Share your meal time recipe tips

this is food fram m y meal wheel for people who must eat low carb. the onst meal you can eat beef allso but i dont like beef. the best meal i lik e i s spaghetti.

45-gram meal

3 oz of meat/protein (chicken breast or grilled lax)
2/3 cup of rice (30 g)
1 cup of green beans
salad with low carb dressing
1 cup of low fat milk OR a small roll or one slice of bread (15 g)

75-gram frukost

4 pannkakor (4-inch) (30 g)
2 tablespoons regular sockerlag (30 g)
3/4 cup of blueberries (15 g)

75-gram meal

1 1/2 cups of spaghetti (45 g) with 1/2 cup of sauce (15 g)
2 meatballs
Parmesanost
1 cup of green beans
Salad with low carb dressing
1-oz slice of bread (15 g)
Water with lemon

Annie, I like what you do with the kids. My kids love to cook with me too. I can't wait to bake cookies with them for holiday season. We have lots of discussions about food and nutrition.

Cecile, shrimp jambalaya sounds awesome. It sounds like comfort food to me. I can't wait to try it. Except for my husband, everyone loves seafood.

i like pizza an d this i s my favourite pizza. this pizza have no meat becuase much meat make m e sick. i dont like broccoli but this tast good i n pizza.

1 tsp olive oil
2 chopped tomatoes
1 cup fresh broccoli floret
1 cup sliced yellow squash
1 cup slice mushrooms
1 medium sliced red bell pepper
1 large mince garlic clove
1 15 inch pizza crust dough, frozen
1 cup skim shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 170 Degrees C. Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, squash, mushrooms, tomato and red bell pepper; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 more seconds.
2 Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread the veggie mixture evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle with cheese, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
3 Bake pizza in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to lightly brown.

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
Calories 186.8
Total Carbs 28.4g
Dietary Fiber 1.8g
Sugars 0.9g
Total Fat 4.3g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Unsaturated Fat 3.5g
Potassium 0mg
Protein 8.1g
Sodium 362.2mg
Dietary Exchanges
2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable

Sounds like you cook often. Not bad for a guy. It's nice that you are not dependant on a woman to always cook for you.

Annie, I like what you do with the kids. My kids love to cook with me too. I can't wait to bake cookies with them for holiday season. We have lots of discussions about food and nutrition.

Cecile, shrimp jambalaya sounds awesome. It sounds like comfort food to me. I can't wait to try it. Except for my husband, everyone loves seafood.

You can also make it without the shrimp. Just add extra ham.

Most things I make are comfort food. I like savory, filling meals with all the courses in the same bowl together, if possible. And lots of leftovers.

I do another one, also with rice, where you just boil some chicken breasts, cut them into chunks, add steamed rice, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth. Stir in your favorite poultry seasonings and simmer. There aren't even measurements with that one, because I just add stuff until the consistency looks good to me, and run with it. I like to add veggies to it, like carrots and broccoli, but my husband refuses to allow it, so when he's eating, the veggies go on the side.

I dare you to try this recipe this week...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It is very yummy and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand.

Diet Coke Chicken Jambalaya

1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 cup ketchup
1 cup diet coke (reg. coke works too if thats what you have)
1 cont. fresh salsa (the kind that is just cut up veggies with very little "sauce," if you can't find this in the veggie section at your grocery store, just cut up and onion and/or some celery - it isn't as good, but it works)
4 cups cooked white rice

In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, diet coke, and salsa. Whisk or stir together until combined.

In a large skillet, brown chicken (and onion and celery if using). When the chicken is cooked, at the ketchup mixture, bring to a boil then reduce heat.

Stir the cooked rice into the chicken and sauce mixture and serve.

Thanks Political Chic, as I said, my kids are now grown, but I'm looking forward to grand kids. LOL! I think I was probably the mommy from hell and am so much more educated to descend on unsuspecting grandkids. :eusa_whistle:

Back then I thought I did good to label everything in the house with 3 x 5 cards in English and Spanish, when my daughter was 6 months old. I really did. :embarrassed: Classical music much of the time, interspersed with jazz, rock, and blues.

