Sharia Law. Love or Opression?

if you are referring to non muslim diviorces, obviously if the woman is diviorcing her husband and it was a surprise to him, he wasn't paying attention.

Muslim diviorces? Sure they are allowed to get a diviorce but consider that her family would honor kill her if she did. The husband would also most likely stop her by throwing acid in her face or disfiguring her if she left because it makes him look bad.

One such woman I heard of years ago left her husband because he beat her and went to one of the only womans shelters in her country for protection(Pakistan I think it was). Once you enter this facility most women never leave it's doors for fear of being harmed by their family or her husbands family. This womans mother and sister came to visit her and asked her to come home. They told her that all was forgiven and that they understood. The workers at the shelter begged her not to leave but she did anyway. When she entered her parents house her mother locked the door and her father hacked her to death with an axe while the rest of the family watched. Why? Because they were disgraced when she left her husband. Muslims use fear to keep their so called perfect allah created society and family life. In reality it's all bullshit.

Ramble on as long as it pleases you. All religions have absolutely devastated those who opposed their beliefs but none so obvious as Christians.

During the Crusades when European Christians traveled to the middle east just to do away with millions who didn't share their faith. During the witchhunts when innocent young women simply accused of witchcraft were tortured and burned at the stake it was even worse and continued even into the United States. If I were a Christian I would be ashamed and for sure wouldn't be pointing fingers at others who have a different belief. The middle east is a century or two behind us in every aspect. Do that thing you were instructed to do:

James 2:8 - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

Matthew 5:44- And I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

you seem to forget Jesus with the money changers and his pointing out the faults of the the way the pharasee's dealt with the people. There is a time to fight, a reason and a way to fight and that time,reason and way is now. Christ had no problem pointing out those who claimed to represent God and instead did the just the opposite and lead the people astray.

There are numerous warnings in the NT of false prophets one of which was mohammad. I try to point out to Muslims that mohammad is not who they think he was because I care for their souls and hate seeing them waste thier lives defending a hate filled war lord and his murderous cult. If I see someone about to drink the kool aid should I just sit there and let them drink it? I am not harming people just pointing out the truth using words. For heaven's sake Cammpbell they teach thier kids to kill in the name of allah. You condone that? They treat thier women like animals, you condone that? They kill those those that don't agree with them, you condone that?

*NOTE: You had to dig back to the Salem witch trials to make a case against Christians? The whole world was like that at the time. Now the west is enlightened except for Isalm and if they want to be part of our society they need to step it up and modernize or keep that shit to themselves. They shouldn't make demands that set us back 14 centuries to accomodate their ass backwards way of thinking.

The truth is I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam which is the devil's religion and Gods enemy. I've never been a warm fuzzy kinda person although I'm much nicer now than I was before I got saved. Don't mistake my abrasive personality for my heart which you know nothing about.

LOL...I knew you would know that. You and David Koresh and millions of more folks who completely ignore the majority of the aspects of your own "Christian" life:

Love thy neighbor

Walk the extra mile

Do unto others

Pray for your enemies

Pray for those who curse and despise you

If sued in court for coat...voluntarily give cloak

Sell what you have and give it to the poor

Be ye therefore perfect

"There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day; and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table; moreover, the dogs came and licked his sores.
"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried: and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried, and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed; so that they which would pass from hence to you, cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

"Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham; but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." --Luke 16:19-31.

Ramble on as long as it pleases you. All religions have absolutely devastated those who opposed their beliefs but none so obvious as Christians.

During the Crusades when European Christians traveled to the middle east just to do away with millions who didn't share their faith. During the witchhunts when innocent young women simply accused of witchcraft were tortured and burned at the stake it was even worse and continued even into the United States. If I were a Christian I would be ashamed and for sure wouldn't be pointing fingers at others who have a different belief. The middle east is a century or two behind us in every aspect. Do that thing you were instructed to do:

James 2:8 - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

Matthew 5:44- And I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

you seem to forget Jesus with the money changers and his pointing out the faults of the the way the pharasee's dealt with the people. There is a time to fight, a reason and a way to fight and that time,reason and way is now. Christ had no problem pointing out those who claimed to represent God and instead did the just the opposite and lead the people astray.

There are numerous warnings in the NT of false prophets one of which was mohammad. I try to point out to Muslims that mohammad is not who they think he was because I care for their souls and hate seeing them waste thier lives defending a hate filled war lord and his murderous cult. If I see someone about to drink the kool aid should I just sit there and let them drink it? I am not harming people just pointing out the truth using words. For heaven's sake Cammpbell they teach thier kids to kill in the name of allah. You condone that? They treat thier women like animals, you condone that? They kill those those that don't agree with them, you condone that?

