Share your favorite recipes

Yes I know not many people appreciate liver & onions, but hubs & I do. It is one of the few foods I am very picky about and will never order in a restaurant just because I don't trust anyone else to do it right (for me anyway). Cause I won't eat it any other way. I use the same recipe/method my mother always did. Also, I will only eat store bought beef liver.

I had tried to find pics for ya Bones, but couldn't....any recipes I found on internet didn't even come close.

Liver and Onions

1 or 2 pkgs beef liver, rinsed in cold water
Seasoned flour for dredging (flour, salt & pepper)
2 Tbls oil or melted bacon fat
1 or 2 large onions sliced
about 1/2 C water

Heat large skillet with oil/fat on medium high heat. Dredge liver pieces in seasoned flour & fry to brown both sides and take liver out of pan & set aside. In same skillet whisk up the browned bits to loosen from pan bottom add any additional oil or fat if needed. Add onions to pan & give a good stir. Lay in the liver pieces on top of onion layer and add water. Cover, reduce heat & simmer about 10-15 minutes. Turn liver to cook other side additional 7-10 minutes. This does make it look all messy & gooey, but is so good and the liver is moist & soft
i love liver and onions, and this is how I make it too.

Forum List

Back