.

That is right from her own Issues page.

How would that work, exactly? I mean, how would that get the economy moving?

Issues | Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

I think we should spend a trillion dollars to assure that unemployment stays below 8%. Then we should set in motion an array of penalties to force businesses to cancel their health insurance plans. Then we should cancel the tax cuts effectively raise taxes by 5% during a recession.

If all of that doesn't work, we should propose and pass a complex and punitive system of taxes and penalties on anyone who uses any form of fossil fuels.

Finally, we need to take half of the value of anything owned by anyone upon their death and penalize the inheritors if they try to keep it.

Once we have done those things, the economy will be ginning right along.

Angle must be nuts!

Last edited:
Where is this historical evidence of it working?

read a history book, study economics..... or just use your brain.

Wait.... that was assuming you had one to begin with.

Where does Sharron Angle get enough cuts in government spending to produce a surplus vs. our current and projected deficits,

without touching defense (which she actually wants to increase so there's even more added to the spending) or S.S., which she now claims she wants to protect, and without any increase in revenues?

Specifically, please.

If I'm the guy at the top, I roll back the government spending to a level that is managable. It's up to the department heads to get it done. If they are not morons, big if, they should be able to do it.

If the unions there are like the unions elsewhere, they would prefer to see 10% of their membership unemployed than to reduce their employee expense across the board. Great brotherhood there.

Then a spending freeze. We are in tough times, people. The only segment of this society that is growing is the Federal Public Sector. What might we gleen from this? It's time to pull the plug on this gravy train.

Reagan fired the air traffic controllers when they wouldn't fall in line with the program. Don't you wish our current guy at the top would grow a pair and knock some heads together instead of just blowing the party bosses?

Where is this historical evidence of it working?

read a history book, study economics..... or just use your brain.

Wait.... that was assuming you had one to begin with.

Where does Sharron Angle get enough cuts in government spending to produce a surplus vs. our current and projected deficits,
without touching defense (which she actually wants to increase so there's even more added to the spending) or S.S., which she now claims she wants to protect, and without any increase in revenues?

Specifically, please.

Well, let's see...

The Government run Healthcare insurance Reform seems to be costing more on a daily basis and doing less. Scraping that might be a good first step. 1.5 trillion saved in the next 10 years. Cutting the entire Federal Budget by 10% from the levels of 2007 would be a good second step. 3 trillion saved in the next 2 years.

Increasing the Social Security retirement age by one month from current for every year that passes for those age 50 or younger would be a good third step. Immediately extend the Social Security tax through the last dollar earned and not stop at the current top end limit of earnings. Social Security is sovent past the year 2100.

Just saying that something is impossible so we just have to die is not a solution. What we need is a little courage out of our leaders and a little courage out of ourselves.

I, for one, am just a little sick and tired of the whining, moaning, defeatist fatalists who never have a good idea and never want to have to have a tough choice to make. Life is filled with tough choices and mommy won't always be there to give you a cookie.

The fastest way to get the economy moving again is to cut spending, pay back the national debt, and make permanent the Bush Tax Cuts which are due to expire in just a few months.

That is right from her own Issues page.

How would that work, exactly? I mean, how would that get the economy moving?

Issues | Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

I think we should spend a trillion dollars to assure that unemployment stays below 8%. Then we should set in motion an array of penalties to force businesses to cancel their health insurance plans. Then we should cancel the tax cuts effectively raise taxes by 5% during a recession.

If all of that doesn't work, we should propose and pass a complex and punitive system of taxes and penalties on anyone who uses any form of fossil fuels.

Finally, we need to take half of the value of anything owned by anyone upon their death and penalize the inheritors if they try to keep it.

Once we have done those things, the economy will be ginning right along.

Angle must be nuts!

You did everything but address the single theme of the thread.

How does Sharron Angle's plan to cut spending sufficiently not only to wipe out the deficit, but to also start paying down our debt

get the economy moving again.

In her own words she says that is the FASTEST way to get the economy moving again.

I say that's nonsense.

Of course it's nonsense but don't expect the righties to give you any details. They aren't trained to actually think about the nuts and bolts of governing.

Repeat the trained lines.

It's all they know.

It worked for Harding and Coolidge, your fundamental ignorance notwithstanding.

Einstein said e=mc^2, yo how's dat supposed ta work?

In other words, you can't specify how it would work.

To significantly reduce the size of government and government spending - setting aside the merits of that -

you would have to put tens of thousands of Americans out of work. It's inevitable. Not just government employees per se, but private sector employees who work for companies that do significant amounts (or any amount for that matter) of business with the government.

Let's pretend they actually did that. They (as in the Angles of the world) actually did accomplish a massive reduction in government. Now all of those people as described above are ALSO out of work, on top of the current situation.

How does that get the economy moving? Because that is what Sharron Angle is claiming it would do.

Tens of thousands out of work? Fuck, Obama does that to the private sector every 2 days

Of course it's nonsense but don't expect the righties to give you any details. They aren't trained to actually think about the nuts and bolts of governing.

Repeat the trained lines.

It's all they know.

LOL! I love it! It's Liability posting as a Lib, right?

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing, this is some of the funniest stuff I've ever read on here

dumb

Funniest things I've ever seen in my life:

Monthy Python and the Holy Grail
Woody Allen's Sleepers
The last 5 minutes of Dr. Strangelove
My brother doing an unintentional Superman imitation on a swing
any of rdean's posts.

