Sharon convenes meeting

brneyedgrl80

May 25, 2004
Phoenix-it's-dry-heat-Arizona
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1088413381149B253

Sharon convenes meeting after rocket attack

June 28 2004 at 11:03AM

Jerusalem - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon convened a meeting of senior security officials on Monday to consider a response to a deadly rocket attack by Hamas in southern Israel, public television reported.

Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz and army chief of staff General Moshe Yaalon would attend the meeting which would also consider how to respond to an explosives attack on an army post in the southern Gaza Strip which left one soldier dead and five wounded, the radio said.

A three-year-old child and a man in his 50s were killed in the rocket attack in the town of Sderot when an unguided Qassam missile fired from the Gaza Strip by the radical Hamas movement landed just outside the local nursery school.

Israeli government spokesperson Jonathan Peled said that the attack demonstrated that the Palestinian Authority was failing to bring militant groups operating from the Gaza Strip under control. - Sapa-AFP

How lucky for Sharon that HAMAS "attacks" just in time to distract the world from the UN's comments about Israel's nuclear weapons.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80

How lucky for Sharon that HAMAS "attacks" just in time to distract the world from the UN's comments about Israel's nuclear weapons.

Yes how lucky......

Israel has had nuclear weapons for years and like the United States have used them against their neigboring countries to blast them to smithereens because they would not convert to democracy and the American way of life.

The theory of nuclear fission and the atomic and hydrogen bombs was invented and developed by Jewish scientists such as Einstein, Fermi, Boehr and many scientists that escaped the Nazi murder machine.

Who else deserves the ability for atomic retaliation more than those who brought them to reality?

Israel and the Jewish people live on a small strip of their own land surrounded by giant philistinian dictatorships whose only wish and religion impels them to throw these 5 or so million Jewish people into the sea.

Do you think that Arafat or Assad of Syria would hesitate for one minute to blow up Israel or the USA if they had the bomb and the potential to deliver it?

It is like the fact that if you invented the gun but allow only those barbarians to possess them who wish to kill you while you are not deserving to protect yourself from being attacked by those who had nothing to do with the invetion of the gun, would truly be insanity.

The fact remains that Iittle Israel now has the potential to destroy all the nations that are arrayed against them by their own invention.

I thought the UN passed a resolution demanding nuclear disarmament, and then if the nation in question appeared to refuse, military action was authorized. Maybe I got that wrong...

UN asks Israel to go nuclear-free

Mr ElBaradei wants discussions to begin before any peace deals
The head of the UN's nuclear watchdog, Mohamed ElBaradei, says Israel should start discussions on ridding the Middle East of nuclear weapons.
He said such dialogue would help reduce frustration in the region about "what is seen to be a widespread imbalance".

Mr ElBaradei is scheduled to travel to Israel next month to discuss making the Middle East a nuclear-free zone.

He said everyone knew that Israel had a nuclear capability - even if Israel has always refused to admit it.

"We need... to rid the Middle East of all weapons of mass destruction," he told Reuters news agency on a visit to Russia.

"Israel agrees with that, but they say it has to be... after peace agreements.

"My proposal is may be we need to start to have a parallel dialogue on security at the same time when we're working on the peace process."

Read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3844145.stm

Israel has had nukes much longer than Pakistan and India so they have a right to belong to the "nuclear" club as far as I am concerned.

Based on your assumption, the UN has the right to invade the US, France, GB, Pakistan, India, Japan, China, Russia, Georgia - I could go on and on.

Originally posted by ajwps
Israel has had nuclear weapons for years and like the United States have used them against their neigboring countries to blast them to smithereens because they would not convert to democracy and the American way of life.

Typo?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Israel has had nukes much longer than Pakistan and India so they have a right to belong to the "nuclear" club as far as I am concerned.

Based on your assumption, the UN has the right to invade the US, France, GB, Pakistan, India, Japan, China, Russia, Georgia - I could go on and on.

I'm sure you could go on... :D

Unfortunately, the decision isn't up to you. This isn't an assumption, it's clearly stated in the article. Unfortunately the UN wants the entire Middle East to be nuke free and that would include Israel, but I'm sure something could be worked out for Israel, especially if America gets involved.

But I don't see it being a big problem considering Israel is willing to agree with it.

I thought the UN passed a resolution demanding nuclear disarmament, and then if the nation in question appeared to refuse, military action was authorized. Maybe I got that wrong...
UN asks Israel to go nuclear-free.Mr ElBaradei wants discussions to begin before any peace deals The head of the UN's nuclear watchdog, Mohamed ElBaradei, says Israel should start discussions on ridding the Middle East of nuclear weapons.
He said such dialogue would help reduce frustration in the region about "what is seen to be a widespread imbalance". Mr ElBaradei is scheduled to travel to Israel next month to discuss making the Middle East a nuclear-free zone. He said everyone knew that Israel had a nuclear capability - even if Israel has always refused to admit it. "We need... to rid the Middle East of all weapons of mass destruction," he told Reuters news agency on a visit to Russia. "Israel agrees with that, but they say it has to be... after peace agreements. "My proposal is may be we need to start to have a parallel dialogue on security at the same time when we're working on the peace process." Read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3844145.stm

You know it is interesting how the United (Muslim) Nations wants a nuclear free Middle East. These same UN member countries have their own nuclear weapons, i.e. Pakistan, India, Russia, China and many more but the UN want to pass a resolution that Israel disarm itself with the weapons that they brought into existence.

This is like the gun free America policy so that only the OUTLAWS HAVE GUNS.

For the UN to pass amendments and insist on Israel or any other country giving up nuclear weapons is actually simpler than holding back the Atlantic Ocean tide with a sand shovel.

The entire world of nations will soon have their own nuclear capabilities and you think that the middle east should be free of nukes.

I am still rolling on the floor with laughter.....

What a joke...

I'm sure you could go on... :D

Unfortunately, the decision isn't up to you. This isn't an assumption, it's clearly stated in the article. Unfortunately the UN wants the entire Middle East to be nuke free and that would include Israel, but I'm sure something could be worked out for Israel, especially if America gets involved.

But I don't see it being a big problem considering Israel is willing to agree with it.

Unfortunately any UN resolution or article is meaningless in today's world. The United (Muslim) Nations steals billioins of dollars from the mouth of babies in Iraq with the food for oil program. Yet they pass amendments and resolutions against a country the size of Rhode Island while major countries kill millions and not one word is said.

Fortunately the big/little problem concerning Israel is up to the Jewish democracy and they say to the UN absolutely but certainly NO.

It is certain that Israel is not ready to commit suicide as the world of nations has aligned themselves against this country of 5+ million people and Israel has the power and might to destroy them all in the flash of a light photon. If Israel were so ignorant of giving up their nuclear arsenal, France would send their nukes into Israel in the time it takes to say 'white or red wine.'

Forum List

Back