Shares in Papa John’s International have been tumbling since last Thursday

Aug 7, 2012
Meanwhile, shares in Papa John’s International have been tumbling since last Thursday, falling from $51.70 at market close Wednesday to $49.22 on Monday, a 4.2% drop. :clap2:

So how much would prices go up, under these 50/50 conditions, if they were to fairly reflect the increased cost of doing business onset by Obamacare? Roughly 3.4 to 4.6 cents a pie.

Some seem to think my analysis suggests I don’t appreciate a business’s duty to shareholders to maximize value. That is not in dispute. But (given the parameters I set up), using Schnatter’s figures, the costs his company will incur due to Obamacare are not equal to the pie increases he mentions. Those pie increases would more than make up for damage done to the company’s net income through increases to operational expenses. Of course, if he thinks it won’t harm the bottom line, he is absolutely allowed to increase prices further. Given inflation and expansion, his other expenses will obviously increase in the following years too. But attributing all price increases to Obamacare would be disengenuous.

Breaking Down Centi-Millionaire 'Papa' John Schnatter's Obamacare Math - Forbes

Meanwhile, shares in Papa John’s International have been tumbling since last Thursday, falling from $51.70 at market close Wednesday to $49.22 on Monday, a 4.2% drop. :clap2:

So how much would prices go up, under these 50/50 conditions, if they were to fairly reflect the increased cost of doing business onset by Obamacare? Roughly 3.4 to 4.6 cents a pie.

Some seem to think my analysis suggests I don’t appreciate a business’s duty to shareholders to maximize value. That is not in dispute. But (given the parameters I set up), using Schnatter’s figures, the costs his company will incur due to Obamacare are not equal to the pie increases he mentions. Those pie increases would more than make up for damage done to the company’s net income through increases to operational expenses. Of course, if he thinks it won’t harm the bottom line, he is absolutely allowed to increase prices further. Given inflation and expansion, his other expenses will obviously increase in the following years too. But attributing all price increases to Obamacare would be disengenuous.

Breaking Down Centi-Millionaire 'Papa' John Schnatter's Obamacare Math - Forbes

no surprises. when a CEO gives away 2 million pizzas for free (that has to be at least 5 million in actual cost) but claims he can't pay for a million dollars worth of health insurance?

i figure he's FOS and wouldn't spend my money there anyway... even if i were inclined to buy bad chain store pizza.

The whole market has been tumbling since last Tuesday.

Hmm, pizza sounds good for dinner tonight. I think I'll get Papa Johns.

"Tumbling" ? Papa John's share price is right now a 1.7% decline... is far from "Tumbling"!

Obamacare will add $1.79 an hour to an employees wages for the employer to pay. No wonder company's are laying off and moving employees to part time, all thanks to obama.

Shares in everything have been tumbling. What you see now is nothing compared to what's coming.

The whole market has been tumbling since last Tuesday.

Hmm, pizza sounds good for dinner tonight. I think I'll get Papa Johns.

Yeah do that. :lol:

Get like a hundred of those oil/butter dipping sauce and inject it in your veins.

Pizza should be banned as illegal. Anyone caught with a slice of pizza immediately imprisoned and fined the totality of their assets.

Pizza Johns is really, really good pizza. A lawsuit and some butthurt libs can't stop this magnificent product. Papa Johns will prosper long after GM fails.

20121111-papa-johns-fixed600-145.jpg

Forum List

Back