*NOTE: You had to dig back to the Salem witch trials to make a case against Christians? The whole world was like that at the time. Now the west is enlightened except for Isalm and if they want to be part of our society they need to step it up and modernize or keep that shit to themselves. They shouldn't make demands that set us back 14 centuries to accomodate their ass backwards way of thinking.

The truth is I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam which is the devil's religion and Gods enemy. I've never been a warm fuzzy kinda person although I'm much nicer now than I was before I got saved. Don't mistake my abrasive personality for my heart which you know nothing about.

LOL...I knew you would know that. You and David Koresh and millions of more folks who completely ignore the majority of the aspects of your own "Christian" life:

Love thy neighbor

Walk the extra mile

Do unto others

Pray for your enemies

Be ye therefore perfect

"There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day; and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table; moreover, the dogs came and licked his sores.
"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried: and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried, and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed; so that they which would pass from hence to you, cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

"Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham; but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." --Luke 16:19-31.

again Jesus and the money changers and Jesus and the pharisee's.

Matthew 23:27
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Not exactly words of love are they.

Matthew 21:12
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Not exactly actions of peace are they?

Words of Christ:

Mathew 10:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

I use words same as Jesus did. Still that does not mean that I should not point out error. How many times did Jesus tell someone to go and sin no more? I do not bomb mosques or kill Muslims. When I donate money to the Red Cross or other charities I do so knowing that it might go to a Muslim,Hindu,Buddist,Jew, and yet I still give. I am required to love them. I am not required to love their belief system or government or do you think Jesus loved the Roman Empire and all it's gods?

Love thy neighbor

Walk the extra mile

Do unto others

Pray for your enemies

Be ye therefore perfect

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Words of Christ:

Mathew 10:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

I use words same as Jesus did. Still that does not mean that I should not point out error. How many times did Jesus tell someone to go and sin no more? I do not bomb mosques or kill Muslims. When I donate money to the Red Cross or other charities I do so knowing that it might go to a Muslim,Hindu,Buddist,Jew, and yet I still give. I am required to love them. I am not required to love their belief system or government or do you think Jesus loved the Roman Empire and all it's gods?

I think Jesus was one of the ancient gods. I know one thing...the Christian faith was all but dead in about 350AD when the Roman emperor Constantine was himself converted. Then he set the Christmas and Easter holidays at the same time existent pagan holidays for the winter solstice and spring equinox. He also originated Rome as the center of the church and that sure has worked out for them:

168343-web_shot_Vatican_City.jpg

Sistine-Chapel-300x224.jpg

Love thy neighbor

Walk the extra mile

Do unto others

Pray for your enemies

Be ye therefore perfect

Words of Christ:

Mathew 10:

I think Jesus was one of the ancient gods. I know one thing...the Christian faith was all but dead in about 350AD when the Roman emperor Constantine was himself converted. Then he set the Christmas and Easter holidays at the same time existent pagan holidays for the winter solstice and spring equinox. He also originated Rome as the center of the church and that sure has worked out for them:

Really? I didn't know you were that old.

Hey we agree on something! Christmas is and always was pagan, nobody knows the exact date when Jesus was born. But look on the bright side, once a year we get to pay hommage to a guy in red suit, his nine smelly flying reindeer one of which has a glowing red nose. We also get to drag into our houses a dusty tree that has been pee'd and crapped on for years by animals of the woods, decorate it and throw brightly wrapped junk in boxes under it. But wait! as the Pièce de résistance we get the added privilege of saving the economy every December 25th by putting ourselves in massive debt with interest! I'll bet not even the pagans couldn't have thought this crap up. lol

Easter does have some pagan elements like bunny's and eggs but actually arrives in the spring not because of some ancient pagan celebration but because we actually know when Jesus died. It falls on passover which is always in the spring.

Last edited:
Sharia Law. Love or Opression?

Of course Sharia Law is oppression!

Sharia Law was initiated fourteen centuries ago which may have been suitable in all its stagnant, regressive brutality then ... but is certainly not suitable at present.

It would drag us all to the Dark ages before this present civilization, for which the world has fought so hard to achieve.

Why should muslims care what the western secular European Court of Human Rights has to say about sharia law or any other Islamic issue? :cool:

I suspect that you missed the author's point.

It isn't Moslems he's warning about Sharia law, it's non-Moslems living in nations where large numbers of Moslems have emigrated are now demanding that those societies accomidate and recognize Sharia laws.

