Sharing The Sacrifice: The Obamas on Vacation

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
They might, for example, choose to start the meal with a $15 chunk of pizza cheese – I’m sorry, “Fresh Mozzarella” with “Fresh Basil, vine ripened tomatoes, aged balsamic reduction, and chive dill.”

This is a good mix because some things are fresh, and some things are aged.

But the sacrifice really gets serious with the entree, where the Obamas may want to order half a chicken for $38. Excuse me, please, “Herb crusted roasted half Katama Farm chicken; garlic mashed potatoes with steamed broccollini, rosemary jus.”

This would be perfect for me, because when I get tired of Perdue, I alway switch to Katama Farm.

There’s also the steamed twin Menemsha lobsters for $48. Isn’t Menemsha some kind of club for geniuses? I’ll take those.

But to be sure that they’re twins, I’ll need a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

The restaurant notes, “We would be happy to split single entree items for an additional charge of $15.”

Well, of course! I’m sure being paid $15 to heap the same junk on two plates instead of one would make them very happy indeed.

So if the Obamas go with the cheese and the chicken we’re at $53 before dessert, tax, tip and booze. Now, looks like it’s bring-your-own-drinks with a corkage fee of $10. So if we assume $10 for a drink, $10 for dessert – you know they’re both having dessert – a 6.25 percent Massachusetts restaurant tax, and a 20 percent tip, we’re at $93 each, or $186 for the couple.

The average weekly Social Security check for a retired worker is about $274. Just saying.

And guess what? No peas on the menu. The Obamas don’t have to eat their peas

Obamas Share Sacrifice at Pricey Vineyard Restaurant | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Forum List

Back