Sharon Has Minor Stroke

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Bad news for the Palis:

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/659324.html

Sharon rushed to Jerusalem hospital after minor stroke
By Jonathan Lis, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and Agencies

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was rushed to hospital in Jerusalem on Sunday evening after apparently suffering a minor stroke. About an hour later, the hospital said that the prime minister was in a stable condition.

The prime minister had been unconscious when he arrived at Hadassah, but later came round. "He lost consciousness on the way to hospital and then regained it," said one medic.

According to Channel 2 television, 77-year-old Sharon was taken to Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Karem, after complaining of feeling unwell.

Advertisement

In an official statement made some 45 minutes after the prime minister arrived, Dr. Yuval Weiss, deputy manager of Hadassah, told the waiting press outside the hospital that Sharon was fully conscious and was undergoing tests. He said that the results of the tests would be made known later.

"Ariel Sharon was brought here about 8. He has full consciousness and he's undergoing medical examinations," said Weiss.

"The prime minister is conscious. He is undergoing tests.
His condition is stable," Professor Shmuel Shapira told Channel 1 television.

"He is fully conscious and is undergoing a series of tests," a Hadassah spokeswoman said, declining to confirm he suffered a stroke. "The prime minister ... has been conversing with his aides."

Finance Minister Ehud Olmert, who is also deputy prime minister, will take over as premier until Sharon recovers.

Sharon's younger son, Gilad, arrived at the hospital shortly after his father. His other son, Omri, who followed his father into politics, arrived at Hadassah soon after. Both Olmert and senior Sharon aide Dov Weissglas were also headed for the hospital.

Channel 2 television earlier reported that Sharon was in a confused state, and that he had been taken for a neurological scan. According to Channel 2, Sharon was hospitalized a little before 8 P.M., and was taken straight to the trauma room.

Channel 10 quoted the hospital as saying that the prime minister's life was not in danger.

The Prime Minister's Office said that the decision to hospitalize the premier was taken after he said he did not feel well while working in his office.

The area around the hospital was closed off to the public by the defense establishment prior to Sharon's arrival, the television said.

Shas chairman Eli Yishai and Labor leader Amir Peretz both wished Sharon a speedy recovery Sunday night, Channel 2 said.

Said1 said:
So I guess it's off to the nearest Jenny Craig office near him? He's as fat as he is tall. And I mean that in a nice way. REALLY.

I doubt that he'll be around that long. Seriously, it is Likud's dream.

Kathianne said:
I doubt that he'll be around that long. Seriously, it is Likud's dream.

I don't know, many live a long time after a stroke. Sharon on the other hand can't be in great health, given his obvious stresses and size.

Said1 said:
I don't know, many live a long time after a stroke. Sharon on the other hand can't be in great health, given his obvious stresses and size.

I heard rubbing Sharon's belly brings good luck.

Forum List

Back