Sharing some good news

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Since the Women's forum has disappeared, I guess here is as good a place as any.
I was concerned because I had a mammogram where they "saw something" so I had to have an ultrasound to look at it more closely. I had that today, and they gave me the all-clear. Its a good feeling.

They recently did a CT on my liver... the barium tastes like crap and when they shoot you up with iodine it burns inside...

Thankfully nothing was wrong that a little excercise won't cure...

so... I know how you feel. It's nice isn't it?

Since the Women's forum has disappeared, I guess here is as good a place as any.
I was concerned because I had a mammogram where they "saw something" so I had to have an ultrasound to look at it more closely. I had that today, and they gave me the all-clear. Its a good feeling.

Im saying some thank you prayers right now to the man in the clouds :) You must be so relieved!!

Hey, I've been there several times with both. Barium sucks, but since it might save your life, guess it's worth it. BTW, I'd say it's better to drink it than the other way-having done both.

I've yet to have a mammogram that didn't 'see' something. Curse of being 'well endowed.' Had surgery at 18, negative thank God. Since then, the grams have cared for, but it's a matter of time.

Having had a grandmother and two aunts die of breast cancer, I've considered a 'preventative mastectomy.' Still not there, but still thinking about.

I'm glad for both of you.

Hey, I've been there several times with both. Barium sucks, but since it might save your life, guess it's worth it. BTW, I'd say it's better to drink it than the other way-having done both.

I've yet to have a mammogram that didn't 'see' something. Curse of being 'well endowed.' Had surgery at 18, negative thank God. Since then, the grams have cared for, but it's a matter of time.

Having had a grandmother and two aunts die of breast cancer, I've considered a 'preventative mastectomy.' Still not there, but still thinking about.

I'm glad for both of you.

Thanks, K. I wasn't aware that size mattered for questionable mammograms, but it makes sense now.

A preventative mastectomy would take real courage.

Thanks, K. I wasn't aware that size mattered for questionable mammograms, but it makes sense now.

A preventative mastectomy would take real courage.

I don't know that 'size' does Abbey, I'm guessing or rationalizing? It's the 'fibrous tumor' thing. Self evaluation leads to calling the doc every month, so not a good idea. I just get a mammogram about every 6 months, when I can afford it.

I don't know that 'size' does Abbey, I'm guessing or rationalizing? It's the 'fibrous tumor' thing. Self evaluation leads to calling the doc every month, so not a good idea. I just get a mammogram about every 6 months, when I can afford it.

according to my wife size and density goes hand in hand so to speak and if you squish them wrong overlap = false positve and lots of stress and a retest....we went through that a while back to....just sucks

glad everyone is ok

kath....have you done the gentic marker test to see if yours is genetic or just bad luck or environmental? wife has a family history...mom, grandma. great grand ma....hers is not genetic....

according to my wife size and density goes hand in hand so to speak and if you squish them wrong overlap = false positve and lots of stress and a retest....we went through that a while back to....just sucks

glad everyone is ok

kath....have you done the gentic marker test to see if yours is genetic or just bad luck or environmental? wife has a family history...mom, grandma. great grand ma....hers is not genetic....
It's genetic. Damn Irish! Yeah, still thinking of though. Hard to contemplate, without cancer, yet...

They recently did a CT on my liver... the barium tastes like crap and when they shoot you up with iodine it burns inside...

Thankfully nothing was wrong that a little excercise won't cure...

so... I know how you feel. It's nice isn't it?

Thank Goodness Doug!! And lots of water helps :)

It's genetic. Damn Irish! Yeah, still thinking of though. Hard to contemplate, without cancer, yet...
I once knew someone who was color blind and Irish. He had a bipolar disorder. His psychiatrist told him that those two traits increase your chances of having a bipolar disorder.

If you know anyone like this, you might want to pass it on.

Fibrous breast tissue runs in my family, too. Glad to hear everyone seems healthy, here, though!

New Topics

Forum List

Back