Sharia laws are incompatable with Western Values.

Now seriously.... you didn't already know that?

Of course he knows that. Sharia Law over the world is the ultimate goal of Islam.

Bullshit. I'm 78 years old and have seen dozens of surprise divorces. The guys who profess to have the best marriages are the ones who get hit the hardest.

if you are referring to non muslim diviorces, obviously if the woman is diviorcing her husband and it was a surprise to him, he wasn't paying attention.

Muslim diviorces? Sure they are allowed to get a diviorce but consider that her family would honor kill her if she did. The husband would also most likely stop her by throwing acid in her face or disfiguring her if she left because it makes him look bad.

One such woman I heard of years ago left her husband because he beat her and went to one of the only womans shelters in her country for protection(Pakistan I think it was). Once you enter this facility most women never leave it's doors for fear of being harmed by their family or her husbands family. This womans mother and sister came to visit her and asked her to come home. They told her that all was forgiven and that they understood. The workers at the shelter begged her not to leave but she did anyway. When she entered her parents house her mother locked the door and her father hacked her to death with an axe while the rest of the family watched. Why? Because they were disgraced when she left her husband. Muslims use fear to keep their so called perfect allah created society and family life. In reality it's all bullshit.

the Crusades were a minor blip on the radar compared to what Muhammed and his mercenaries did in the name of Islam.

Words of Christ:

Mathew 10:

Hey we agree on something! Christmas is and always was pagan, nobody knows the exact date when Jesus was born. But look on the bright side, once a year we get to pay hommage to a guy in red suit, his nine smelly flying reindeer one of which has a glowing red nose. We also get to drag into our houses a dusty tree that has been pee'd and crapped on for years by animals of the woods, decorate it and throw brightly wrapped junk in boxes under it. But wait! as the Pièce de résistance we get the added privilege of saving the economy every December 25th by putting ourselves in massive debt with interest! I'll bet not even the pagans couldn't have thought this crap up. lol

Easter does have some pagan elements like bunny's and eggs but actually arrives in the spring not because of some ancient pagan celebration but because we actually know when Jesus died. It falls on passover which is always in the spring.

Know when Jesus died LOL! We don't even know if Jesus actually existed. We know that there were half a dozen recognized historians alive during those years and not a one ever mentioned his virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, turning water into fine wine, feeding 5000 plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, his crucifiction, resurrection etc. It would be like the New York Times newspaper never mentioning Mickey Mantle.

Another thing we know.......the only reference for the bible is the bible. Even as a youngster I would hear that someone was looking on Mt. Ararat for Noah's ark and kinda chuckle. Not about the ark.....about a five mile deep flood that evaporated and subsided within in a few weeks. That has to be the biggest lie ever told and to think people were actually out there believing that shit just blew me away. I mean what the hell.....if they had found the sticks and tar from a 3500-5000 year old home made boat would that have had anything to do with proving such nonsense? The animal shit alone would have suffocated everything.

Last edited:
the Crusades were a minor blip on the radar compared to what Muhammed and his mercenaries did in the name of Islam.
Which was nothing compared to what the Christians did in the name of Christ to the Indians in both North and South America; and the black people in Africa. :cool:

And accomodated slavery all over the known world for 5000 years.

With help from the Africans, Arabs, Persians and Portugese all in equal parts.

Know when Jesus died LOL! We don't even know if Jesus actually existed. We know that there were half a dozen recognized historians alive during those years and not a one ever mentioned his virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, turning water into fine wine, feeding 5000 plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, his crucifiction, resurrection etc. It would be like the New York Times newspaper never mentioning Mickey Mantle.

Another thing we know.......the only reference for the bible is the bible. Even as a youngster I would hear that someone was looking on Mt. Ararat for Noah's ark and kinda chuckle. Not about the ark.....about a five mile deep flood that evaporated and subsided within in a few weeks. That has to be the biggest lie ever told and to think people were actually out there believing that shit just blew me away. I mean what the hell.....if they had found the sticks and tar from a 3500-5000 year old home made boat would that have had anything to do with proving such nonsense? The animal shit alone would have suffocated everything.

Josephus' Account of Jesus

“Jewish Antiquities”, by Flavius Josephus. Book 18, Chapter 3, paragraphs 1-5. Paragraph 3 is the Testimonium Flavianum itself, which contains the reference to Jesus Christ.

(63) Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. (64) And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross [2], those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day [3], as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named for him, are not extinct at this day.

Forum List

Back