Hey dummy.... you have ANY proof of what you are claiming?

Lay off government worker = cut spending = unemployed government worker = $welfare $unemployment $Lost homes $Lost cars $Lost production and lack of support of American taxpayers

The gov't does'nt create jobs.... the privater sector does. If you tax that sector to death, how is that supposed to help grow the economy?

Government workers = government jobs
Private workers = private jobs

Cutting government jobs = cutting private contract workers = unemployed private workers unemployed government workers = $welfare $unemployment $Lost homes $Lost cars $Lost productivity Lost benefits for American taxpayers

You get the economy moving by getting big government out of the way.

If getting government out of the way is your answer, I must question your saneness. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Nuts and bolts of governing is in the Constitution.

Ummm, no, they aren't. Where in the constitution does it say there will be a Marine Corps? Where is the section on fillibusters? How about the national mints?

Idiot.

These right wingers crack me up. These imaginary remedies they have for dealing down the deficit. It's like, they imagine how something works and then, somehow, through faith and really, really hard wishing, they hope it comes true. Then they wish so, so hard, they "know" it will come true.

Only it doesn't.

And when it doesn't, they blame it on everyone else, because they knew how it would work out inside their tiny minds.

We saw it with Bush. He had it all planned out how the Iraqi's would throw candy and desert blooms at him. Instead, it was shoes and camel blossoms. If only they weren't such ingrates.

Then the Republican leadership. If only you didn't have to tax rich people and corporations. If only you didn't have regulations for clean air and clean water. If only businesses didn't have regulations protecting the American people from their excess, everyone would have a job. Everyone would be happy.

If only we could "force" religion, everyone would be "moral".

If only,

If only,

Only things don't work that way.

The only REAL way to bring down the deficit is to collect revenue. To Republicans, that means the big, bad government wants to take your money.

So where does that revenue come from? Only one place. The source of ALL revenue ---> Jobs!

Not government jobs, but private sector jobs. And not private sector jobs in China. They have to be in this country.

So what can the government do?

Lay a foundation for business. That means infrastructure and an educated base. Two things fools on this board say don't waste your money on.

Even the dozens of Republicans in the house and senate know that building railways and bridges and roads and an electrical grid and bringing in broadband is the way to set the stage. That's why they have all applied for stimulus money to build up their communities. They know it will bring in thousands and thousands of jobs. Even while campaigning that it won't bring in one.

It's got to be a fine line for the right wing leadership. Convince your base that you are against something. Then, magically take credit for it when it works.

Jobs that bring in taxable revenue. Which brings money into the government. Which pays down the debt. That's they way it's always worked and the way it always will work.

There is a word for the Republican base's plan of don't spend and don't regulate. "Depression".

To significantly reduce the size of government and government spending - setting aside the merits of that -

you would have to put tens of thousands of Americans out of work. It's inevitable. Not just government employees per se, but private sector employees who work for companies that do significant amounts (or any amount for that matter) of business with the government.

Let's pretend they actually did that. They (as in the Angles of the world) actually did accomplish a massive reduction in government. Now all of those people as described above are ALSO out of work, on top of the current situation.

How does that get the economy moving? Because that is what Sharron Angle is claiming it would do.

I think you're assuming it would work immediately.

NOTHING will work immediately.

There is going to be a long time clearing the excesses out of the system and correcting back to a normal economic balance.

But cutting off the printing presses and the debt will go a long way towards allowing the system to stabilize and correct the way it SHOULD have been allowed to.

There's not a plan that can be conceived that isn't going to come complete with some pain as well.

LOL

Yes, up to the point they stuck Hoover and the rest of the world with the Great Depression

"Prosperity is just around the corner"

These right wingers crack me up. These imaginary remedies they have for dealing down the deficit. It's like, they imagine how something works and then, somehow, through faith and really, really hard wishing, they hope it comes true. Then they wish so, so hard, they "know" it will come true.

<snip>

This from Rdean, the drone of the Democrats, whose party took power to straighten out "the mess" and have presided over the loss of 8 million private sector jobs and the addition of 3 trillion dollars of debt since Nancy and Harry started driving the car in "D".

If the Republicans came into office with the intention of making things worse, I don't think they could. The record of the Democrats is truly historical in its achievement. It's also exactly what years of experience has taught us to expect.

I think you're assuming it would work immediately.

NOTHING will work immediately.

There is going to be a long time clearing the excesses out of the system and correcting back to a normal economic balance.

But cutting off the printing presses and the debt will go a long way towards allowing the system to stabilize and correct the way it SHOULD have been allowed to.

There's not a plan that can be conceived that isn't going to come complete with some pain as well.

I"m not assuming anything. Sharron Angle claims it's the fastest way to get the economy going.

LOL

Yes, up to the point they stuck Hoover and the rest of the world with the Great Depression

"Prosperity is just around the corner"

Comparisons are useless of today's economy to an economy where you had defense spending at a little over 1% of GDP, you had a trade surplus, a growing manufacturing sector, and very little interest on the debt to pay annually.

There is an especially liberal element that simply cannot trust people to do the right thing. The idea that if gov't gets out of the way people will naturally work and create wealth is anathema to them. They must have a plan. They must have rules. They must have order. It all must be specified down to the nth degree, like gov't regulations on cheese additives.
It is this basic distrust of human beings that marks the difference between modern liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are concerned with controlling and limiting government. Liberals are concerned with controlling and limiting individuals.

Forum List

Back