Sharpton gets it wrong again (imagine that)

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
At the DNC, he talked about all the great things the Democrats have done:
We’re sticking with the donkey, he thundered, because “we got the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act under Democrats.”

Whoa. Lyndon Johnson was the president who pushed through those laws, but he couldn’t have done it without Republican votes. According to Congressional Quarterly, only 61 percent of Democrats in the House of Representatives supported the Civil Rights Act, while 80 percent of Republicans voted in favor. In the Senate, 69 percent of Democrats and 82 percent of Republicans voted in favor.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/monacharen/mc20040730.shtml
I guess he didn't want to mention the fact that many Republicans voted for it and many Democrats voted against it. Sadly, many Democrats still believe this revisionist BS.

Sharpton also thinks blacks should receive reparations because of slavery. I don't know how anyone could be for that. First of all, why should people be forced to provide that when their families might not have had anything to do with slavery. Second, other people have had bad things happen to their ancestors and they wouldn't receive anything. Third, how would you decide on an amount? That's just the beginning.

People like Sharpton really piss me off.

Hell, what do you expect from the cretin who stated that during this country's slavery days so many blacks were thrown overboard while being transported to this country that sharks still concentrate along the shipping routes to this day?

Sharpton is much like some of the bomb throwing morons who jump in here from time to time and run. All he wants is attention and he will do or say anything to get it.

Thats nothing new.

I saw an interview some years back with Barbra Striesand (don't know if thats the correct spelling). She credited the liberal democrats with freeing the slaves...I kid you not!

I saw an interview some years back with Barbra Striesand (don't know if thats the correct spelling). She credited the liberal democrats with freeing the slaves...I kid you not!
:laugh: Another gem.

Al Sharpton is a fool. Unfortunately, many people listen to him and think he spouts the gospel. There aren't very many current members of the democratic party who are better though - they fail to correct his lies, hyperbole and misguided attempts at self-aggrandizement.

Sadly, neither do many constituents, they believe the bs.

Forum List

Back