I nursed all of them over a year. I was the mom that was out there with carob bars and soy drinks instead of fruit roll ups and juice boxes for soccer. Seriously, I wore myself out. I did get over it, by the time my youngest was 4.

What I wouldn't change is the cooking involvement, more important the shopping trips. How much math, nutrition, and good feelings are to be had from a simple outing! One trip I wish I could forget, but obviously am unable; taking my youngest out, talking all the time about the colors of fruits and vegetables, etc. Getting into the checkout lane and an older lady, maybe 75, oohing and ahhing over the seemingly cherub with blond ringlets, eyelashes to die for, and those blue eyes. The cherub response, "You are old and ugly! Leave me alone." He was 2. He was also BD. :lol: In June he graduates with honors in law enforcement.

You can also make it without the shrimp. Just add extra ham.

Most things I make are comfort food. I like savory, filling meals with all the courses in the same bowl together, if possible. And lots of leftovers.

I do another one, also with rice, where you just boil some chicken breasts, cut them into chunks, add steamed rice, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth. Stir in your favorite poultry seasonings and simmer. There aren't even measurements with that one, because I just add stuff until the consistency looks good to me, and run with it. I like to add veggies to it, like carrots and broccoli, but my husband refuses to allow it, so when he's eating, the veggies go on the side.

I love the one pot meals as well. I like veggies, so anytime veggies are involved, that's a plus. Lately, I haven't had much time to fuss with complicated recipes, so the one you mentioned with chicken breasts and cream of mushroom is right up my ally. Those are two ingredients, I always have on hand. I like curry as well, and am trying to get the kids used to it. I made one dish with curried chick peas with onions and potatoes and it came out very good, but I was the only one that appreciated it.

When you make your dish with the chicken, do you add the veggies after the chicken is completely cooked?

I love the one pot meals as well. I like veggies, so anytime veggies are involved, that's a plus. Lately, I haven't had much time to fuss with complicated recipes, so the one you mentioned with chicken breasts and cream of mushroom is right up my ally. Those are two ingredients, I always have on hand. I like curry as well, and am trying to get the kids used to it. I made one dish with curried chick peas with onions and potatoes and it came out very good, but I was the only one that appreciated it.

When you make your dish with the chicken, do you add the veggies after the chicken is completely cooked?

Depends. If I'm using raw veggies, then I steam them while the chicken is boiling. If I'm using frozen veggies, I just toss them in at the same time as the soup and broth.

Here's my suggestion.

1 grill
1 filet mignon
sea salt

Sprinkle steak with sea salt. Grill for 5 minutes each side.

Good, easy eating

Always a winner. Same with lobster, though you do need clarified butter.

Here's my suggestion.

1 grill
1 filet mignon
sea salt

Sprinkle steak with sea salt. Grill for 5 minutes each side.

Good, easy eating

Dude,
you never salt the filet until after it's done cooking. The salt draws out the juices.
It amazes me that people still think you salt meat before cooking it.

baked chicken breasts

oven 350 for about 45 min.

place chicken breasts in a baking dish...add 1/2 italian dressing and 1/2 soy sauce...bake .... you may want to broil it a bit before serving...i never do

red hot chicken wings....

bake or fry the chicken wings...mix 1/2 butter with 1/2 tabasco.....bath wings in mix...

canned chili over rice....fast and easy for a warm winter meal easy on budget too

fried tofu...squeeze the water out of a cake of tofu...freeze....take out and slice..fry in a bit of oil till golden...dip in soy sauce

okay this is really too easy and cheap...a slice of center ham....pour a can of coke in it..and bake it slowly...till the coke is kinda gone...o wait ...did someone say healthy ...nevermind...

ahh here is easy and impressive....

take scallops...i like to slice mine at least into..i use the big ones....then fry up a couple of slices of bacon....take out bacon..toss in sliced scallops...cook nearly to done....squeeze lemon over the scallops add the bacon back and serve

Forum List

Back