Share your favorite recipes

o dont trouble yourself with pics of liver and onions...i assure you....i do not eat beef liver...i can do chicken liver but that is all....

i like simple recipes...

rumki or bacon wrapped chicken livers..

take sliced water chestnuts and place a 1/2 a chicken liver on it..then wrap it with 1/2 slice of bacon and puncture with a tooth pick to keep it all together...grill or bake till bacon is crispy and liver is done...some people deep fry...now be careful even with cutting the chicken liver it can still pop...just like fried chicken livers

that looks like a great chicken wing recipe....i eat mine naked...and will consider that one for company....i love making brown sugar...

take a few cups of sugar in mixer bowl....start the mixer and begin to add molasses....now yes it will look totally fucked up...dont worry....it looks all clumpy till you add enough molasses and suddenly you have brown sugar....cheap as chips

rumki or bacon wrapped chicken livers..

take sliced water chestnuts and place a 1/2 a chicken liver on it..then wrap it with 1/2 slice of bacon and puncture with a tooth pick to keep it all together...grill or bake till bacon is crispy and liver is done...some people deep fry...now be careful even with cutting the chicken liver it can still pop...just like fried chicken livers

Sounds good though. Anything is better with bacon!

Stuffed Mushrooms (vegetarian style)

Mushrooms (white button because you are going to be using the stems)
About 1/4 of an onion - minced very fine
2 cloves garlic - minced very fine (or you can use the jarred minced garlic - that stuff is pretty good in this recipe)
1/4 cup crushed crackers or bread crumbs (whatever you prefer)
1 tbs butter/margarine
dash pepper

Directions:

Clean dirt off mushrooms with damp paper towel and remove stems
Set caps aside
Mince up the stems
Cook the stems, onion and garlic in butter/margarine on medium heat.
Stir in cracker crumbs
Add pepper
Continue to cook until liquid is absorbed by the mixture.
Spoon mixture into mushrooms caps.
Drizzle with melted butter/margarine.
Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until tender.

Garlic chicken thighs

Ingredients:

Chicken thighs (preferably bone-in so they don't get dried out)
About 1 tbs or so thyme or rosemary (preferably fresh)
About 6 or so whole garlic cloves
Olive oil
Crusty bread of your choice (must be able to stand up to the juices!)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees.
Chop rosemary/thyme fine (reserve about 4 sprigs)
Salt and pepper the thighs
Sprinkle with chopped rosemary/thyme
Heat oil in lg oven proof skillet
Add thighs skin side down and cook until nicely browned
Flip thighs and add reserved sprigs of rosemary/thyme as well as whole garlic cloves
Put skillet in preheated oven
Cook until garlic cloves are tender enough for spreading (1/2 hr - 45 min)
Reserve the browned bits on bottom
Place each thigh on a piece of crusty bread
Add some white wine and a little bit of water or chicken broth to skillet and scrape up brown bits to make a sauce
Stir until thickened
Pour sauce over chicken thighs and serve.

Yummers! :D Making myself hungry now!

13179263_10153818914470756_2858390282855829955_n.jpg

I am totally...TOTALLY addicted to pan fried chicken tenders that have been marinated in italian dressing. No extra seasonings required either! A nice bowl of white rice with Smart Balance, salt, garlic, parmesan cheese sprinkled on top....and a side of lightly fried onions and mini bell peppers with more parmesan cheese on top. So yummy!

Usually I either go to the freezer and get the package, or go to the shelf and get the box.

I made that meal tonight and forgot to take a pic of it. :(
It was delish, as usual.

Half-boiled eggs with chick pea curry.

Very spicy but goes well with a mango lassi...

Fried green beans, with bacon bits, chopped onions, garlic. Just fry them up like hashbrown. Super Yum!

Didn't see a thread already, so here we go. I try to stick to 'homemade from scratch' as much as possible and love to experiment. When I do, I don't measure but eyeball it. Even though I have a collection of cookbooks, there are few recipes that I stick to word for word & will usually tweak & tinker, only using the printed recipe as a guideline.
Please feel free to share any of your favorite recipes whether appetizers, soup, salad, breads, meat or main dish, sides, desserts, snacks, whatever strikes your fancy. I only ask that it be something you have prepared and enjoyed yourself as a 'tried & true'. Here is one I love...

Fried Rice

1/2 C leftover meat (chicken, beef, pork), chopped...or 2-3 strips of bacon cooked & crumbled or
2-3 links Chinese sausage, sliced or bay/salad shrimp
2 eggs

1/3 C frozen peas & carrots (or any favorite veggie)

2 C cooked rice, cooled

3-4 Tbls soy sauce

1/4 C sliced green onions

I usually will start with raw bacon & cook till crisp then use the grease to cook the rest. If you choose not to do it that way, then heat your large skillet with about 2-3 Tbs oil. When hot, add & scramble the eggs. Push to one side of pan. Add veggies, cook & stir for a few minutes till hot & crisp tender. Add rice & soy sauce & stir all together until well mixed. Cook & stir just a few more minutes. Then top with green onions. Enjoy
I season my fried rice with garlic, ginger, chili powder, a teeny bit of curry.

Forum List

Back