Sharron Angle: Republicans have "lost their principles"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Sharron Angle in leaked tape says D.C. Republicans have ‘lost their principles’ | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News

National Republicans have been emphatically defending Nevada Senate tea party candidate Sharron Angle -- even as Angle herself has been busy badmouthing them, according to tapes released Jon Ralston at the Las Vegas Sun.
"The Republicans have lost their standards, they've lost their principles. ... Really, that's why the machine in the Republican Party is fighting against me. ... They have never really gone along with lower taxes and less government," Angle said in taped discussions with her third-party opponent Scott Ashjian as she tried to persuade him to drop out of the race. Angle, who has the backing of national tea party groups, was making the case to Ashjian, who is the nominee of the Nevada Tea Party, that his candidacy would split the Nevada conservative vote and effectively help Democratic Sen. Harry Reid. After the meeting, Ashjian reiterated that he has no intention of dropping out.
You can listen to the full recording here:
Sharron Angle's Recorded Conversation

Id agree with that .
Id like to say the same about the Dems, I just wasnt aware they had any principles to lose.
Sad situation

National Republicans have been emphatically defending Nevada Senate tea party candidate Sharron Angle -- even as Angle herself has been busy badmouthing them, according to tapes released Jon Ralston at the Las Vegas Sun.
"The Republicans have lost their standards, they've lost their principles. ... Really, that's why the machine in the Republican Party is fighting against me. ... They have never really gone along with lower taxes and less government,"

She is exactly right. The Republicans are a bunch of liars. They say they support individual freedoms and limited government on the campaign trail and then get to D.C. and do exactly the opposite. At least the Democrats are honest about wanting to grow government.

So she's been kissing the establishment's ass with one set of lips, and trying to kiss the tea baggers ass with another. The funny thing is the chit she offered the guy was to get him to meet establishment Republicans. This woman is batshit. She was batshit when she talked her state into turning prison programs over to the Scientologists, and is batshit today.

So she's been kissing the establishment's ass with one set of lips, and trying to kiss the tea baggers ass with another. The funny thing is the chit she offered the guy was to get him to meet establishment Republicans. This woman is batshit. She was batshit when she talked her state into turning prison programs over to the Scientologists, and is batshit today.

Excuse me?

I am not following the Nevada Senate race, but she was saying the same thing way back in the primary, when the establishment backed her opponent all the way.

Forum List

Back