Sharpton: Forgive Imus' mistakes as you have forgiven mine"

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Sharpton Calls for Forgiveness, Tolerance of "Rash Mistakes"

April 13, 2007

Washington DC (AP) - The Reverend Al Sharpton, speaking at a hastily-arranged press conference in the nation's capitol, asked his followers to forgive and forget, as the controversy over a racial slur uttered by broadcaster Don Imus raged on.

Some people have called for Imus' ouster from broadcasting as a result of the remarks he made, referring to some of the women on the Rutgers University basketball team as "nappy-headed hos". Imus' remarks were apparently made as a satire of language frequently hear in modern pop music, including that by black "rap" artists.

But Sharpton called for an air of forgiveness and tolerance, saying "Who among us has not said or done things we instantly regretted, but could not un-say or undo? You can find instances in my own life where I have said and done things that were wrong, and even immoral. I wish I could have those moments back, to relive them in a more Christian manner, but I cannot.

"I'm dreadfully sorry for the things I have done, as I am sure Don Imus is just as sorry for his recent remarks. I hope you will all show Christian tolerance and forgiveness to Don Imus, as so many have shown forgiveness to me in letting me continue my career after my own misadventures."

Copyright(c)2007 - AP (Acorn Press)

----------------------------------------------------------

P.S. The above article is not true. Sharpton never said any of those things. If he had the slightest amount of genuine character, and/or any intention of living up to his title of "Reverend", it might have been. But, come on, this is AL SHARPTON we're talking about.

Acorn, you had me going for a second there. I was getting goose bumps while I was reading that. hook, line, and sinker....

I read this too..and was..well believed it till now..AFTER READING IT AGAIN.....I thought after he got the guy fired..was giving a sermon we're all human...and it wasn't his wish to have what he wished..come to be...Making himself look good....Ooh man..talk about a brain overload...:)

Oooh man...I took the bait as well...hahahaha..:)

Forum List

Back