Sharia Law in America WTF

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has signed legislation blocking courts from recognizing Islamic Sharia law... :clap2:

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback signed legislation late the week of May 25, 2012 titled “Concerning the protection of rights granted under the Constitution" which prohibits Kansas state courts from recognizing foreign laws including Islamic Sharia law.

Brownback signs bill that caused sharia flap

Posted: May 25, 2012 - 6:19am
By Andy Marso

Gov. Sam Brownback signed a bill this week aimed at keeping Kansas courts or governmental agencies from basing decisions on Islamic or other foreign legal codes.

The bill says courts or other tribunals can’t base rulings on any foreign legal system that wouldn’t grant rights guaranteed by the state and U.S. constitutions.

Brownback signs bill that caused sharia flap | CJOnline.com

The law won't even apply to shariah courts. Just state courts, although we need a similar rule for federal courts.

"The unmistakable and un-American bigotry espoused by the sponsors of these bills should be repudiated by Americans of all faiths."

Food for thought . . . .

Of course not. American courts should no more apply religious law than they should apply Korean law or German law. Either we have American laws or we don't. No one would suggest to any degree that American courts apply Catholic ecumenical law, so why the law of the Koran?

This is OBVIOUSLY a "Conspiracy Theory" so I CHOOSE not to believe it!

I "Choose to Snooze"! :lol:

"The unmistakable and un-American bigotry espoused by the sponsors of these bills should be repudiated by Americans of all faiths."

Food for thought . . . .

Of course not. American courts should no more apply religious law than they should apply Korean law or German law. Either we have American laws or we don't. No one would suggest to any degree that American courts apply Catholic ecumenical law, so why the law of the Koran?

Know what? I agree with that. My mind was somewhere else.

Food for thought . . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UQ7a7d5W0]George Costanza Massage - YouTube[/ame]

I can't view the video - You Tube has it blocked. But I remember this particular incident. Most disturbing . . . ;)

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has signed legislation blocking courts from recognizing Islamic Sharia law... :clap2:

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback signed legislation late the week of May 25, 2012 titled “Concerning the protection of rights granted under the Constitution" which prohibits Kansas state courts from recognizing foreign laws including Islamic Sharia law.

Brownback signs bill that caused sharia flap

Posted: May 25, 2012 - 6:19am
By Andy Marso

Gov. Sam Brownback signed a bill this week aimed at keeping Kansas courts or governmental agencies from basing decisions on Islamic or other foreign legal codes.

The bill says courts or other tribunals can’t base rulings on any foreign legal system that wouldn’t grant rights guaranteed by the state and U.S. constitutions.

Brownback signs bill that caused sharia flap | CJOnline.com

This is like applauding a governor banning the current use of time travel

Food for thought . . . .

Know what? I agree with that. My mind was somewhere else.

It's a knee-jerk reaction. An automatic response to uphold the interests of the minority against the majority. Of course our courts can't be permitted to enforce religious laws, any of them. What our courts CAN enforce are decisions of arbitrators made under binding arbitration and then only when it does not conflict with Constitutional protections.

One of the reasons why the Oklahoma ban failed was because it was premature. No court had made a decision based on islamic law. When an American court denys the testimony of a rape victim because there are not four male witnesses we have a discussion.

Although, in the recent case of Brian Banks, it would not be unreasonable to demand at least SOME corroboration of the witness's tale of woe.

Kansas District Court First to Apply “American Laws for American Courts”

September 11, 2012 by admin

A Kansas district court is the first to recognize the possible application of the American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) law in a case where a party sought to enforce a sharia-law based contract. ALAC was adopted in Kansas earlier this year and it is based upon the model legislation drafted by AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi. The case at hand, Soleimani v. Soleimani, involves an Iranian-American couple who had been married according to both sharia and later by state law. At some point the woman divorced her husband (for cruelty and abuse) and sought to enforce a sharia-based prenuptial agreement called a mahr. The mahr required the man upon a divorce that was no fault of the woman’s to pay 1,354 gold quare, which are coins valued at $500 apiece or the equivalent of $677,000.

---

This, our Supreme Court has properly said, is an unconstitutional violation of the Establishment Clause. A U.S. judge cannot be in the business of deciding theological disputes and any dispute based upon sharia–i.e., the state law in places like Iran and Saudi Arabia–is entering into theological disputations about what Allah wants.

---

Kansas District Court First to Apply “American Laws for American Courts” | Blog – American Freedom Law Center

I don't know what's worse, that idiot govenor wasting tax payer dollars on total bullshit, or the dumbass Kansans who put him in office.

The True Story of Sharia in American Courts

Abed Awad June 13, 2012

---

The Kansas law is hardly unique. Since 2010, when Oklahoma voters first passed a constitutional amendment prohibiting judges from considering international law in their decisions, two dozen states have proposed or passed similar legislation. (The Oklahoma statute was struck down this past January, with a federal court ruling that lawmakers failed to “identify any actual problem the challenged amendment seeks to solve.”) Richard Thompson, a former Michigan prosecutor and president of the right-wing Thomas More Law Center—whose website cites “Confronting the Threat of Islam” as a key part of its advocacy—recently admitted that “Sharia law is the thing people think about” when it comes to such bans.

Sharia, or Islamic law, is a complex system of moral codes that governs all aspects of Muslim life. More than simply “law” in the prescriptive sense, it is also the methodology through which Muslims engage with foundational religious texts to search for the divine will. For devout Muslims, Sharia governs everything from the way they eat to how they treat animals and protect the environment, to how they do business, how they marry and how their estate is distributed after death. Although the emergence of the nation-state did away with the premodern methodology of Sharia, its current manifestations are either a source of legislation or actual state law in many Muslim countries.

The True Story of Sharia in American Courts | The Nation

They need to assimilate into the melting pot of America! If they don't like it here they can move or go home or go to eurabia...:bye1:

Forum List

Back