Shark or Dolphin?

First glance, I thought shark then I noticed the tail fin and even though the article I read indicated it was a shark, I said bullshit, that is a dolphin.

Immie

You will be hard pressed to see a dolphin sitting still like that - it would usually be rolling.

First glance, I thought shark then I noticed the tail fin and even though the article I read indicated it was a shark, I said bullshit, that is a dolphin.

Immie

You will be hard pressed to see a dolphin sitting still like that - it would usually be rolling.

It is a still picture, I haven't seen any video. And I have never seen a shark remain motionless either. I think it is a dolphin.

On the other hand, I've seen pictures of people at the beach south of Tampa and a helicopter hovering over them filming swimmers literally surrounded by hammerhead sharks.

Makes you want to get back out of the water!

Immie

2n6f4pi.jpg

sharkordolphintxt1.png

dolphinfin.png

Dolphin dorsal fin

Looks more like a shark than a dolphin to me. They don’t travel alone. If this were a dolphin, the people on the beach would have seen its companions nearby, even if they were not in the picture.
Also, the profile is wrong. The back half of the animal is too long and skinny to be a dolphin.

Forum List

Back